Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero

Go down 
+18
Olafsto
metalinmyveins
MetalH
akeldama
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
UltraMagnus007
Thrasher73
A Handful of Wayne
Waylon
Invader
mc666
Rex
Tall Tyrion
Chairman_Smith
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:56 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
If you had ever met me, I doubt you would be. This could be painful for you.

From what I can tell, mc666 is a pretty big boy too. I'd buy that meeting on PPV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
If you had ever met me, I doubt you would be. This could be painful for you.

From what I can tell, mc666 is a pretty big boy too. I'd buy that meeting on PPV.

Yes, but this isn't a fight. He's just getting flogged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Yes, but this isn't a fight. He's just getting flogged.

Flogged? Oh wait, I thought you 2 were going to do something else. I no longer want to be a witness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:41 pm

Quote :

emptytomb1 wrote:
I for one, like Risk better. TWNAH was too uneven.

So... you liked RISK because it was more evenly CRAPPY?? lol!

For the era, Risk was a good album. It was difficult to find good thrash much when Risk came out and though not a masterpiece, it was good.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Well, after reading the posts here I must say I am very surprised with peoples opinions on this album. IMO this was a return to form after Risk. I think the album has some awesome songs and I also really like 1000 times goodbye which seems to be a popular song to dis on this thread.

Great album.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Very uneven on the whole, but I like it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:43 pm

I like it, but was disappointed at the same time. It's not an album I spin much despite there being a few killer songs on it. It was my 2nd Megadeth album, having just become a huge fan of them buying Capitol Punishment as soon as that came it.

While I prefer Megadeth as more of a hard rock band (Youthanasia), it was a step in the right direction to them becoming a great HEAVY METAL band again. This album started the momentum, but it was the next album that really put them back in the metal category, IMO.

Favorites: "Disconnect", "Moto Psycho" (a great 'deth tune!), "1000 Times Goodbye", "Dread and the Fugitive Mind", "Return to Hangar".

The album would been even better if "Kill the King" had made it from Capitol Punishment.

mc666 wrote:
it's dull... just like every other post Rust Megadeth.
Shocked

My two favorite Megadeth albums happened after Rust In Peace: Youthanasia (possibly my favorite album of all time) and The System Has Failed.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I thought it was a good album. The album cover was sick too.

Mad I got the lame censored version. I didn't even realize it until after I had got home and already opened it. Oh well, I think it's a cheesey cover anyway.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:48 pm

I think it's a good album, Al's solos were really good but it was still a little weak musically.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Now that we've been talking about this disc, I think I'm gonna dust it off and bring it to work with me tomorrow. I couldn't even tell you the last time I listened to it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 pm

I used to really love it a lot... I had not listened to it in quite a while so I gave it a spin and was rather bored. I'm pretty much in love with United Abominations so... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:58 am

Coming off the album "Risk", I thought it sounded unbelievable. That being said, I think the album holds up fairly well these days, though it doesn't rank anywhere near the top regarding other Deth albums.

1. Peace Sells
2. Rust in Peace
3. So Far, So Good, So What
4. Youthanasia
5. Killing Is My Business
6. Countdown To Extinction
7. United Abominations
8. Cryptic Writings
9. The System Has Failed
10. The World Needs A Hero
11. Risk

Probably my favorite song on the album is "Disconnect", or "When", which sounds so much like "Am I Evil" after the first 4 minutes of the song, that I thought Megadeth might be finding itself in a copyright infringement situation. I also really like "Recipe for Hate (Warhorse)", "Motopsycho", "Burning Bridges", & "1,000 Times Goodbye".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:33 am

Quote :
9. The System Has Failed

This would be 3rd for me after RIP and Youth.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:55 am

Every metal fan seems to have very strong opinions on Megadeth.
Personally I like The World Needs a Hero a lot.. A very good album, and the start of a great period for Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:47 am

Quote :
9. The System Has Failed

This would be 3rd for me after RIP and Youth.

Ninth might sound bad, but when you have a band that has been consistently good, it gets tough to rank their albums. Obviously "Risk" was the only blemish of their 11 studio albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:20 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

Ninth might sound bad, but when you have a band that has been consistently good, it gets tough to rank their albums. Obviously "Risk" was the only blemish of their 11 studio albums.

I like Risk. As you say, they've been consistently good, so I'd definitely rank it last, but I still like it. The first 8 songs are really good, IMO.

I've read the remastered version is actually better than the original issue and has a bit more crunch to it. Is this true and is it worth picking up if I already own the original issue?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:58 pm

1. Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good
2. Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
3. Rust In Peace
4. So Far, So Good, So What
5. Countdown To Extinction
6. Youthanasia
7. United Abominations
8. The System Has Failed
9. Cryptic Writings
11. Risk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:10 pm

Quote :
1. Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good

horrible production keeps me form listening to this one. It's my least fave after Risk.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Production never bothered me about it, the songs are awesome, I love em all, even the "These Boots" cover.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Production isn't really a stickler for me, either. I can enjoy some pretty bad quality boots with great songs on them.

Here are my rankings today. The first five could get shuffled around
quite a bit depending on how I feel from day to day. All 5 are 10/10 in
my book.

1. Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
2. Rust In Peace
3. United Abominations
4. Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good
5. The System Has Failed
6. Countdown To Extinction
7. Youthanasia
8. So Far, So Good, So What
9. Cryptic Writings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:25 pm

It's my 2nd fav Deth album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 4:58 pm

I have a special connection with this album. Right before the official release, Megadeth went on a small promotional tour. The local radio station gave away tickets and you got to hear the album in it's entirety with a special laser-light show at the local planetarium. After the album, the band came out and played a short acoustic-set and did some Q & A. My PR guy at work was able to hook me up with 2 passes so me & a buddy could go. Bitchin'!!

As for the album itself, after releasing that turd known as Risk, this cd sounded more like a return-to-form, so I loved it. I think that subsequent Megadeth albums got even better, but this was a fine return in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 5:55 pm

TWNAH was indeed a return to form. Although I found Risk tolerable, it didn't get a whole lot of spins from me, except for The Doctor Is Calling (which is an awesome song).

The title track was nicely done. I love the opening chug (what else do I call it?) at the beginning of every line during verses 1 and 2.
Promises was beautiful. One of my favorites on the whole album.
Recipe For Hate is my favorite track, though.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:36 am

I have liked all of Megadeth's albums, This was the only one I didn't have until I started following this thread. I like "the world needs a hero" too, my opinion is that Dave and the band had been in a rut and not too creative for a while and have basically been rehashing old ideas. Most artists go through this phase unfortunately some never get out of it. Some of the lyrics sound to me like he was having some personal problems and they seemed to to be getting worked out through his songs. I do think he is getting back on track with United Abominations and The System Has Failed. It has to be hard to knock it out of the park every time. I've seen these guys live 10 times now going back to Killing is My Business..., not every show was great but they have always been good.
Back to top Go down
Martin
Metal novice
Metal novice
Martin

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:34 am

IMHO it's the dullest Megadeth-album ever. I'm one of the few people who actually liked Risk so it's not like I am still disappointed and want to rant. It's just that the record as it is is boring me to death evertime I try to play it. Yes, try to play it because I always end up taking it out after I've skipped to Dread And The Fugitive Mind, which is a real gem and the only song on it worth listening to. The problem is that that song comes from a compilation not the album. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next