Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't

Go down 
+12
Glower
Thrasher73
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Lari
nevermore
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Troublezone
James B.
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Empty
PostSubject: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 1:57 am

Lots of contenders!
Also, why do you think it didn't happen?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:10 am

King’s X and Galactic Cowboys

I think King’s X didn’t get big because they were hard to categorize musically, and not enough advertising or record label push.

Galactic Cowboys were victims of promotional neglect and Geffen records prioritizing Nirvana. They also were too weird and different for the metal and thrash community. Monty Colvin said Overkill’s audience hated them when they were on tour.

A lot of people hate avant-garde groups. Faith No More was weird, but they had that big hit song and some decent MTV exposure. Saigon Kick too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:38 am

I’ll add Trouble and Savatage too.

Trouble should have been more successful with their Rick Rubin albums. Savatage were overlooked by weak promotion. I think maybe Jon’s voice was also a bit too crazy for the mainstream. Criss Oliva was a major talent like Randy Rhoads.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 4:29 am

Marshall Law. Excellent British heavy metal band.

Lots of instantly memorable tracks and the vocals are top notch.

As a matter of fact, i am surprised that this band is unknown to many metalheads.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 6:46 am

Tyketto! Tyketto!

Their timing was awful. Had they started 5-7 years earlier? Or 12-15 years later?

Among the greatest songwriting ever. They can't write a bad song.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 1:18 pm

Mindfunk
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 1:31 pm

Babylon A.D. That album was so good!! Their label and management should have done so much more with them.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Really. I think more metal fans should have cherished this group. Or should have. Not sure if they are active anymore.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Really. I think more metal fans should have cherished this group. Or should have. Not sure if they are active anymore.

They disbanded a few years ago. That's one band i would love to see getting back together.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Lots of instantly memorable tracks and the vocals are top notch.

As a matter of fact, i am surprised that this band is unknown to many metalheads.

I have to say I don't think I've ever heard them. I'll have to check them out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Warrior Soul

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 3:37 pm

Killen!

In all seriousness, Demolition Hammer maybe should not have been big enough to reach household name status, but big enough to be near "Big 4" level big, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 4:42 pm

Wildside- Tons better than a lot of the hair bands from the 80’s and early 90’s. They were just too late to the game.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 5:17 pm

Paragon. Such an underrated power metal act.

Unknown to many.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 5:53 pm

Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Glower wrote:
Megadeth.

scratch

Megadeth are very successful. One or two notches under Metallica in popularity. With a peculiar voice like Dave’s, they probably exceeded expectations! Razz
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 6:59 pm

Savatage, Tyketto, Vain and in America Saxon.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 7:02 pm

Grim Reaper. Bad record deal prevented them from becoming bigger. They are one of my favorite bands though.

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm

Man, lots of great choices!

My choice is Icon headbanger
Dig the "metal" on the debut
Dig the "pop hard rock" on the next one

They were fortunate to get a round two on a major label with a new singer.
(IMHDO) It isn't close to what they did prior.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 10:37 pm

Pentagram should have been a huge band IMO. I don't own all their stuff, but the cds I do have are all great. It's hard to write that though, because I think Bobby Liebling is a POS.

I think Satan should have been a bigger band too. I think they screwed up when they named themselves Satan. Then when you hear them, it's nothing like what your thinking they should sound like. I know from my point if view, I picked up their debut album on cassette way back when, thinking I was getting a band that would sound like Possessed, and got a band that sounded more like shit to my ears back then. I love them now, but back then the name was misleading and I never gave them a chance for years after that. I'm sure there are more kids out there back then that did the same thing. Then of course, just the name itself isn't going to get you far.

Another one that I think could have become a pretty big band is Kingston Wall. Talented three piece hard rock band that broke up after their lead singer/gutarist/song writer committed suicide. Three albums, to me all really freakin good, and I think word was getting around right around the time he died.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 9:43 am

Speaking of Satan: the other Ramsey/English band, Skyclad, also should be much bigger than they are. Being the pioneers of folk metal, and all.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 1:54 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Grim Reaper. Bad record deal prevented them from becoming bigger. They are one of my favorite bands though.

Great band. I ordered Steve Grimmett's Personal Crisis on cd recently.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 2:21 pm

Since Wrecked mentioned Satan, the band Lucifer is going to fall into this category too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 5:41 pm

nevermore wrote:
Since Wrecked mentioned Satan, the band Lucifer is going to fall into this category too.

Nice pun with “fall”… Razz

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 8:35 pm

Paragon!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't   What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What band do you think should've been huge.... But wasn't
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next