Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pro Wrestling

Go down 
+11
the sentinel
EvyMetal
scottmitchell74
Addy
mc666
Hamer12
spiritoradio
T-Roy
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:54 pm

O.K. I can't possibly be the only wrestling fan here, or am I? Ever since the 80s wrestling has been associated with hard rock and heavy metal. 80% of wrestlers back then had mullets or long hair. Think of some of the wrestlers themselves: Demoliton, Legion Of Doom (Road Warriors), the Rockers, Rock & Roll Express, and the Undertaker. The majority of wrestlers back then and now have heavy music for their entrances. Also look at Chris Jericho and Fozzy or Triple H having Motorhead do his theme songs. So are there (past or present, doesn't matter)?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:02 pm

I really got on a wrestling kick a few years back when the Rock and Stone Cold were big in it.But now I never watch it.
I also liked it when I was a kid.Watching people like Jerry Lawler,Bill Dundee,the Moondogs,Steve Kern and Stan Lane.Oh them were the days
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:10 pm

Yes, you possibly can be and hopefully ARE the only fan here!!!! lol!

........CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Wrestling Hulk-Hogan-pastamania-712484Pro Wrestling AAA-75161

What's not to love?!

Last edited by on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Rowdy Roddy Piper RULED!!!!!

AND THE MACHO MAN!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:08 pm

I liked it in the 80's and early 90's. But to this day Ric Flair is an idol of mine. If you can read you should read his biography "To Be The Man". It is the only book I have ever read in one sitting.

Now what does that say about me? Smile WHOO!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:39 am

I love '70s, '80s and '90s wrestling!!! I have this WWE 24/7 channel on my cable box, where I can watch a bunch of old wrestling from that era. It's is awesome. Wrestling rules.

spectrefate wrote:
If you can read you should read his biography "To Be The Man". It is the only book I have ever read in one sitting.

Now what does that say about me? Smile WHOO!

I've had that book for a while but haven't read it yet, but I think you just kicked me in the butt enough to actually start. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:50 am

T-Roy wrote:
Yes, you possibly can be and hopefully ARE the only fan here!!!! lol!

........CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Wrestling Hulk-Hogan-pastamania-712484Pro Wrestling AAA-75161

What's not to love?!

I have NEVER liked Hogan. NNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRRR!!!!!! That kind of crap where they hit kick and slam has always kind of bored me. I prefer high flyiers, techincal wrestlers, and great athletisism over steroid freaks who only know 3 moves.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:13 pm

[quote="DallasBlack"]
T-Roy wrote:

I have NEVER liked Hogan. NNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRRR!!!!!!
uh, that's BLASPHEMY! fainting
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:59 pm

[quote="T-Roy"]
DallasBlack wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

I have NEVER liked Hogan. NNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRRR!!!!!!
uh, that's BLASPHEMY! fainting

I know it is. However, I've always been one to go with what I like the most and ignore what the masses say is good. I guess that is why I am a metal head.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:13 pm

Love wrestling ever since my grandpa used take me to Irish McNeils to watch Mid South Wrestling when I was I kid. I finally made the pilgrimage 1500 miles to Detroit to see Wrestlemania this year & it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:57 am

i grew up watching wrestling with Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, etc... but then i grew up.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 9:47 am

I don't know how adults can seriously be fans of pro wrestling.....just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 10:44 am

T-Roy wrote:
I don't know how adults can seriously be fans of pro wrestling.....just don't get it.

Niether do I! Don't ask me why I do, I really do not know the answer. Perhaps it is just a way to escape the dull drudge of real life or maybe because I'm easily amused, or the fact that since I find real sports boring (i.e. football, baseball, basketball, et.) I need something to filll the void that leaves.

mc666 wrote:
i grew up watching wrestling with Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, etc... but then i grew up.

First thing, who says you have to grow up (my dad is 61 and he will still watch bugs bunny cartoons and the like). There is absolutly nothing wrong with liking some of the things you liked as a child. Just because you mature and start having more responsiblity does not mean you have to become a super serious fuddy duddy. Second of all, just because you think something is childish and stupid doesn't automatically make it so. I may like things like wrestling, fantasy, and cartoons but don't automatically asume that I am not grown up. For me maturity is something I like to adjust to my moods. I can be serious when need be but sometimes I just like to have fun Very Happy (because lets face it, real life sucks sometimes).
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 12:01 pm

Sting.......

