Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "Osbournes" Variety Show??

Go down 
+4
thejokeriv
mc666
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Empty
PostSubject: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:19 am

Just saw this on Blabbermouth ... and was like, "Oh, PLEASE let this be a hoax story"

OZZY OSBOURNE And Family To Star In New Variety Show - July 7, 2008

Josef Adalian of TVWeek.com reports: The Fox network has won the rights to a new-style variety show that will star Ozzy Osbourne and his brood, to be produced by FremantleMedia North America ("American Idol").

Fox will produce at least six episodes of the show. Fox Alternative Entertainment President Mike Darnell said he is mulling launching the franchise with a Christmas special; the series likely will premiere in late winter or spring 2009 and could be paired with "American Idol".

The show's working title is "The Osbournes: Loud and Dangerous", though Mr. Darnell said he might go retro with a name such as "The Osbournes' Super-Terrific Happy Hour" (an homage to a "Seinfeld" episode).

Osbourne, wife Sharon and offspring Jack and Kelly all will participate in the show, which will resemble modern-day European variety shows that mix elements of competition, stunts and performances.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:43 am

Not surprising. Ozzy is such a freakin' joke.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:19 am

Hey it's the Osmonds........i mean the Osbournes.

I'll try and ignore and keep my retrospective to Ozzy purely based on the 70's. No Sharon, Bratty Kids, TV Shows, Stumbling performances etc.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:23 pm

this is probably why Lemmy never got married. he isn't whipped into doing such stunts.

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:

You leave Ozzy alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

You leave Ozzy alone.

Make me, "Mr Bouncer-Man". The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? 19976
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:20 pm

Quote :
Fox Alternative Entertainment President Mike Darnell said he is mulling launching the franchise with a Christmas special

...Great idea, cuz nothin' says "holiday cheer" like "SHAAAAROOOOOON!! THE (BLEEP)IN DOG'S PISSIN' IN ME SHOES!"

Seriously, if they air an Osbournes Christmas Special, tell me you wouldn't watch that freak show. I'm sure it'll be a train wreck on par with the infamous "Star Wars Holiday Special." People will record it and watch it 20 years from now at their Ironic Hipster Holiday Party.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 pm

I wonder if Ozzy even knows he's doing this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

You leave Ozzy alone.

Make me, "Mr Bouncer-Man". The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? 19976

Ozzy is insane like you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:22 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:

"SHARRROOOOON! YOU (BLEEP)IN' SIGNED ME UP FOR (BLEEP)IN WHAT NOW?"

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Fox Alternative Entertainment President Mike Darnell said he is mulling launching the franchise with a Christmas special

...Great idea, cuz nothin' says "holiday cheer" like "SHAAAAROOOOOON!! THE (BLEEP)IN DOG'S PISSIN' IN ME SHOES!"

Seriously, if they air an Osbournes Christmas Special, tell me you wouldn't watch that freak show. I'm sure it'll be a train wreck on par with the infamous "Star Wars Holiday Special." People will record it and watch it 20 years from now at their Ironic Hipster Holiday Party.

How true - and we all know it's pretty darn hard to keep your eyes off a train wreck
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Who cares at this point... he already tainted his career with the first show. I will watch it just for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:54 pm

Didn't they already do a one-off variety show a few years back?
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 10:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:

"SHARRROOOOON! YOU (BLEEP)IN' SIGNED ME UP FOR (BLEEP)IN WHAT NOW?"

"I'm the (bleep)ing Prince of (bleep)ing darkness. I don't do (bleep)ing variety shows!"

Please fade away and let us enjoy our memories of the Ozzy that was. Please? The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? 352445
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:20 pm

mc666 wrote:
this is probably why Lemmy never got married. he isn't whipped into doing such stunts.

Lemmy would never be that much of a puppet, to anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:30 pm

I'd watch it.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just saw this on Blabbermouth ... and was like, "Oh, PLEASE let this be a hoax story"

OZZY OSBOURNE And Family To Star In New Variety Show - July 7, 2008

Josef Adalian of TVWeek.com reports: The Fox network has won the rights to a new-style variety show that will star Ozzy Osbourne and his brood, to be produced by FremantleMedia North America ("American Idol").

Fox will produce at least six episodes of the show. Fox Alternative Entertainment President Mike Darnell said he is mulling launching the franchise with a Christmas special; the series likely will premiere in late winter or spring 2009 and could be paired with "American Idol".

The show's working title is "The Osbournes: Loud and Dangerous", though Mr. Darnell said he might go retro with a name such as "The Osbournes' Super-Terrific Happy Hour" (an homage to a "Seinfeld" episode).

Osbourne, wife Sharon and offspring Jack and Kelly all will participate in the show, which will resemble modern-day European variety shows that mix elements of competition, stunts and performances.

I heard on the radio that it would be sketch oriented, along the lines of the Sonny & Cher show. I didn't mind their show on MTV, but I can't see this working out. If the show was a combination of competition, stunts, and performances, then that would still probably be bad, but if it's sketch oriented, then it spells disaster. I wonder who their guests might be on the show???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Osbournes" Variety Show??   The "Osbournes" Variety Show?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Osbournes" Variety Show??
Page 1 of 1