Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away

Go down 
+6
akeldama
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
DallasBlack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Empty
PostSubject: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:13 am

This time not a higly known guy but a legend of Texas independent wrestling, General Skandor Akbar.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/legendary-general-skandor-akbar-passes-away-at-age-75-109829

I remember watching him and his group Devastation Inc. in my ealy wrestling years. I still miss the Sportatorium and wish I could have attended an event there before Mr. McMahon took it and buried it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:22 am

I remember him. Great heel manager.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:09 pm

I remember him (mostly from wrestling magazines) but I don't know if I've ever actually seen him perform. I guess he was sort of out of my market area during his career
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Jeeez I thought this was going to be another wwe wrestler. Its been a while now. I think they are about due for someone else to go, aren't they? Actually I'm only kidding but I'm still surprised. Maybe they are getting more serious about the drugs within the business since Chris Benoit.

Never heard of this guy and I was a huge wrestling fan. Maybe if I saw a picture I would know.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:59 pm

An ex-WWE wrestler did die recently. Lance Cade. He was 29.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:45 pm

really? huh... never heard of him either. I'm really out of it wrestling wise I guess.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Cade teamed with Dick Murdoch's son Trevor. That's probably his most notable program in WWE. Cade was the "sophisticated" one, Murdoch was the redneck much like his father.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Didn't he "wrastle" against One Man Gang way back in the day ?

anyways...RIP

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Yeah I read about both deaths the day they happened at prowrestlingscoops.com, great site.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:37 am

RIP. "Nightmare" Ted Allen, another veteran wrestler, died this week too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Wow, I had no idea this dude was still alive. I remember him very well. Don't really remember Lance Cade, as I'm sure by the time he was in the ring I had tuned out wrestling. I still watch it every now in then, but it doesn't keep my interest like it used to.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:09 pm

I loved to hate Devastation Inc. One of my favorite things was when they feuded with the Freebirds. It was like the two groups had destroyed all the good guys so now they had to fight each other to decide who would rule the UWF. Man did I love me some 80's wrestling.

The General always seemed like the meanest guy alive. I knew what pro wrestling was, but damned if he didn't seem legit. Of course I'm sure in reality he was probably the nicest guy.

RIP General Akbar

Quote :
I still miss the Sportatorium

I so wanted to take our family vacations to Dallas just so I could go to the Sportatorium and see World Class wrestling. Make sure you check out Legends Of World Class, it's a great documentary that has Kevin Von Erich going through the place before they demolish it.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:39 pm

I use to watch Akbar all the time he even came in the store I use to work at looking for a Christmas present for one of his kids and I got to talk to him a little..RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away   Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Wrestling Legend Passes Away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: