Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a personal question for those who want to answer

Go down 
+24
EvyMetal
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Troublezone
juanmiguel
tohostudios
TheGooch
DallasBlack
akeldama
mc666
Thrasher73
Rex
Fat Freddy
James B.
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
Shiney
Tall Tyrion
DeathCult
kmorg
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Stender
Martin
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:40 am

Shiney wrote:
WTF is Chess Pie?

snip

Here you go

Sweet Southern Goodness
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:25 am

That sounds yummy...I love sickeningly sweet stuff like that...

Shoofly Pie is a fave of mine and this sounds a bit similar...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:29 am

How can you like sweet stuff after having your hands and wiener it in all day? sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:58 am

Quote :
Too bad we couldnt hang out last month, you missed out on a potential sampling.
Yer killin' me!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:04 am

We don't make Shoofly Pie...so i'm okay with it...

I no longer eat: Donuts, Cake, cookies, most breads and rools and rarely pie...

After a dozen years of making and looking at the stuff...ugh!!

but Shoofly pie is the bomb!!

Sax, you ever had any?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:00 pm

I am a follower of Christ and believe he died for my sins. I don't hold onto any denomination though. I am in a Baptist church which leaves it to individuals to interpret the Bible for themselves but I do not label myself a Baptist. I do however, consider myself a Calvinist as far as theology goes, but apart from that, denomination is nothing I associate myself with. I embrace all Christians as brothers in Christ (even Catholics) regardless of denomination or theology.

I like cherry and peach cobbler myself.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:33 pm

i am not religious but that does not mean i would rule out the existence of a higher being so i would not call myself an atheist at all.

i am just here for the chat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:10 am

Shiney wrote:
That sounds yummy...I love sickeningly sweet stuff like that...

Shoofly Pie is a fave of mine and this sounds a bit similar...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh man! A PA Dutch staple! I grew up on Shoofly Pie!!! Make a mean one myself.

Now if only I could master apple dumplings.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:00 pm

This thread begs for it: SHOT YOUR PIE HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's all about them waffles! greedy

Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:17 am

I only hang out here whenever I get tired with my buds at the filipino heavy metal forum at filipinometal.com : (
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:34 am

I'm a believer in Christ.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:44 pm

I believe Ernest Hemingway summed it up best when he said,

"All thinking men are atheists.”
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
I believe Ernest Hemingway summed it up best when he said,

"All thinking men are atheists.”

I love Hemingway. But if that is true, then Socrates, Aristotle, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Francis Bacon, Plato, Anselm, Spinoza, and Descartes are all "non-thinkers".

Sorry, Ernie, but you are a moron compared to everyone on that list. lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:56 pm

I think most of these so called thinking men are just thinking their way to an early grave. I sure do love the contibutions of their latest weapons devolpments and thanks to Einstein for his lovely discovery of nuclear matter.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Quote :
I like this board because it seems like here
Christian music is well integrated. On other boards it seems to be
either emphasized or ignored. Here we can discuss it intelligently
without people getting bent out of shape one way or the other.
Well put SAHB.

I'm a Christian.

I like all cobblers but throw away the disgustng cherries when they contaminate one I want to eat.

I'm one of those ones who's never uttered "This is too sweet".
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:35 pm

I eat cake for breakfast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:24 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I eat cake for breakfast.

To be young and live on the edge again.....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Raised Christian, but I don't practice.

I just come here for the rock & metal! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:10 pm

I am at a crossroads these days. My faith is pretty fragile right now. My pride is in the way and I don't really know what I believe in anymore. I don't have a "personal relationship" with God. I don't even know what the heck that is and some of what I see in the name of Christianity these days makes me ill, so I don't know. I'm wandering around the forest of life trying not to be bitten by any snakes.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:04 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I am at a crossroads these days. My faith is pretty fragile right now. My pride is in the way and I don't really know what I believe in anymore. I don't have a "personal relationship" with God. I don't even know what the heck that is and some of what I see in the name of Christianity these days makes me ill, so I don't know. I'm wandering around the forest of life trying not to be bitten by any snakes.

I hate them snakes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:07 pm

Well, I consider myself to be a spiritual person...but to me their is a VAST difference between faith and religion. I have faith...but I am not a fan of organized religion.

I believe in a higher power, but have yet to run across an interpretation that I agree with. To me faith is a personal thing and I don't require the dogma that goes with following a particular religion.

If someone asked me if I was a Christian I would have to honestly say no. But if they asked me if I was athiest I would also answer no to that. I really don't know if there's a label for what I believe in...and that's perfectly fine with me. As it's my personal interpretation that feels most important to me.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

I found this place looking for a setlist of the current Judas Priest tour and decided to stay for the conversation. People chat to the point here and there is very little bickering or name calling. Look in at KNAC.com to know what I mean, AS far as forums go this place is heaven.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:37 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
I found this place looking for a setlist of the current Judas Priest tour and decided to stay for the conversation. People chat to the point here and there is very little bickering or name calling. Look in at KNAC.com to know what I mean, AS far as forums go this place is heaven.

cool
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:35 pm

I believe in God. I struggle very hard with this at times but I do believe.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:17 pm

kmorg wrote:
This thread begs for it: SHOT YOUR PIE HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck does "shot" your pie holes mean? I've heard of SHUT your pie hole.

You must be referring to something spec showed you...

PostSubject: Re: a personal question for those who want to answer   a personal question for those who want to answer - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a personal question for those who want to answer
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next