Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MORTIFICATION news...

Go down 
+4
AchrisK
nevermore
GrandNational
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

MORTIFICATION news... Empty
PostSubject: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Here is the latest Mort update....

JULY 2008

...and a happy month of July for us all! Big announcements this month with some exciting news. The "Live Humanitarian" DVD is now finally finished in edit. It sounds and looks massive! The official release date for the DVD is September 26th through Nuclear Blast Records, Germany. Yes, you read it correctly, the biggest and best Mort live release will be soley released by the world's biggest and best heavy metal label. The DVD will be in Region 0 and thus playable worldwide.
I was speaking with Nuclear Blast owner Markus about the DVD last November when we were on tour in Europe and had dinner with him and production manager Michael. Michael and Markus have been a huge support for me since they had to let us go in late 2001. It has been a dream to work with Nuclear Blast once again. The release of "Live Humanitarian" is a foot back in the door with the world's best metal label. My main connection with Markus and Michael since 2002 has been one of friendship. There has always remained a strong bond between Mortification and Nuclear Blast. Markus and Michael have helped tremendously over the past 6 years with tour merchandise and support, even as an unsigned artist. They are truly just the best!
We are confirmed to play mainstage at this year's Black Stump Festival. We will hit stage at 8pm on Saturday, October 4th. This mainstage appearance will be the official Australian launch for the "Live Humanitarian" DVD. The DVD will be a double digipak release! Delux supremo!
In more huge Mort news, Dave Kilgallon has officially joined the band on drums. Firstly and most importantly, Mick and myself would like to thank Damien Percy for his amazing 3 year commitment to the band. Damien being involved with us for "Erasing The Goblin" and "Live Humaniatian", plus the related tours, was another great chapter in the Mortification history. Damien, your dedication and input to Mort has been truly tremendous. You have blessed many people with your skill and ideas. It is great to have a growing family of Mortification members and friends.
I recognised Dave Kilgallon's drumming prowess 2 years ago when hearing his band Scourged Flesh. Dave, along with Vaughan Gregory (Grave Forsaken), were a big part of the "Live Humanitarian" DVD concert even happening. Damien was playing Dave's kit on the night in Perth, Western Australia, when the DVD was filmed. Since the recording of "Live Humanitarian", I have been involved in personally supporting both Scourged Flesh and Grave Forsaken releases. Dave will remain living in Perth and continue his drumming commitments with Scourged Flesh and Grave Forsaken. Dave Kilgallon is an awesome young talent.
Dave was over here in Melbourne recently for an extensive time of rehearsing both the new set list and songs for next year's new studio album. Dave will return in September as we prepare for the Black Stump show and once again work on new material. The new songs are sounding massive!
...and so begins a new chapter in Mort history. I am planning a "warm up" show in Melbourne for October 1st. Watch this space for details. Dave will be back here once again in February as we prepare to spend the entire month of March next year recording the 14th Mortification opus.
Last, but absolutely not least, a huge "Thank You" to all who responded to last month's Update with financial support for my ongoing medical expenses and the Mortification mission. With cuts in government funding, under our newly elected Labor Party, for vital health products and equipment, my medical debt continues to rise. Plus, doctors have asked that I use more expensive, highly sterile medical products which, of course, are much more costly. I am continuing with my essential alternative health products due to the help from you, our most generous supporters.
Band expenses are high and sales much lower due to people stealing our music from the internet. In the 90's Mortification sold one quarter of a million units. Sales in this decade, from 4 studio albums and many CD and DVD re-issues, are around 10% of that. Like all metal bands big and small, by the end of this decade we will hopefully be at about 20% of last decade's sales. Considering that the "Live Planetarium" DVD re-issue has sold under 2000 copies worldwide and that over 140,000 people have watched the YouTube clip of "Scrolls of The Megilloth" - you do the math. The "Scrolls..." clip was a classic addition to the '93 "Live Planetarium" video package.
I love YouTube and how it has exposed all of our clips to a new generation of metal fans, creating some strong discussion about Christianity and metal music. YouTube is not stealing. But with the viewers of our clips all giving 4.5 to 5 star ratings, imagine the stealing of our music that is going on. Return to math 1! Of course, I was never involved with putting our clips on YouTube - it was done by fans without my permission. I am not angry about this. However, I will personally place 1 or 2 clips on YouTube from the new "Live Humanitarian" release. Fans will be stopped very quickly if this DVD ends up on YouTube! I will also YouTube myself later in the year in an ad directing people to where they can purchase the high quality DVDs.
Mortification is NOT surviving financially and I wear the brunt of this. I will always continue in this mission because it is my calling to do so, but if the stealing does not stop - this mission may have to. I know how much Mort means to thousands of people. The emails that you, our great supporters, send me are the fuel that keeps us going. If you wish to continue in keeping Mortification and myself alive you can do so by sending a donation via PayPal to info@roweproductions.com
I have received many emails in the past month, some of financial support and many of prayer support and encouragement. All of these have been awesome! If you wish for me to respond personally to you email, please keep it down to a maximum of 1 or 2 short sentences. I love hearing your life stories but cannot attend to huge emails. My need to keep fit and active in sport and to attend countless medical appointments makes time very precious. You know I love you all but I just ask that you keep the emails short and simple. You are the reason Mort continues and for your support, in every way, I am very grateful.
Blessings,
Steve Rowe.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Will this be the fourth drummer on the last 4 albums? Steve keeps it interesting.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Yup, more drummers than Spinal Tap.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 pm

I hope the former Mort drummers don't suffer from the fate the Spinal Tap drummers did.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 pm

I don't know much of anything about anything, but it seems to me that Steve Rowe should "do" Mortification at a level that makes sense financially.

Maybe he should also realize that Mort is not putting out anywhere near the high level of quality in their first three releases, and that accounts for some of the lack of sales.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:43 pm

I think the lack of sales is to due with the overall state of music sales, moreso than with the quality of Steve's music. Frankly, despite the atrocious cover art and album title, I thought Erasing the Goblin was a great CD. "Razorback" is one of their heaviest songs to date.

However, metal is not at the same state is was in during the late 80's and early 90's when Mortification were kings of the Christian metal scene. Metalcore seems to be the current flavor-of-the-month with most Christian metal fans. The younger fans don't seem to give a rip about old metal geezers like Steve Rowe and a lot of older fans have given up on Mortification because they aren't playing the same style of metal they were playing in 1990.

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:52 pm

I agree. How many used to be bigger bands sell close to what they did 10 or more years ago?
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Let's hope Steve can continue Mortification - I always look forward to a Morty release. humble
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I think the lack of sales is to due with the overall state of music sales, moreso than with the quality of Steve's music. Frankly, despite the atrocious cover art and album title, I thought Erasing the Goblin was a great CD. "Razorback" is one of their heaviest songs to date.

However, metal is not at the same state is was in during the late 80's and early 90's when Mortification were kings of the Christian metal scene. Metalcore seems to be the current flavor-of-the-month with most Christian metal fans. The younger fans don't seem to give a rip about old metal geezers like Steve Rowe and a lot of older fans have given up on Mortification because they aren't playing the same style of metal they were playing in 1990.

Completely agree with you Scott. Also, they have been independent for a while and without the support of a Nuclear Blast or Metal Blade, it's hard to get recognition or sales. I can't remember the last time Mort got any type of review online or in a magazine that was not Christian based.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:56 pm

i'll be buying that dvd as soon as it comes out, the cd was killer
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:

pfff...metalcore kids when will they ever learn?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:48 am

ultmetal wrote:

Yep that about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:51 am

The problem with Mort is they are inconsistant with making albums without alot of filler. I'd rather Steve put out quality ep's than a whole album of filler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MORTIFICATION news...   MORTIFICATION news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MORTIFICATION news...
Page 1 of 1