Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Show your HAATTTTEEEE

Go down 
+4
exact33
adrian
bassman
Alex Dee Rokket
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Show your HAATTTTEEEE Empty
PostSubject: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:40 am

Criminally underrated thrash band.

This song almost borders on death metal at times.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:47 am

That's not bad at all, production is even good, which is not always the case with thrash. Good riffs, too and I can hear those death metal influences you mentioned. I've been listening to more thrash lately after years of focusing on power/prog metal. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:20 am

Artillery is one of the best or at least the better of the 80s underrated thrash bands.

Unlike their other European counterparts (Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Tankard, Holy Moses etc.) they don't have a high volume of releases. They've only released 5 albums. That is mostly as a result of the lengthy hiatuses between albums particularly in the 90s and 00s.

The song I showed you comes from their first full-length album: Fear of Tomorrow. While not quite as refined as their later releases, it has some vicious sounding riffs and the songs just make you want to go into a thrash frenzy.

My favorites however are Terror Squad and By Inheritance. The riffs and song structure on Terror Squad reminds me at times of Overkill circa Under the Influence / Years of Decay. By Inheritance however came left-field. They play a technical almost prog sounding style at times on that album though it is is still a thrash metal album just very different sounding from the first two.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:26 am

One band I sadly don't yet own a single album of. I should change that headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Artillery is one of the best or at least the better of the 80s underrated thrash bands.

Unlike their other European counterparts (Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Tankard, Holy Moses etc.) they don't have a high volume of releases. They've only released 5 albums. That is mostly as a result of the lengthy hiatuses between albums particularly in the 90s and 00s.

The song I showed you comes from their first full-length album: Fear of Tomorrow. While not quite as refined as their later releases, it has some vicious sounding riffs and the songs just make you want to go into a thrash frenzy.

My favorites however are Terror Squad and By Inheritance. The riffs and song structure on Terror Squad reminds me at times of Overkill circa Under the Influence / Years of Decay. By Inheritance however came left-field. They play a technical almost prog sounding style at times on that album though it is is still a thrash metal album just very different sounding from the first two.

I am not a huge thrash fan but I really love this band. Great stuff! I also think their newest one is great!

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 pm

You're on an Artillery kick today arent ya? Haha!

Anyway,Terribly underrated band.I dig everything they've done.To me Terror Squad doesnt even sound that dated compared to some of the 80's thrash bands.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:34 pm

I always thought Terror Squad sounded ahead of other albums from its time. Especially those groove-based sounding riffs on some of the songs, those bottom heavy chug-riffs something that wasn't too widely used in thrash at the time.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 pm

I bought "Fear Of Tomorrow" and "Terror Squad" way back in 1988 and "By Inheritance" in 1990 and I played the crap outta them. Great band from a great era of thrash.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Yeah, I dig Artillery. Favorites are probably BY INHERITANCE and TERROR SQUAD, but I like them all. B.A.C.K. is underrated. Killer album.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:27 am

I agree with ya Joe.BACK is a great album!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 am

I got introduced to Artillery through their latest album, which i bought in Poland last summer.

Amazing Thrash.

I'm now planning on getting their older material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show your HAATTTTEEEE   Show your HAATTTTEEEE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show your HAATTTTEEEE
Page 1 of 1