Triple H.......

my all time 2 favs

Runners up

Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Batista
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 12:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

First thing, who says you have to grow up (my dad is 61 and he will still watch bugs bunny cartoons and the like). There is absolutly nothing wrong with liking some of the things you liked as a child. Just because you mature and start having more responsiblity does not mean you have to become a super serious fuddy duddy. Second of all, just because you think something is childish and stupid doesn't automatically make it so. I may like things like wrestling, fantasy, and cartoons but don't automatically asume that I am not grown up. For me maturity is something I like to adjust to my moods. I can be serious when need be but sometimes I just like to have fun Very Happy (because lets face it, real life sucks sometimes).

I agree wholeheartedly. While I don't still watch wrestling, life without what some call "childish" things would make life quite the arduous journey. I choose not to live in an ivory tower. I'm down in the courtyard playing stickball.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 12:09 pm

Addy wrote:
Sting.......

Triple H.......

my all time 2 favs

Runners up

Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Batista

My top 10 are Undertaker (all time favorite), Chris Jericho, Eddie Guererro, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Big Boss Man, Sting, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Chris Benoit used to be right up there almost past the Undertaker but... you know.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 12:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

mc666 wrote:
Second of all, just because you think something is childish and stupid doesn't automatically make it so. I may like things like wrestling, fantasy, and cartoons but don't automatically asume that I am not grown up. For me maturity is something I like to adjust to my moods. I can be serious when need be but sometimes I just like to have fun Very Happy (because lets face it, real life sucks sometimes).
you are simply putting words in my mouth. for one thing, i never called it "stupid", nor did i make out like there was something childish about it. i simply grew out of it. secondly, i did not assume anything about you. quite frankly, i don't give a crap about your likes, or your dislikes. i was referring only to myself in my comment. you asked for comments from fans, be they past or present. that's what i gave you.

lastly, my real life is wonderful. Cool

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 1:05 pm

As a wee lad I loved Mr. USA, Tony Atlas...to the point that I sat their watching with a flag in my hand. I also enjoyed "Super Fly" Snooka (sp?), The Iron Shiek, Abdullah the Butcher, The Junk Yard Dog and a few others.....however by 9-10 I lost interest when I realized it was fake....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 1:25 pm

mc666 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

mc666 wrote:
Second of all, just because you think something is childish and stupid doesn't automatically make it so. I may like things like wrestling, fantasy, and cartoons but don't automatically asume that I am not grown up. For me maturity is something I like to adjust to my moods. I can be serious when need be but sometimes I just like to have fun Very Happy (because lets face it, real life sucks sometimes).
you are simply putting words in my mouth. for one thing, i never called it "stupid", nor did i make out like there was something childish about it. i simply grew out of it. secondly, i did not assume anything about you. quite frankly, i don't give a crap about your likes, or your dislikes. i was referring only to myself in my comment. you asked for comments from fans, be they past or present. that's what i gave you.

lastly, my real life is wonderful. Cool

Sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth. It's just the way you wrote it made it sound like you were saying wrestling fans need to grow up. Just like you put words in my mouth with the last part (I said life sucks SOMETIMES, not all the time). There was no emotions on display when you wrote it so I couldn't tell you were talking about yourself and not others.
Happy
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 4:36 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Why do people watch soap operas? All wrestling is is a soap opera for people that like sports and fighting. And I love it. I'm not afraid to say it. It makes me feel like a kid and there is nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:30 am

No love for pro-wrestling here but at least I have one plus millions of others with me. Among those, I forgot when making the connection of metal and pro wrestling, is the legendary Alice Cooper who even appeared at a Wrestlemania. What reminded me of this was, while I was listening to Eyes Of Alice Cooper, was his song Backyard Brawl. Great song for wrestling and hard rock.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 4:50 pm

i actually subscribed to WWF magazine when i was younger
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:30 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
i actually subscribed to WWF magazine when i was younger

Me too! My elementary school also had a subscription that we could read during Library time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 12:44 pm

I was a huge Jesse "The Body" Ventura fan myself
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:09 pm

I get back into it for a year or so and then don't watch for another 2-3 years and the cycle repeats itself. And the world keeps spinning and ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pro Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling   Pro Wrestling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro Wrestling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next