Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?

Go down 
+13
7thSecond
nevermore
thejokeriv
TheGooch
arttieTHE1manparty
DeathCult
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
skullsmasher
mc666
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 am

I have seen Sollinger perform with Skid Row four to five times, he has been the front man many years more than Bas ever was yet he is still considered the new guy. No, he is not Bach in any way shape or form but as arttieThe 1manparty stated above " He really can sing". I like both line-ups and have never been disappointed with a Skid Row show. They have done a "punked up" version of I'll remember you that is pretty cool with Johnny.

I have to say back in the day it was all of Sebastian's stupid antics that turned me away from the band and after watching the VH1 show it looks as if he is still the same screwball as ever. But all that aside he is a great singer and showman to have fronting a band. He is going to be noticed no matter what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:00 am

Quote :
They have done a "punked up" version of I'll remember you that is pretty cool with Johnny.

This is the song I left after.

Horrible.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:14 pm

Bas was a major part of their success, no doubt in my mind. The Bon Jovi connection certainly didn't hurt either.

I'll also add that Sebastian is one of the best singers I've ever seen in a live performance. I've seen Skid Row multiple times back in the day and saw Bas solo in a small club in Philly just a few years ago, and he sounds awesome live. Great singer. Kind of a tool, but one heck of a singer.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'll also add that Sebastian is one of the best singers I've ever seen in a live performance. I've seen Skid Row multiple times back in the day and saw Bas solo in a small club in Philly just a few years ago, and he sounds awesome live. Great singer. Kind of a tool, but one heck of a singer.

No Doubt.The guy is one of the best singers I've seen live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Purely conjecture, but I'll join the party. I think they would've eventually gotten the fame without Bas. Sabo's a very good guitarist, and the rest of the guys aren't bad muso's either. I saw them at the Birch Hell before they broke and IMO Bas was always just ever-so-slightly off-key. I couldn't, and still can't, take it when a singer can't sing on-key. If it wasn't for the girls, my friends, and maybe the musicianship of the rest of the band, I would'a walked out the first time I seen them and never went to another SR gig there.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:18 pm

They might have made a small splash, but I think Bas was the major reason they did get huge. The dude had the whole package you want from a frontman. I remember hearing the debut and thinking "Hey, they're pretty good". Slave To The Grind, however, just floored me. They were hitting on all cylinders with that album, and I don't think another frontman would have worked. The vocals and the music went hand-in-hand.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:43 pm

If they could have made it without Bach don't you think those two recent albums they put out would have been better recieved? Bach might not be as refined as he was in the early 90's but he still is a great singer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:31 am

Splat wrote:
I saw them at the Birch Hell before they broke and IMO Bas was always just ever-so-slightly off-key.

I'm guessing you mean Birch Hill. Are you a Jersey guy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?   Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would Skid Row have been a huge as they were without Bas?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2