Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero

Go down 
+18
Olafsto
metalinmyveins
MetalH
akeldama
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
UltraMagnus007
Thrasher73
A Handful of Wayne
Waylon
Invader
mc666
Rex
Tall Tyrion
Chairman_Smith
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:38 am

Why do people hate "The World Needs a Hero"? I think it's a good Megadeth platter. Moto Psycho, Dread & the Fugitive Mind, Burning Bridges, Return to the Hanger, etc. are all good songs IMO.

What's your take?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:45 am

I don't hate it. It's a slight improvement over RISK but still shows the band needed some work to get back to fighting weight again. It has some good songs (all the ones you mentioned, Ult) but quite a few clams too. The title track is kind of annoying, and what is up with that song "1000 Times Goodbye" with the conversation between Dave and a girl? A Megadeth BREAKUP song? Ugh. Oh, and in the song "When," Dave rips Diamond Head's "Am I Evil" off wholesale, for which he should be ashamed of himself.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:47 am

I think a lot of people just see it as somewhat generic - I don't know why, but the people I know that dislike it have described it as so - Also a lot of people didn't like the fact that they made a sequel to "Hangar 18". And, maybe after the dull Risk album, most people were just hoping for a masterpiece.

I myself, enjoy the album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:21 am

Here's what I think. I have had it uncased in a drawer for over a year since I first heard it. It probably looks like an angry wombat has clawed it to death now, and I don't care in the least. That about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:33 am

Was one of my first Megadeth albums, so I like it alot.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 am

I hadn't kept up with Megadeth at all after Youthanasia. After I got
The System Has Failed I tracked backwards to get Hero and was mildly
disappointed. Good album with some really good songs, but not near as
good as TSHF.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 am

It has a few good songs, one great one (Recipe for Hate...Warhorse) and a few clunkers. Its decent, but not my first pick.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:06 pm

it's dull... just like every other post Rust Megadeth.

Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:08 pm

It is in my opinion a bit uneven. It has a few great songs and a few bad songs, rest of the album is quite mediocre. But it is a listenable album.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Not their best by any means, but I find it a quite enjoyable listen... cool
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:42 pm

I thought it was a good album. The album cover was sick too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:24 pm

I for one, like Risk better. TWNAH was too uneven.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:27 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I for one, like Risk better. TWNAH was too uneven.
So... you liked RISK because it was more evenly CRAPPY?? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Spec and MC666 need to be flogged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:37 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

Ever think that maybe you are part of the problem and I'm the solution? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Beacuse I think Dave can do no wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Beacuse I think Dave can do no wrong?

Yeah, there me be a teeny tiny flaw with that logic. But more power to ya. I just think you should focus more energy on Jon Oliva's Pain and their future. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:43 pm

You should focus on not being a wanker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm a putz, not a wanker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:

See, it's not working. You're in denial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:46 pm

I like this album, but I find myself wanting to declare it crap because of that worthless song "1000 Times Goodbye." In fact, I retract my previous statements about "A Tout Le Monde" being my least favorite Megadeth tune. "1000 Times Goodbye" easily surpasses that one.

I don't know what Dave was thinking, but that song is just bad, bad, bad!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:47 pm

spectrefate wrote:

No,you're a Douche!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:50 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

No,you're a Douche!

My avatar clearly states who is the douche around here.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:51 pm

i'm a little turned on by that

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:53 pm

If you had ever met me, I doubt you would be. This could be painful for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero   Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - The World Needs a Hero
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next