Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal......when you're 64.

Go down 
+27
Thrasher73
Lurideath
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
skullsmasher
metalmaniac122
tohostudios
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
James B.
XYZ
the sentinel
Required Fields
DallasBlack
krokus
scottmitchell74
Wargod
Olafsto
ensiferum2k
INVADERS
GrandNational
metalinmyveins
rattpoison
mc666
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:21 pm

The older I get the more I realize that the different forms of music seem to fit particular moods I'm in...it's a vast musical universe and I don't want to narrow down my interests.

But I insist on having Master Of Reality played at my funeral. grim reaper
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:15 pm

detuned wrote:
But I insist on having Master Of Reality played at my funeral. grim reaper

Nice dude! Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 7:48 pm

one thing for sure.....when you're 64

there will be.... those young kiddies

and they will say...that what you play

or what you call.... isn't METAL at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:06 pm

mc666 wrote:
i can't imagine myself living past 40. hopefully i won't either. 40 seems like a nice age to bow out.

I'm 43 and I hope I have at least another 43 years to go. Life is good. And at this point, I'm sure I'll still be listening to metal when I'm 64. The real question is what will the new Judas Priest album sound like in the year 2029. surprised
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:34 am

I will always listen to some form of metal especially stuff like Sabbath or Trouble.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:24 am

James B. wrote:
one thing for sure.....when you're 64

there will be.... those young kiddies

and they will say...that what you play

or what you call.... isn't METAL at all

QFT
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:41 am

I'm an old fart and I still listen to metal, punk and other forms of hard edged music. I will say my tastes have broadened a lot as I've gotten older. 15 or 20 years ago, I wouldn't have given bands like Blackmore's Night, Sonia Dada or Enigma the time of day. Now, I enjoy them.

Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:48 pm

SMURF age man, metal is for life!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:57 pm

metalmaniac122 wrote:
SMURF age man, metal is for life!!! 🤘

Finally! The title for my memoirs!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm an old fart and I still listen to metal, punk and other forms of hard edged music. I will say my tastes have broadened a lot as I've gotten older. 15 or 20 years ago, I wouldn't have given bands like Blackmore's Night, Sonia Dada or Enigma the time of day. Now, I enjoy them.

You see, that is what I thought 20 years ago. I will be 43 pretty soon and I still like all of the stuff I grew up with. In the 70's it was KISS, Alice Cooper, and stuff like that(still like them just as much or more today) In the 80's there are too many bands to count, I bought it all and saw hundreds of live shows. The 90's and 2000's I still support the same bands as ever but have turned out to also enjoy Blackmore's night and other non-metal bands. Much like MC666 said that 40 seems like a good age to bow out I thought that same thing at 20 but now that I have reached that milestone and passed it I find that I still love great metal and hard rock as much as ever and am not quite ready to cash in my chips. One of the really cool things about being around now is that I have been able to introduce my son to this type of music and he is digging as much as I did and still do. I got him second row center for Heaven and Hell last year and was able to get the two of us up on stage with Iron Maiden a couple months ago. He loved it, I loved it, life is good. I'll be rockin' till I'm old and gray. Hopefully he will still be there to take me to shows when I can't drive to them anymore. Metal is a lifestyle and an attitude as much as anything, it has nothing to do with age. Live to rock and rock to live ....forever.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Actually, my tastes have gotten weirder as I've gotten older. I got into industrial metal about 10 years ago (KMFDM, Ministry, Stabbing Westward, etc) and really unclassifiable stuff like Alabama 3, AfroCelt Soundsystem and Solas. And lately I've been on a major glam/sleaze rock binge.

So yeah, age is mostly irrelevant to the music you listen to except that the older I get the less I give a rip what anyone else thinks of what I listen to.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Of course I will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:13 pm

I want to live till I'm 69 (tee-hee!!)

I'll still probably listen to metal. Although my tastes in music has varied more that I'm older, it still has it's foundation in rock/metal. I can't imagine that changing.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Well, I'm sure I'll still be listening to the "oldies" like Scorpions, Judas Priest, Megadeth and KISS just as I do now.

I'm pretty sure I won't be listening to any new metal though. I rarely do that now.

oh dear im only 19 and i dont listen to much new metal
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:27 am

I'm 36 and still playing it, but I never even thought about not listening to it. When I am 64 I'll probably still be playing it (provided my back holds out). I'll be the oldest damn drummer in metal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:17 am

Lurideath wrote:
I'll be the oldest damn drummer in metal!

You'll be close. Smile

Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 TommyAldridge
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:46 am

I cant imagine not listening to it when I get old.I've noticed that the older I get,the heavier I like it so who knows what kind of stuff I'll be listening to when I'm 64.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:01 pm

I'm almost there, so I don't see any change. I guess I have gone back to my "Hard Rock" roots a little more in middle age; but certainly there isn't any form of metal (including "Nu") that I won't listen to. I hope the retro hard rock trend continues, as that looks like a nice destination for an old fellow.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:16 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I'm almost there, so I don't see any change. I guess I have gone back to my "Hard Rock" roots a little more in middle age; but certainly there isn't any form of metal (including "Nu") that I won't listen to. I hope the retro hard rock trend continues, as that looks like a nice destination for an old fellow.

This is me too. In fact I've been on a major glam/sleaze rock binge lately. The cool thing about that style is that even music recorded 20 years ago still sounds basically like the new stuff in the genre.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:02 pm

I pretty much plan on listening to the same music basically. I'm sure my tastes will grow as they have been the last few years. But deep down, I always go back to metal, so I can indeed see myself still listening to metal when I'm 64.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:20 pm

Most people who listen exclusively to metal in their early years eventually expand their horizons to appreciate some of the other genres of hard music. That's been my experience anyway.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:23 pm

I've been getting into the classic rock and metal lately. And I think that's where I'll stay along with metal lol.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:29 pm

You just wait MetalH.

I didn't start getting into industrial until I was about 35. I didn't get into gothic music until I was 40.

You'll be surprised what music you listen to when you get to my age. I was just like you when I was your age except I think I had more punk leanings than you do.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Yeah, about the closest I've gotten to punk is Megadeth covering the Sex Pistols or Metallica covering The Misfits.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:38 pm

of course, plus whatever else i discover, also, meshuggah will probably scare the crap outta my grandkids 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal......when you're 64.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next