Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?

Go down 
+20
akeldama
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
jstate
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
Fat Freddy
brontotex
Shiney
kmorg
mc666
rattpoison
Required Fields
TrogDawn
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Troublezone
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:39 am

i still want one sometimes espcially at work
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:40 am

Any of you cigar likers smoke an Opus X? Probably one of the more expensive kind. Come around at $200. But sooooo smooth. And tasty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:05 am

mc666 wrote:
i smoked for 10 years, & quit cold turkey 5 years ago. hardest thing i ever did. best decision i ever made.

I smoked for 15 years, & quit cold turkey 4 years ago.

I miss smoking pretty badly, though. It comes and goes.

I get a package from Sax and the urges come back all over again. Razz
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:04 am

spectrefate wrote:

I get a package from Sax and the urges come back all over again. Razz

No Doubt lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Any of you cigar likers smoke an Opus X? Probably one of the more expensive kind. Come around at $200. But sooooo smooth. And tasty.

You realize that selling drugs is illegal and you will probably go to jail, right?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:07 am

When I was 14 or 15, me and a buddy were going to the park to hit some baseballs when we found an unopened pack of menthol cigarettes (Salems I think). We took 'em to the park and the 2 of us smoked the whole pack. It made me so ill, I never wanted to try them again. Over the years, the only time I smoked was when I was doing my classic Andrew "Dice" Clay impression, much to the delight of my buddies, but it never caught on as a habit.

Every once in a blue moon, I puff on a stogie and I enjoy it at the time, but I always regret it the next morning when I wake up and my mouth tastes like I was tossing the salad of a hobo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tossing the salad of a hobo.

Hauntingly poetic. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Quote :
I get a package from Sax and the urges come back all over again

Some of my ebay customers have complained about that, too. I just say, "Bite me". You non-smokers have made us smokers lives hell. So I could give a rip if your cds smell a little. Go get some Febreeze and deal with it.

Btw, I have quit smoking 1000's of times. It's easy, as long as I can have a smoke when I wake up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:10 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Btw, I have quit smoking 1000's of times. It's easy, as long as I can have a smoke when I wake up.

Aint that the truth.

I like the smokey packages, btw. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Aint that the truth.

I like the smokey packages, btw. Smile

I've never noticed that before, but I'll be sure to make a note of it next time and complain.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:15 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

Some of my ebay customers have complained about that, too. I just say, "Bite me". You non-smokers have made us smokers lives hell. So I could give a rip if your cds smell a little. Go get some Febreeze and deal with it.

If thats all I had to complain about my life would be a cake walk. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:16 pm

Congrats on 10 years!

I've never even tried a ciggy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:19 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

I've gotten numerous packages from Saxon and I've never noticed a cigarette odor.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:49 pm

Quote :
I've gotten numerous packages from Saxon and I've never noticed a cigarette odor.
You live in Jersey. You are immune to noxious odors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Order something from Open Grave Records and you'll immediately get cancer when you open the package. A cigarette odor is one thing, but that Open Grave smell might be literal. I think it's stale smoke and dead body. Next time I ship a CD to a smoker, I'm going to swipe the CD down my buttcrack like a credit card. See how they like it (Saxon!). Haha!

Actually, Sax's stuff has never smelled for me, either, and I'd definitely notice it if it did.

By the way, my co-worker just started smoking again after a year of not smoking. What a dick! I say this because it's summer, and with all the late afternoon thunderstorms, we get frickin' slammed with calls about sites losing power. I think he started smoking again so he can take ten breaks a night. I swear! There have been times where he'll take a 15-minute smoke break (he reads out there, too), come back in, sit down and take one two-minute call, and then go and take another smoke break. Lame.

I'm not a smoker, not a fan of smoking, but I'm not against other people smoking. I am, however, against smokers getting two hours of extra break time a shift. That's a load of horsepoop!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:21 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
You live in Jersey. You are immune to noxious odors.

Good point.
That Jersey air is great for the complexion too!!

Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Toxic_avenger_3_a

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:36 pm

i've quit twice cold turkey and never want to smoke again
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:39 am

We're actually debating the smell of Saxon's pakcages!! This is too funny!! lol!

BTW: I've smelled it too, and it walways leaves a light-hearted smile on my face.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
Order something from Open Grave Records and you'll immediately get cancer when you open the package. A cigarette odor is one thing, but that Open Grave smell might be literal. I think it's stale smoke and dead body. Next time I ship a CD to a smoker, I'm going to swipe the CD down my buttcrack like a credit card. See how they like it (Saxon!). Haha!

Actually, Sax's stuff has never smelled for me, either, and I'd definitely notice it if it did.

By the way, my co-worker just started smoking again after a year of not smoking. What a dick! I say this because it's summer, and with all the late afternoon thunderstorms, we get frickin' slammed with calls about sites losing power. I think he started smoking again so he can take ten breaks a night. I swear! There have been times where he'll take a 15-minute smoke break (he reads out there, too), come back in, sit down and take one two-minute call, and then go and take another smoke break. Lame.

I'm not a smoker, not a fan of smoking, but I'm not against other people smoking. I am, however, against smokers getting two hours of extra break time a shift. That's a load of horsepoop!

Here i am trying to be quiet and Eyesore says something hilarious angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:24 pm

I agree with Eyesore to a point there, but he's on message boards while he's at work, isn't that like one constant break?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:46 pm

i had a pileofsticks the other day
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 11:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

I've noticed it sometimes, but its not that bad. I just quit smoking again recently, it sucks, but its worth it I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:01 pm

DC, where you been?
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:05 pm

My girlfriend smokes about a pack a day or so... It drives me crazy. I used to smoke too, but somehow, I was never addicted. I just quit. Any advice on quitting, or does it just suck all the way around?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Quote :
Any advice on quitting, or does it just suck all the way around?

It sucks. I almost got fired from my job. I was very hard to be around for a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next