Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortification in California???

Go down 
+3
GrandNational
mr.electric39
BillRoxx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Mortification in California??? Empty
PostSubject: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:39 pm

OK, so it's no big secret that we are working diligently to make a HUGE concert announcement and festival for Southern California in late August!

Night one's line up is secure, night 2 is in the works and we are talking with several headliners now! Our first two headliners did not pan out due to toher obligations they had this summer, which was a bummer. But we need to move on and get this show on the road!

I would LOVE to be able to have a one off Mortification show in LA but it is financially not posible, as the costs to bring Steve over are going to be about $7000.

And you know if I am one thing with everyone it's straight up! This show will not make a fraction of that amount to bring him out here!

Steve is willing and would love to come and make the trip! But we would have to have a grass roots effort Starting ASAP to try and take up collections to get him out here??

1. Is there enough interest to get him out?

2. Would I be wasting a lot of time and effort to try and drum up a special 'donation' account for
all of us to get him out here and for everyone in California to get a LIVE Mortification show????

I just want to be very open and up front and get some quick opinions as to what others think? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:27 am

It would be cool to see 'em. But 7k is a lot however.

Will Ultimatum be there?? Deliverance?? Bloodgood? Stricken

This is gonna be cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 am

Bill, I'll be brutally honest, but this isn't going to happen. With the economy the way it is, and lack of support for Morty in the US, it is next to impossible, unless the grassroots effort really takes off or some generous donor is willing to pay out a large chunk. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:25 am

I would love to see Mortification in Cali but what happens to the money if it doesn't hit the mark?
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 am

bill,you know fiancally i am strapped here as i would be trying like heck to save my own to come out..but,pls anything i mean anything i can do to help make this happen,pls dont hesistate to ask!!

what if you tack on an "amount" to the ticket price? that would guarntee the fan sees mort b/c the ticket assured that? idk..i just know how excited i would be!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:37 pm

hey bill,really wanna see this happen..what if we come up with a tshirt comemorating this history making 25th for all the music involved?? or some other idea to off set the expense bringing steve here! how many of us wanna see this show? how many of us want to be a part of history? if it werent for steve rowe and mortification many of these bands around today wouldnt have had their start! pls keep this prayer and think of different ways or ideas;that bill and i can try to see this happen.thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:05 pm

I can sell some blood and semen. Not mixed, naturally. But I'm willing to do my part. Smile
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Tall order. Why expect fans that probably can't even be at the show to absorb this bill? I'd like to see who else is on the bill. I might come out, but the only band I know for sure is ultimatum and I can see them in new mexico whenver I want.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:40 pm

biddle wrote:
Tall order. Why expect fans that probably can't even be at the show to absorb this bill? I'd like to see who else is on the bill. I might come out, but the only band I know for sure is ultimatum and I can see them in new mexico whenver I want.

I know some of the bands that are confirmed. It will be a good show for sure. I can't really reveal anything until Roxx gives the go-ahead.

However, I too think that $7000 in travel expenses along is a bit much for a one off gig.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Maybe they could bring the price down if Steve and the guys borrow other people's gear... Then they would just need the plane tickets and a motel or a fan could let them crash at their house free of charge. There should be ways to bring down the cost...
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Yeah, this is probably not going to happen unfortunately. It's too much to pull together and we have to finalize the line up and start promoting now!

It is STILL gonna be a KILLER line up for a summer fest and get away this summer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortification in California???   Mortification in California??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortification in California???
Page 1 of 1