Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal......when you're 64.

Go down 
+27
Thrasher73
Lurideath
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
skullsmasher
metalmaniac122
tohostudios
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
James B.
XYZ
the sentinel
Required Fields
DallasBlack
krokus
scottmitchell74
Wargod
Olafsto
ensiferum2k
INVADERS
GrandNational
metalinmyveins
rattpoison
mc666
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Metal......when you're 64. Empty
PostSubject: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:58 pm

How do you think you will see metal when you are "older"?

I know there are a couple of really cool cats that are a bit older and they seem to still dig metal, which is awesome. But Eyesore said in another thread that he doesn't know how he will see a band like "Bloodbath" when he's 60 and it got me to thinking.

I really am surprised I am still listening to the same stuff I did in '83 or '88. So I think I'll still be listening to it when I'm at least 60.

How about you?
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:10 am

I doubt I will change. I am 38 and still listen to a lot of thrash and melodic death metal, along with the sleaze/glam/hair metal that I am known to be a fan of.

ARttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:16 am

Well, I'm sure I'll still be listening to the "oldies" like Scorpions, Judas Priest, Megadeth and KISS just as I do now.

I'm pretty sure I won't be listening to any new metal though. I rarely do that now.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:26 am

i can't imagine myself living past 40. hopefully i won't either. 40 seems like a nice age to bow out.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:33 am

No doubt.....i hope.

What about even further if you end up in a nursing home and your sitting around with all your toothless buddies and you whack out a Slayer record to play.

A sobering thought indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:00 am

Still love it af 40 and still pull out Suffocation and make everybody cringe so why not then?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:32 am

If I'm lucky enough to still be around, I plan to be energetic as ever. Our 60's will be a heck a lot different than it was for our grandparents or even that of our parents at that age. 40 used to be the age of being considered over the hill, and now that just isn't the case. People are living longer lives, and in many cases taking much better care of themselves. I'm 37, and people think I look like I'm in my 20's.

The key is to be in good physical shape, but to also be strong mentally. I think metal music makes me feel younger. I've always enjoyed the genre, but lately I've been into it more. I've been tapping into albums that I didn't get years ago, that I wish I had, and having a lot of fun with it. I can't say that I would be into any new metal music when I reach that age, but I can't imagine that I will abandon groups like Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:10 am

mc666 wrote:
i can't imagine myself living past 40. hopefully i won't either. 40 seems like a nice age to bow out.

I don't know. I always thought 67 would be awesome. Don't want to be too old, I mean, look at the Rolling Stones.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:02 am

I highly doubt I'll be listening to metal into my 60's. Not everyone has the Lemmy make-up to not only listen to but play metal into their 60's.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:33 am

I don't think i could listen to anything else in my old age. It's really the only type of music I love.
I'll be listening to Metal until I die.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:39 am

speed/power/doom/trad is some type of metal that ill be listening too. no doubt. I don't know if i'll keep listening to brutal thrash, death, etc, but i'll definitely have my almost deaf ears on the earlier styles.

Last edited by ensiferum2k on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:56 am

Been listening to Metal from 10 to 40 now, can`t see that it will change.
What changes is that I listen to a lot more than Metal these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 7:02 am

I don't know how I will view it. I probably just have no concept of what it's like to be 60. I've been banned from the local bingo hall. I just see that as I get older, I've sort of been reverting back to the stuff I was weened on, which is rock. I only started listening to bands like Dark Tranquillity and such in 1999, or around there. It took me a long time to open up to it. I do love it, but it's a style I could live without. Rock, however, not a chance. I'd go insane. Haha.

But hey, I'd love it if I were still able to play death metal in my 60s and beyond. That would freak out my friends in the nursing home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:21 am

Olafsto wrote:
Been listening to Metal from 10 to 40 now, can`t see that it will change.

That's basically my experience as well. I've been listening to metal since I was 4 years old (found my Mother's copy of Paranoid and had her put it on the turntable for me)...but I've always been a fan of many music styles.

These days I tend to listen to either avant-garde jazz or slow heavy "stoner" metal. But I also listen to classic rock, blues, punk, folk, classical, etc.

I'm the only person I know who can listen to Duke Ellington and then follow it up with Slayer. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:16 am

I'm 49 and as I get older my love for metal grows stronger. It amazes me that those I grew up with at one time like hard and now cater to the country scene yuck.

Harder the better for me!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:21 am

Quote :

Quote :
as I get older my love for metal grows stronger.

This is how I feel about things. In fact, I've noticed the older I've gotten my interest in metal has focused and become stronger than ever. My music focus has narrowed to the point that very little of what I listen to in non-metal, while the same was not true in my youth. It seems I spent the first 22-25 years exploring it all and have settled nicely into a metal-groove. I'll be the goofy old man embarassing my kids and grand-kids (except the cool ones rocking with me!!) when I'm 64.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:38 am

INVADERS wrote:
I don't think i could listen to anything else in my old age. It's really the only type of music I love.

🤘 , me too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:59 am

Never say never, but I believe I will still be a metal head in my twilight years. Maybe not the more extreme stuff but I'm sure Maiden, Savatage, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Shadow Gallery, and others will still be played in my ears (if I don't go deaf by then-however, modern technology can usually correct that).

Metal 4 Life!!!!!!!
headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 pm

I've been wondering for those who don't think they'll be into the extreme metals in their dotage....why not? What will change?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:04 pm

'Cause the nurse will throw it out when she comes in for your sponge bath.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Sponge baths have the potential to be so very Metal!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:09 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I've been wondering for those who don't think they'll be into the extreme metals in their dotage....why not? What will change?

Even now I sometimes get bored with the more extreme metal (except thrash), I don't imagine that changing much with age.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:37 pm

INVADERS wrote:

Me, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:51 pm

I will always have my favorites. I have listened to some bands for 20-25 years or more (Priest, Maiden, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Queensryche, Vanhalen, Dio, Ozzy, Fates Warning, Dream Theater) so I can't see why in another 25 years or so (when I am 60) I would not still be listening to these guys. I don't think I will be listening to much or any new or nu metal, since I really don't do that now. As far as the above mentioned bands and hard rock/heavy metal go, count me in until the sun burns out!!!!
🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:59 pm

What else woudl I listen to? I like some other forms of music, but I don't LOVE any other forms. I can only listen to Waylon so many times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal......when you're 64.   Metal......when you're 64. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal......when you're 64.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next