Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?

Go down 
+20
akeldama
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
jstate
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
Fat Freddy
brontotex
Shiney
kmorg
mc666
rattpoison
Required Fields
TrogDawn
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Troublezone
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Empty
PostSubject: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 4:52 pm

It's been almost 10 yesr for me. I didn't smoke one for the first 5 years, but have tried twice in the last couple years to smoke one, and couldn't get through 2 drags. I'm a hater now.

I never used a patch, gum or anything but good old willpower. I was a mess to be around for a couple weeks, but I eventually got over it. I would just think how much I could brag about it, if I really did quit. It worked for me. I've gained weight over the years, but do take it off eventually. It just keeps coming back. I am definitely better for quiting thoufg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:01 pm

I will never smoke. So I'll never need to stop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:05 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:

That's awesome to hear, bro. Just so you know, the world was much different when I was your age. They didn't have all the T.R.U.T.H. commercials, tobacco ads were everywhere, and so was smoking. You could smoke anywhere, even a plane. It was the cool thing to do, and now it's looked down upon. Any kid who smokes now, is just not really bright.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:06 pm

I've tried them and never got into it, thank God!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:10 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

That's awesome to hear, bro. Just so you know, the world was much different when I was your age. They didn't have all the T.R.U.T.H. commercials, tobacco ads were everywhere, and so was smoking. You could smoke anywhere, even a plane. It was the cool thing to do, and now it's looked down upon. Any kid who smokes now, is just not really bright.

Yeah, actually almost every kids of my age think that smokinmg is really bad. There's one of our friends that started smoking this year and we doesn't stop telling him stop. But if it's what he want we can't do anything. My grandmother died of a general cancer because she was smoking something like 20 years ago. She also had one while she was smoking. My mother had one not because she was smoking but I know a little bit what it look like to have a cancer. So...You'll never see me smoking.

I often watch T.V. when they are talking about all the law about smoking. People are just too ridiculous with those. Nobody respects them and the cops are doing nothing for it. Aren't people under 18 years old not suposed to smoke (In my contry tought)?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:50 pm

I quit 4 and a half years ago. But I've gone as long as 5 years without smoking and eventually fell back. The difference is this time, I haven't been tempted at all.

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:52 pm

You never got to the point where you hated them?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:39 pm

I used to smaoke for around 3 months when i was about 13 havent smoked since. I have never in my life tried any drugs and only have taken one sip of budweiser and never had any type of alcohol...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:18 pm

the world was much different when I was your age
Yep, you listen to your old Grampa Rich - really knows his ass from his elbow! Wink

I smoked from 17 years old until I was about 20 (up to a pack and a half a day at the most - seeing as how I worked at the Post Office with several old smokestack geezers and that's all there was to do while sorting mail) and figured that I would not still be singing at 40 if I didn't stop. I used good ol' willpower too (wish I still had some of it for some other issues in my life right now), augmented by sunflower seeds for the first week. It took me until I was about 23 to quit them completely, mainly because I was still drinking at the time also and that makes it damn near impossible to stay away from! I enjoyed it while I was doing it, but I've never regretted quitting. Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:20 pm

You never got to the point where you hated them?

I've always hated the smell. Even when I smoked, I always went outside. I'd smoke on my deck at home and outside at work. Never mind what the weather was like.

I hated the way the smell got into my clothes and my hair.

But I still don't hate cigs; they simply are irrelevant to me. I can go outside with a coworker on a smoke break and just shoot the breeze.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:43 pm

I've never smoked, nor do I ever want to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:36 am

I only smoke when i go out/drink.

Although it's harder to nowadays cause of the new smoking bans imposed on clubs and pubs.

You should of seen the quick renovations all the places took to accomadate an open air space for smokers just before the laws came in.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:53 am

i smoked for 10 years, & quit cold turkey 5 years ago. hardest thing i ever did. best decision i ever made.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:11 am

I smoked my first cigarette when i was 7. Didn't know if I should blow or inhale! Laughing I started smoking actively when I was 15 or 16 years. But when I was 20 or 21 I stopped. I had appendix surgery, and the days before the suregery I was in so much pain, I couldn't eat, sit, lay on the bed, drink or anything. Let alone smoke. And since there were no smoking in the hospital, i went nearly 2 weeks without. So when I got out, I just figured why start again? I've smoked 1 or 2 or 5 cigarettes after that, always when drinking, but never had the urge to really start it up again.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:07 am

I never have...never even tried. Same with drugs....
I drank like a wine cooler in high school...maybe a shot or two of JD...and a beer once...thats it for the drinking...

Thank goodness I swear the paint off the wall or i'd live a virtuous vice free existance... lol!

brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:58 am

I quit 12 years ago. Cold Turkey.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:14 am

I haven't smoked in a long time (I dabbled in it when I was in high school) but I was a smokeless tobacco (i.e. "dip") user for a VERY long time... I just gave it up cold turkey about four months ago. I'm hopin' and prayin' that I can make it stick this time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:31 pm

rattpoison wrote:
I only smoke when i go out/drink.

I will only smoke when I go out too. I don't smoke cigarettes though, it's always a cigar for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:32 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I don't smoke cigarettes though, it's always a cigar for me.

Mmmm, cigar. Haven't had one of those in awhile.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
I don't smoke cigarettes though, it's always a cigar for me.

Mmmm, cigar. Haven't had one of those in awhile.

Yeah - mmmmm cigar!!!!!!! I could go for one about now! I have had one in a long time!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:53 pm

My mom smoked when I was a kid. That killed any thought I might have had to start. More than the smell, I couldn't stand the sight of butts in the ashtray. Just something about it that really bothered me. She quit cold turkey after some medical problems and 17 years later is a smoke-free 7 mile daily walker. Though she claims at times she'll still get an urge for a drag.

I think will power is the only way to quit for good. Too many people I know who've tried to quit using gum, the patch, and in one case therapy all seem to view those things as the "cure" and ultimately end up right back at it again.

One thing that always amazes me is how much a carton costs. It's robbery. By quitting there isn't only the health benefit but also all the money saved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:20 am

This board is now:

Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Interdiction_de_fumer_5cmx5_Haute_def_2_Page_1_Image_0001
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:31 pm

I smoke cigars fairly rarely, but I do love a good one. I quit cigs when I was 17.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:55 am

i gave up one year , six months and 23 days ago by using just my willpower
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:22 am

I started smoking when I was about 13 and smoked all through high school.Then I quit for a while then started back.I've been smoke free since my twenties.I still crave them from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?   Who here has ever quit smoking cigs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who here has ever quit smoking cigs?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next