Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boston with Michael Sweet

Go down 
+2
thejokeriv
akeldama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Boston with Michael Sweet Empty
PostSubject: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:08 pm

What are your thoughts? I think he does a great job, I never cared for Delp's voice but he was a good singer. I also read Tom Sholtz rerecorded Peace Of Mind for the new Stryper album. Is that true?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:12 pm

Yes, they did record Peace OF Mind, and you can check it out here:

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/new-stryper-song-on-myspace-t6031.htm

As far as Mikey with Boston, sounds good to me. Its good for Michael to do this. I'm sure he can use the money with his wife being sick.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:36 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Yes, they did record Peace OF Mind, and you can check it out here:

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/new-stryper-song-on-myspace-t6031.htm

As far as Mikey with Boston, sounds good to me. Its good for Michael to do this. I'm sure he can use the money with his wife being sick.

I posted links to MS singing with Boston on that thread
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Thx for the link, it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:37 pm

Just saw them here in No. Calif. this past week end and it was great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:50 am

He's alright, but doesn't really fit in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:05 pm

very cool link...thanks for that
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:43 pm

I'm not a huge Boston fan, I only own the first two albums, but from the little I've heard of them together, I think he does a fine job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 pm

Boston gets Sweet new start with Stryper singer

Boston with Michael Sweet 51a9060742_31bost1

Christopher John Treacy By Christopher John Treacy
Thursday, July 31, 2008 - Updated 1h ago
Christopher John Treacy is an arts and entertainment writer for the Boston Herald.

In the wake of last year’s suicide of Brad Delp, beloved singer and co-founder of the band Boston, things looked bleak for the storied group, whose 1976 self-titled album remains rock’s best-selling debut ever with more than 17 million copies sold.

Last Aug. 19, musicians, fans and well-wishers gathered at the Bank of America Pavilion for what was understood to be Boston’s last performance, organized in Delp’s honor. Among them was Michael Sweet, longtime fan and leader of the Grammy-nominated Christian metal outfit, Stryper.

Now Boston, - including founder Tom Scholz, 61, is back on the road this summer, packing venues across the country including a hometown show at Mansfield’s Comcast Center on Sunday. Vocal duties are being split between Sweet and fellow newbie Tommy DeCarlo, a die-hard fan and Home Depot credit manager who hit the jackpot with his audition.

We caught up with Sweet recently, and got the lowdown on the tour.

Herald: How did this tour come about?

Sweet: The rehearsals and ensuing show last August came off so well, afterwards Tom asked me if I would consider singing with the band were they ever to tour again. But I was floored at how quickly it came together. Boston’s known for long breaks between projects, so when I got the call six months later I couldn’t believe it.

Why the sudden change of heart?

All I can say is that a lot of healing took place at that tribute concert last year. Tom was deeply saddened by losing Brad, but you could tell he also experienced a great deal of joy getting together with other people and celebrating the music left behind.

Does being part of Boston compromise your faith at all? Are you channeling your inner bad boy?

I haven’t felt that yet, no. Believe it or not, Boston isn’t your typical rock scene with groupies, girls and drugs backstage. We’ve got a vegetarian chef, and lifestyle-wise it’s as normal and boring as it gets.

Is it daunting, walking into a situation like this with an established audience that’s bound to be opinionated about a new member?

It does feel odd, but not in a negative way. I’ve been a fan from the beginning, but my roots are so different - Stryper comes from the flashy ’80s borderline metal scene, big hair and all that. I perform differently than Boston does. I run around onstage and put a lot of energy into the showmanship, sometimes I worry that it’s too much. But I’m truly blessed with this opportunity, and the fan reactions to my stage presence has been overwhelmingly positive, so I must be doing something right.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:32 pm

Mike Sweet wrote:
Stryper comes from the flashy ’80s borderline metal scene

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 pm

He can't win. If claims he is 100 percent metal, than half the metal population will rag on him. I think what he is saying isn't even his opinion. I believe he thinks that's what others say about him. Which they do. many people will argua if they're metal or not.

I, however am not one of those people.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:01 am

when I first heard that Michael Sweet was replacing Brad Delph in Boston, I thought you have to be kidding, than it made sense, they aren't many singers that can sing in Brad Delph's range and Sweet is one of the few that can. When Boston tired replacing Delph on previous Boston recordings I thought the results were generic, it will be interesting to see if this line up makes it beyond the touring stages since both Tom Scholz and Michael Sweet are both the leaders and creative forces on their respective bands.
The question whether being in Boston would compromise his faith, shows the interviewer never read a Boston lyric sheet, he is joining Boston not Venom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boston with Michael Sweet   Boston with Michael Sweet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boston with Michael Sweet
Page 1 of 1