Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)

Go down 
+7
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
manny
Troublezone
Metallic Blaze
exact33
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 pm

I didn't know he was still singing with them. Or maybe he wasn't. But he's "officially" left the band Boston to focus on Stryper. No big surprise there I suppose...

Quote :
STRYPER frontman and accomplished solo artist Michael Sweet announced his departure from legendary rock band BOSTON today in order to devote his full attention to his longstanding role as the lead vocalist and lead guitarist for rock outfit STRYPER — a band he co-founded in 1983. Sweet joined BOSTON in 2008, sharing lead vocals and playing guitar on a headlining tour of North America, performing the band's classic hits like "More than a Feeling", "Peace of Mind", "Amanda" and "Don't Look Back".

Following the BOSTON tour, STRYPER released the 2009 studio album, "Murder by Pride" (featuring a cover of BOSTON's "Peace of Mind"), which led to a yearlong world tour with all of the original members. In 2010, STRYPER released "The Covering", and another world tour recently concluded. STRYPER is currently in the studio working on an untitled release for 2011, with tour dates already announced for this fall.

"My focus and my loyalty lies with STRYPER, the band that I've committed almost thirty years of my life to," says Sweet. "The guys in STRYPER are my brothers and I'm excited about our future together. The music of BOSTON helped shape who I am as an artist, and the opportunity to be a part of their musical legacy is overwhelming. It's been an honor to share the stage with them, and a bigger honor to call them my friends."

In addition to the increasing demands for STRYPER, Sweet has been spending some of his time off the road in Nashville, writing with A-list songwriters such as Blair Daly (RASCAL FLATTS, UNCLE KRACKER, LYNYRD SKYNYRD), Luke Laird (CARRIE UNDERWOOD, BLAKE SHELTON, TIM MCGRAW), Britton Cameron (STEEL MAGNOLIA, LONESTAR, EDEN'S EDGE) and others.

"I've always loved the writing process and to be able to collaborate with some of the greatest writers in Nashville is an absolutely amazing experience for me," explains Sweet. "I'm looking forward to many more successful trips to Music City."

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:57 pm

He fit in well with Boston - I have a concert of him singing for them and he was great!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Did he ever record an album with Boston? I was unaware if so. I'd like to hear that.

Anyway ... Stryper is his first priority and since they are 'somewhat' taking off again - he must put first things first.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:59 pm

nope - but he did some touring with them.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Quote :

Did he ever record an album with Boston? I was unaware if so. I'd like to hear that.

No, but it's possible that they could put out a live record from the shows he did with them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:05 am

I am not surprised he left, the way Boston work, their next CD should be out by 2025
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:31 am

manny wrote:
I am not surprised he left, the way Boston work, their next CD should be out by 2025

Yeah, me too - I was hoping he would stick around! I guess Stryper figured out how to make money off touring
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

No, but it's possible that they could put out a live record from the shows he did with them.

I hope they do. He did such a great job with Peace Of Mind, I'd love to hear him do more.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 12:37 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I hope they do. He did such a great job with Peace Of Mind, I'd love to hear him do more.

If Boston ever release a live album I am sure it will a classic recording with Brad Delph and not one with Michael Sweet and the Home Depot guy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:32 pm

manny wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

If Boston ever release a live album I am sure it will a classic recording with Brad Delph and not one with Michael Sweet and the Home Depot guy

true but Michael did fit in well with their music..

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Quote :
"My focus and my loyalty lies with STRYPER, the band that I've committed almost thirty years of my life to," says Sweet

LIE right there. Stryper were broken up for awhile. I remember when they were selling all their stuff when they broke up too. No way he was concentrating on Stryper when there wasn't one.

He did fit Boston though. Surprised he left.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :
"My focus and my loyalty lies with STRYPER, the band that I've committed almost thirty years of my life to," says Sweet

LIE right there. Stryper were broken up for awhile. I remember when they were selling all their stuff when they broke up too. No way he was concentrating on Stryper when there wasn't one.

"the band that I've committed almost thirty years of my life to," says Sweet...except for when I told everyone that God led me away from Stryper and I made my own records for 10 years and they floundered on without me....other than that, I was 100% dedicated.

lol!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

"the band that I've committed almost thirty years of my life to," says Sweet...except for when I told everyone that God led me away from Stryper and I made my own records for 10 years and they floundered on without me....other than that, I was 100% dedicated.

lol!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

lol!

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Now THIS is just weird:

Brad Delp (RIP)
Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Brad%20delp

Tommy DeCarlo (now)
Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Fake

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Now THIS is just weird:

Brad Delp (RIP)
Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Brad%20delp

Tommy DeCarlo (now)
Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Fake

Yeah...... I see what you mean
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am

So, Tom Sholz of Boston had these images removed from MelodicRock.com's thread on the subject...he also had them removed from a Boston fan-site and a thread deleted. Seems he's a bit touchy...

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)   Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet Departs From Boston (the band, not the city)
Page 1 of 1