Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer hits an all time low.

Go down 
+12
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
TH Joe
MetalGuy71
Smindas
ultmetal
KissinMaiden
Fat Freddy
sovdat
mc666
INVADERS
Troublezone
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 5:51 pm

Slayer has been on a constant downslope for over 10 years. This isn't surprising. Their new album is garbage to me.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 6:37 pm

Necronomicon wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
For me, Slayer's all-time low was recording an
all-punk cover album and featuring none of the metal bands that
influenced them. It's no coincidence IMHO that this was done at a time
when metal was still a dirty word. In the press release that
accompanied its release, Slayer were touted as "pioneers of hard music".

Huh?

It's a punk covers CD,Why would it include Metal bands?

My point is, why make it an all-punk tribute and not include all your real musical influences? They did it because metal was pretty much a dirty word then.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 10:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

My point is, why make it an all-punk tribute and not include all your real musical influences? They did it because metal was pretty much a dirty word then.

Slayer were just as influenced by hardcore like D.R.I. and Dead Kennedys as they were by metal bands like Priest and Maiden. Although I see your point... it would've been nice to see them mix it up a little and run through a couple of metal tunes on that covers album instead of all punk stuff.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 10:47 pm

They should've covered both metal and punk.

When they first formed they played Maiden and Priest covers.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 12:09 am

Lurideath wrote:
Slayer has been on a constant downslope for over 10 years. This isn't surprising. Their new album is garbage to me.
the simple fact that you & the rest of the main stream don't like them anymore, tells me they are doing something right.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 1:06 am

This thread sort of illuminates the problem with fans these days: they simply don't understand what they're complaining and whining about. It all makes for a downright negative experience across the board.

What the hell happened to praising the bands you love? What happened to having fun with music? These days far too many people spend 99% of their time talking trash about bands. What's the point? I get little enjoyment from bashing bands I dislike; yet I LOVE discussing the stuff I do like!

But go to any forum on the net and you can see scathing, multiple-paragraph diatribes about how Metallica sucks now, or how In Flames have gone nu-metal, or how Evanescence sounds like Linkin Park with a chick, or how Slayer sold out for selling an exclusive EP at Hot Topic, or how Sepultura's Chaos A.D. was a nu-metal album and it sucked, or how certain albums/bands are totally overrated, though those albums/bands were already frickin' classic, all-time greats BEFORE that person was born! And those very same people, when discussing bands they supposedly love, reply with "OMG! THIS BAND IS TEH AWESOME! LOLZ!!11!!1!one!!" or "I love this band" or "This band rulz!" or some equally lame one-liner. Screw that! The bands you love get one line. The bands you hate get paragraphs? Anyone see the problem here?

All the negative nonsense is retarded.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 3:20 am

Eyesore wrote:
"OMG! THIS BAND IS TEH AWESOME! LOLZ!!11!!1!one!!"

Slaaaaaaaaayer!!!! 🤘 Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 2:15 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
1st post!

MESHUGGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 9:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
1st post!

MESHUGGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AXL IS GODDER THAN GOD!!

VINNIE VINCENT IS GODDER THAN AXL!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:45 pm

Slayer should tour with Kreator! SCREW MANSON
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 4:05 pm

Bloody hell...just spent the last 45mins typin here on a 'why Slayer can do no wrong/right' etc and the net crashed...lovely

Anywho, In 20 words or less: Mason will help Slayer in popularity, though I doubt any creative juices will be squeezed while on tour with Marylin & co.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 5:13 am

TH Joe wrote:
Why isn't Slayer touring with bands like Destruction or Sodom? That'd make more sense. Am I right?

Most probably because Sodom and Destruction would blow Slayer off the stage and show them how real thrash is supposed to be still played. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 7:09 am

GrandNational wrote:
TH Joe wrote:
Why isn't Slayer touring with bands like Destruction or Sodom? That'd make more sense. Am I right?

Most probably because Sodom and Destruction would blow Slayer off the stage and show them how real thrash is supposed to be still played. Just my opinion.
they may actually show them how to sell less cds, but other than that... i don't see any difference in their material.

fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 7:33 am

so what? Even though Manson isn't my bread and butter least they are not touring with some wanky amateurish nu metal band like Limp Bizshit, Linkin Park, Slipknob, Shittones and Kid Rock or some wanky indie band like the Killers, Wolfmother or bernard fanning. I think Manson's songs are mediocre most of the songs are ripped off from Nine Inch Nails, WASP and Ministry and are unoriginal but on the other hand I know I am committing to heavy metal blasphemy so fucken what? but he is an excellent performer on stage whether you like him or not. But hey it could of been worse but I also I don't think Slayer made a smart decision touring with them in the first place because that means the die hard heavy metal crowd will collide with the geeky 90's alternative crowd but hey the metal crowd will sort em out haha.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 7:41 am

Slayer recorded Undisputted Attitude as punk was their big influence,
especially on Jeff. 3 songs on that album are also his own songs, which
were recorded in early 80s. So, nothing terrible here.

And for the Manson - yeah, I'd choose him instead of 90% of current
thrash bands as well - I don't like his music, but at least he's
original and knows what he's doing.

And for the Slayer on stage, did you see them or you're just talking
like that? If Destruction show is a Ferrari ... then Slayer is laser
bullet Smile
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 7:44 am

mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
TH Joe wrote:

they may actually show them how to sell less cds, but other than that... i don't see any difference in their material.

Maybe Destruction but certainly not Sodom they are the world's most mediocre thrash metal band they only released some good songs like the title track from Agent Orange the rest is dull mediocre crap like its not as bad as nu metal but certainly not in the league of The Big 4, Wrathchild America, Souls at Zero, Toxik, Vio- Lence and Overkill well hang on they are better than MetallicA nowa days but not the other thrash metal bands
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 2:48 pm

Tight N' Steel wrote:
Bloody hell...just spent the last 45mins typin here on a 'why Slayer can do no wrong/right' etc and the net crashed...lovely

Anywho, In 20 words or less: Mason will help Slayer in popularity, though I doubt any creative juices will be squeezed while on tour with Marylin & co.
Um...that's 22 words. Stop lying. Sellout!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 7:31 pm

lol...aye your right Eyesore...I should trade in my Ride The Lightning for Reload while I'm at this.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 8:55 pm

Haha this is to funny, love a good flame war.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 8:07 am

manson is a dick head i have seen him live once (at a festival in suport to linkin park also smurf poo an he sucked)

but slayer rule. they probably did it so their concert will loook better when they pawn him. i have seen them both and i tell they slayer pawned him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer hits an all time low.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: