Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer hits an all time low.

Go down 
+12
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
TH Joe
MetalGuy71
Smindas
ultmetal
KissinMaiden
Fat Freddy
sovdat
mc666
INVADERS
Troublezone
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Slayer hits an all time low. Empty
PostSubject: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 2:33 am

Wow, their new tour/turd will be with Manson. Time for everyone to get in touch with their feminine side. sick
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 2:59 am

i know... what the F*** is going on with them.....

Slayer needs to get their act together
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 4:05 am

troublezone wrote:
Wow, their new tour/turd will be with Manson.
uh... so what? scratch

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 4:26 am

They're constantly touring with crappy bands, but their music was and still is on a high level!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 4:39 am

My point is Slayer will cap on a band like Stryper who in my opinion are very good musicians and then turn around and go out on tour with a "band" like Manson. Just because they are anti-christ or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 7:27 am

Hahahaha, Slayer's fans will eat the little Manson-ites for breakfast...!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 8:26 am

ewww Manson, Slayer is still cool as hell though Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:07 am

Who is opening for who?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 11:35 am

It's a co-headline tour I believe. I'm not a Manson fan, but I fail to see the issue here. If anything, it was better than having Hatebreed on the first Unholy Alliance - at least Manson can put out a decent track on occasion.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 1:45 pm

Bands need to make money from touring. If idiots would stop downloading, maybe bands like Slayer wouldn't have to tour with mainstream bands to make a living.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 1:55 pm

"Idiots" would stop downloading if record companies stopped ripping off the buyers who are consequently forced to make prioritise the albums they buy as a result of heinous pricing Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 2:57 pm

Unfortunately, it's a vicious circle.

The more people download for free, the more record companies & retail outlets have to charge to make a profit, which means people are more inclined to download for free, which makes the record companies charges more, which blah blah blah...you see what I mean. It's the collectors like us that end up paying the price.

While I myself do not illegally download, I see my neices & nephews do it all the time for their pop music. I can see their point. Why pay for a whole new cd for only one or 2 good songs? When I try to explain that it's stealing, I look like a crazy, music-obsessed, old-fart uncle. There is a whole generation of kids being raised to think it's ok to steal music.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
There is a whole generation of kids being raised to think it's ok to steal music.

I told my kids the other day the very same thing. They were using Limewire to get songs for their Ipods. I told them they were stealing music and they just thought I was nuts. "How can it be stealing when it's right here and it says free?"
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 4:46 pm

You're talking like Slayer are some average band with 10k albums sold. They were selling hundreds of thousands (millions) albums and they still do. Don't think that they're touring with Slipknot, System of a Dawn or Manson for money.

Christ Illusion was released on August 8, 2006 by American Recordings / Warner Bros. Records. In its first week of release, the album sold 62,000 copies in the United States and debuted at number 5 on the Billboard 200 Chart.[32] Though this ranked as the band's highest chart position to date, and was their first top 10 charting since 1994's Divine Intervention,[32] the album dropped to number 44 the following week.[33] Christ Illusion reached number 9 in Australia,[34] number 3 in Canada, number 6 in Austria, number 8 in the Netherlands, number 10 in Norway and debuted at number 2 in Finland[35] and Germany.[36] The single "Eyes of the Insane" won the "Best Metal Performance" category at the 49th Grammy Awards.[37]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 5:43 pm

Sure Maiden played with Manson over here last year and now you hear nothing about it, so what is the big deal ? it will pass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 6:05 pm

I like both bands so I'm cool with it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:03 am

The big deal or problem is ... once apon a time slayer along with a few other big name artists had the nerve to put down bands such as Testament. Fast forward 15 years or so and they are taking out on tour a weak aternative rock group that Testament would destroy talent wise. If you like manson i don't expect you to get my point or see where i'm coming from.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:16 am

i don't like Manson & i still don't see what the big deal is.

it's not like they've spent every tour with Lollapoolooza acts. its just a single tour dude.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:42 am

Mc666,
I know dude but it's lame. I feel sorry for the manson fans that will get messed up. I know what i'm talking about witnessing more than a few slayer shows and knowing the brutallity of slayer fans. I remember hearing about some guy getting his eyeball knocked out of his socket in a fight at their show. Well whatever, manson will be watching the mayhem from a far loving it.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:48 am

Why isn't Slayer touring with bands like Destruction or Sodom? That'd make more sense. Am I right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
There is a whole generation of kids being raised to think it's ok to steal music.

I told my kids the other day the very same thing. They were using Limewire to get songs for their Ipods. I told them they were stealing music and they just thought I was nuts. "How can it be stealing when it's right here and it says free?"
I must confess that I used to download mp3s off of Limeware and KaZaa and such. I don't anymore. I (now) realize it's wrong. Now, I only buy/download legally off of iTunes.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:08 pm

I download and buy albums, recently I started buying albums ALOT. I would buy more but since I lack a job I stick to downloading at times. My collection has grown over a year from about 15 cd's to 100+. Not much for some of you hardcore collectors but, its alot for me who doesn't have much money. I guess downloading is fine as long as you contribute to your artist, so you won't hurt them in any way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 4:21 pm

TH Joe wrote:
Why isn't Slayer touring with bands like Destruction or Sodom? That'd make more sense. Am I right?

True but why don't Maiden do the same and tour with bands similar to them ? Manson, Trivium.

The only bands that I see sticking to similar artists are bands like Cinderella, Poison etc.... they seem to package themselves correctly for the fans, other bands of different genres seem to tour with anyone once their cut of it is large enough.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 4:54 pm

For me, Slayer's all-time low was recording an all-punk cover album and featuring none of the metal bands that influenced them. It's no coincidence IMHO that this was done at a time when metal was still a dirty word. In the press release that accompanied its release, Slayer were touted as "pioneers of hard music".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 5:34 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
For me, Slayer's all-time low was recording an
all-punk cover album and featuring none of the metal bands that
influenced them. It's no coincidence IMHO that this was done at a time
when metal was still a dirty word. In the press release that
accompanied its release, Slayer were touted as "pioneers of hard music".

Huh?

It's a punk covers CD,Why would it include Metal bands?

There are a lot of classics on that one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer hits an all time low.   Slayer hits an all time low. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer hits an all time low.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next