Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC-Black Ice

Go down 
+41
DallasBlack
mr.electric39
jstate
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
brontotex
ultmetal
mez
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Schbopo
ghost
metalmaniac122
mc666
MetalRob331
powermacho
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
XYZ
manny
A Handful of Wayne
White_Mage
thejokeriv
sam
rattpoison
Wargod
Waylon
MoonChild
Selvmord
Lurideath
skullsmasher
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
akeldama
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:14 pm

here is a brief (very brief) review from Eddie Truck site that he took from Rolling Stone
http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/402992/pid/400512
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Awesome cover. Hope the music's just as good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:14 pm

manny wrote:
here is a brief (very brief) review from Eddie Truck site that he took from Rolling Stone
[url=http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/402992/pid/400512
http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/402992/pid/400512[/quote[/url]]

"Angus Young shreds throughout (we dig his slide work on “Decibel”), "

That's a new trick for the old dog, isn't it? Has Angus ever played slide guitar on an album before?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:39 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
manny wrote:
http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/402992/pid/400512[/quote]

"Angus Young shreds throughout (we dig his slide work on “Decibel”), "

That's a new trick for the old dog, isn't it? Has Angus ever played slide guitar on an album before?

I am racking my brain and I believe you are right Angus has never played slide on an album before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:00 pm

By "slide work" do they really mean a slide, though?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:

As opposed to what? When I read "slide work" I think of a glass or metal tube on the finger run up and down the frets of the guitar. What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
As opposed to what? When I read "slide work" I think of a glass or metal tube on the finger run up and down the frets of the guitar. What are you talking about?
Sliding riffs or solos, no slide tube (like Bon Jovi's "I'll Be There For You" intro, that sort of thing). I would think Eddie Trunk would know the difference, though, so maybe Angus did pull something new out of the old bag of tricks.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:20 pm

I wouldn't suprised if he did pull out the slide on us considering the amount of blues influence he has but it is kinda strange that he's done something new with his guitar playing after all these years

Maybe everyone saying that he only plays three cords finally got to him lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Just think, maybe we'll get a few new riffs, too! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:18 am

This is hilarious!

Quote :
According to News.com.au, die-hard AC/DC fans have sunk to a hilarious new low in rock and roll fandom.

Fans who attended a film clip shoot in London last week were among the first in the world to hear AC/DC's new single "Rock 'N Roll Train", and, instead of leaking an unauthorized recording, have set about recreating it themselves on YouTube.

One video shows a fan dressed as Brian Johnson singing "Rock N Roll Train" in his bedroom. Another clip features a fan "singing" the song's main guitar riff in a series of "nah, nah, nah" noises.

Yet another clip shows a fan playing the song on guitar, after having the riff described to him by a friend who was at the film shoot.

Watch the clip in question below.

lol!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 am

What, AC/DC with slide guitar......they'll be sounding like their mates the 'Tatts'!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 am

Eyesore wrote:
This is hilarious!

Quote :
According to News.com.au, die-hard AC/DC fans have sunk to a hilarious new low in rock and roll fandom.

Fans who attended a film clip shoot in London last week were among the first in the world to hear AC/DC's new single "Rock 'N Roll Train", and, instead of leaking an unauthorized recording, have set about recreating it themselves on YouTube.

One video shows a fan dressed as Brian Johnson singing "Rock N Roll Train" in his bedroom. Another clip features a fan "singing" the song's main guitar riff in a series of "nah, nah, nah" noises.

Yet another clip shows a fan playing the song on guitar, after having the riff described to him by a friend who was at the film shoot.

Watch the clip in question below.

lol!

Yea I saw this yesturday. I couldnt listen to the whole thing cause his singing was really annoying but was that the real song he was singing to?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:46 am

That's great. I love that fact he has an accent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:53 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea I saw this yesturday. I couldnt listen to the whole thing cause his singing was really annoying but was that the real song he was singing to?
I thought it was hilarious. Haha.

Apparently it's an interpretation of the real song. I guess some kids got to hear the song and then tried to remember it later. This is what they came up with. Sounds like it could be a cool tune, even if that guy sucks! Haha.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:58 am

It was funny.. The funnier one is the guy whos interpreting the new song buy singing in like nah nah nah nah nah lol
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:46 pm

3 different covers? hmm which one do I get now? I like the original one out of the three I think

http://www.acdcnews.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:01 pm

Yeah, I like the red one best. Glad they're not putting an exclusive song on each, though!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Yea cause then id have to buy them all haha
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, I like the red one best. Glad they're not putting an exclusive song on each, though!

Yea, I hope they don't do that. I wonder if all 3 variations will be easily available or will they, for example, make the red one the primary release and do the other 2 in limited runs to make them more sought-after by collectors?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Do you know this will be the first ever AC/DC album I'm excited about? Haha.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:05 pm

Haha me too in a way cause their last one just wasnt that great and this year has actually been very good with releases. I know you just started buying ac/dc cds not too long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:31 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Haha me too in a way cause their last one just wasnt that great and this year has actually been very good with releases. I know you just started buying ac/dc cds not too long ago.
Well, I didn't buy my first AC/DC album until last year. So that's why this'll be my first new AC/DC release experience.

And I like Stiff Upper Lip. "Damned" is such a killer tune!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:44 pm

This is gonna be my first new AC/DC album experience too I was a fan of them when Stiff Upper Lip and Ballbreaker came out but I was too busy listening to the early stuff and just learning about the band in genral that they totally passed me by

2 DAYS TILL THE NEW SONG IS RELEASED 🤘
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Well, I didn't buy my first AC/DC album until last year. So that's why this'll be my first new AC/DC release experience.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked scratch Shocked

Anyway, I personally like the yellow cover the best, it feels more retro to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:19 am

1 day until the new song is released. i cant wait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC-Black Ice   AC/DC-Black Ice - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC-Black Ice
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next