Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone here a wrestling fan?

Go down 
+17
A Handful of Wayne
Mortuary
ThrashedOutCobra33
Sword Of The Heretic
jstate
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
spiritoradio
Leatherface
Thrasher73
MoonChild
DallasBlack
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone here a wrestling fan?   Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:19 am

saw some of the starcade one, I like the fact that a lot of wrestling is based on story lines like a movie, instead of two or more guys beating the smurf poo out of each other( not to say I don't enjoy that as well).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here a wrestling fan?   Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:25 am

sam wrote:
saw some of the starcade one, I like the fact that a lot of wrestling is based on story lines like a movie, instead of two or more guys beating the smurf poo out of each other( not to say I don't enjoy that as well).

A good balance of both is what's needed. Before Rock n' Wrestling came along the storylines were as good as the action. During the 80s the storylines were much better than the action. In the later 90s it got back to a good balance of both. Today the action is much better than the storylines. I only watch these days because I've invested so much time in it I can't give it up but they need to work better on the storylines (like they did with the HBK ones).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here a wrestling fan?   Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:33 pm

I don't get into wrestling that much anymore. I kind of more or less dropped any interest when the W.W.E bought W.C.W and E.C.W. I think this has really hurt the industry. I liked the healthy competition between those various wrestling conglomerates. I enjoyed the bad mouthing between the factions. This seemed to really take off when Kevin Nash and Scott Hall came over and formed the N.W.O. That whole thing really renewed my interest in wrestling.

The first match I ever went to was in the summer of either 1984 or 1985. I remember going with my best friend at the time Todd Winger. We were within the first 10 rows that night. The featured match was Mike Rotundo & Barry Windham (who were the tag team champs) against the Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff. It was great as a 14 year old flipping off Nikolai Volkoff & the Sheik, as they waved the Iranian and Soviet flag around.

I also remember J.Y.D. being on the card. The Macho Man was also on the card (pre-Elizabeth), Leaping Lanny Poffo (pre-poetry reading), George "The Animal" Steel, The Killer Bees, "Cowboy" Bob Orton, Gregg "The Hammer" Valentine, and I think Tito Santana. I want to say Rickey "The Dragon" Steamboat was also there.

The funny thing about seeing this event was that it was right before the boom that took place. I had seen another W.W.F. event the following year, and it was no longer at the Convention Center. It was at Market Square Arena, and we were in the nosebleeds. I do remember seeing The British Bulldogs that night against if memory serves me correct, Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here a wrestling fan?   Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:21 pm

To anybody who watched wrestling during the WWF vs. WCW years, here is some footage of Rowdy Roddy Piper at a TNA show shooting on Vince Russso for screwing up wrestling. This was not a script, this was an actual confrontation and Piper more or less humiliates Russo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K72ve0_9ids&feature=related
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here a wrestling fan?   Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Oh, in the above post. What happened is Russo invited Piper to come to TNA to give a piece of his mind. What you saw up there was the unintended result. Russo's plan backfired and what you saw was the result. Never give Piper a chance to speak his mind unless your're prepared to face the consequneces.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here a wrestling fan?   Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:53 pm

So I was doing some spring cleaning and came across some of my wrestling memorabilia from back in the 80's. Kind of glad I hung onto this stuff all these years.

[img]Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 100_1859[/img]

This is a poster I got for the Saturday Night's Main Event taping just after Wrestlemania 3. I was visiting my grandparents at the time and it was probably my favorite live event I ever attended. The poster was from a cool record store called Nightwinds. I also went to two other SNME tapings which were not that great. One at the Capital Centre in Dec. 87- if you watch closely you can see a young jstate in the second row. If you have a tape of it watch after Hacksaw Duggan hits Andre with the 2X4 and leaves the ring. He smashes it against the ring apron and it goes flying into the crowd barely missing this little girl. I'm just to the right of this. The other taping was in Baltimore in 88. It wasn't much fun since it was a school night, our seats were bad, the show wasn't much and long, and the friend who agreed to take us had a nervous breakdown on the ride home because we got lost.

On the poster Hogan's mystery partner ended up being a returning Ken Patera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here a wrestling fan?   Anyone here a wrestling fan? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone here a wrestling fan?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3