Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)

Go down 
+10
the sentinel
Thrasher73
mikeinfla
nevermore
80s Metal Lady
Gilbert
bgsully
ultmetal
James B.
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 7:30 am

Michael Sweet will be releasing a new solo album called One Sided War thru Rat Pak Records on August 29th.

Hype video:

info from Blabbermouth:

STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet will release his seventh solo album, "One Sided War", on August 26 via Rat Pak Records. Backing Michael on the record are WHITESNAKE guitarist Joel Hoekstra, EVANESCENCE drummer Will Hunt, bassist John O'Boyle and East Coast shred-master Ethan Brosh.

"One Sided War" showcases a full plate of hard rock and classic metal riffs that Michael Sweet has come to be known for throughout his illustrious musical career.

"Musically, it's my heaviest solo album," Sweet said. "It's not thrash metal but there are definitely some songs on there that will pop out at you. There are some songs that have a bit of the IRON MAIDEN / DIO feel to them, as well as some songs that have a little bit of a VAN HALEN influence to them. It's a very guitar-oriented, hard rock/metal album with lots of melodies and hooks."

The fast and furious opener "Bizarre" ignites the album's pace with its lightning fast riffage, soaring vocals and blazing guitar solos. Tracks like "Can't Take This Life", "One Sided War", "Golden Age", "I Am" and "Comfort Zone" keep the metal fires ablaze, while songs like "Radio", "One Way" and "You Make Me Wanna" bring the hard rock vibe to the forefront.

"One Sided War" features only one ballad, "Who Am I?", a heartfelt, passionate song that reminds us of the softer side of Michael's talents. Closing out the disc is a bonus track; it's a different version of the song "Can't Take This Life", a duet between Michael and 16-year-old up-and-coming female vocalist Moriah Formica.

The bits in that EPK video sound pretty cool, so I'm in. Michael has definitely been on a roll lately with the last couple of Stryper records and Sweet & Lynch as well, this seems like it will continue that tradition...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 9:47 am

I know one person on the board who won't be buying this. Laughing very hard

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 6:01 pm

I think this sounds pretty good.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 6:13 pm

That DOES sound good!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 pm

This one is mine! love michael's voice.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 2:24 am

Sounds really good. Probably won't purchase any bundles, but I'll definitively check it out on Spotify.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Sounds good!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 4:13 am

Preordered from Amazon!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 6:13 am

Video for first single, "Bizarre"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 9:00 am

cool
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 10:42 pm

Sounds great! I'll be getting this for sure!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 9:51 pm

I'm in. Thanks for the heads up, Keith. Smile
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 1:00 am

This song does rock... but the question I have before I buy it... is how many ballads and pop songs are on this album...?

I've always enjoyed Stryper's rockin stuff.. but the ballads...eh... not so much... If the album has 7-8 tracks like this, I can dig it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:08 am

I think it might have only one ballad. I am currently listening to the Mitch Lafon podcast and they talk about each and every new song (but they don't play any). I'm the same way, I love Michael and Stryper but do not like ANY of the ballads.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 5:12 am

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 7:58 am

I don't care much at all for any of the 80's ballads with a few small exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 8:56 am

The only Stryper ballad from back in the day that has aged well at all is "Lady" from ATL. The rest have held up about as well as milk on a hot driveway.

Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 12:42 am

Really looking forward to this one myself, we have it up for pre order at Christian Metal Distro as well

http://christianmetaldistro.storenvy.com/products/17425565-michael-sweet-one-sided-war-2016
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:11 am

Ha! I think this video is hilarious. Around 2:55 Robert and Oz cameo.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 1:05 pm

This came out on Friday, right? I wonder what the odds would be of them having it at my local Best Buy? (scratches chin thoughtfully) I gotta stop in the Wal-Mart next door to it on my way home from work tonight anyway, can't hurt to take a quick look.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This came out on Friday, right? I wonder what the odds would be of them having it at my local Best Buy? (scratches chin thoughtfully) I gotta stop in the Wal-Mart next door to it on my way home from work tonight anyway, can't hurt to take a quick look.

I pretty much decided that Best Buy or Walmart would be a waste of time so I ordered from Amazon and it arrived on Friday. Pretty solid release, not really a bad track on it. My only complaint is it is recorded too hot but most modern productions are.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 2:59 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

I pretty much decided that Best Buy or Walmart would be a waste of time so I ordered from Amazon and it arrived on Friday. Pretty solid release, not really a bad track on it. My only complaint is it is recorded too hot but most modern productions are.

Yeah, deep down I know I'm most likely gonna be wasting my time, but if I'm gonna be in the neighborhood anyway I might as well take the shot.

I got the new Anthrax and Metal Church discs at this particular Best Buy store over the past few months, tho, so I figure there's a 50/50 chance that they might actually have Sweet's CD in stock. We shall see...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:37 pm

Quote :
Yeah, deep down I know I'm most likely gonna be wasting my time, but if I'm gonna be in the neighborhood anyway I might as well take the shot.

Well, that wasn't exactly a surprise. No Michael Sweet disc @ Best Buy but the trip wasn't a total loss - while in Wal-Mart to pick up the back to school stuff my wife had ordered online, I snagged Black Sabbath's Sabotage for $7. :cheese:

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:54 pm

That's a good pickup, FF. I might take a ride to the mall in the morn w/ my daughter so I will be on the hunt for this one.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 6:52 am

Since I didn't make it to the mall yesterday I just bought a gently used copy of the bay for $8. Should be here in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)   Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet - One Sided War (2016)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next