Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?

Go down 
+25
jstate
DeathCult
manny
Leatherface
EvyMetal
arttieTHE1manparty
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
Todd Jaymz
thejokeriv
TH Joe
AchrisK
Troublezone
krokus
Lurideath
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
stepcousin
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 2:12 pm

I like SST front to back, hard for me pick a fav. Has anyone heard or have Six The Hard Way and Freedumb?? Six The Hard Way was the second ep SST released. It contained 2 new punk tunes that were recorded in 1998 as well as unreleased songs and of course 2 live tracks, recorded at a fest in France. 1999's Feedumb I would call a pretty straight forward Punk album, a song or 2 have just a ting of Funk. I love the faster tunes on this cd!!-TJ

PS-Did anyone like the Infectious Grooves stuff??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 5:55 pm

Hey,

I love Suicidal's old stuff (I'm not really into what they do now)

- Free your soul... is probably their weakest effort until today... had bought the cd and sold it coz I was really disappointed by ST.
- Freedumb is one good hardcore punk rock album.
- Still cyco after all these years is a nice one but was it really necessary to release such an album? maybe only for the true Suicyco maniacs! hehe
- Suicidal for life is a bit similar to "The Art of rebellion" - not enough aggressive for me...
- The art of rebellion (not bad, but I think that's when they started to lose that sort of aggressivity they had in their previous releases)
- Lights... camera... (their masterpiece!!!) 🤘
- How will I laugh tomorrow... (their second masterpiece Laughing )
- Controlled by hatred/feel like sh#t (ep) is awesome! I think it was recorded like a live album or in a garage (correct me if I'm wrong). Still have the LP at home by the way. Just like the song, this one will be WAKING THE DEAD !!!
- Join the Army and self titled are great too.

I also liked the first album of Infectious Grooves - the guitar sound was the same as on "Lights Camera..." + a touch of funk.
The track "Therapy" was pretty cool with a special guest for the chorus... OZZY!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 7:34 pm

Love the band. Favorite album is How Will I Laugh Tommorrow but none of their albums have let me down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 10:25 pm

I love Infectious Grooves, as well. I even have a rare
Suicidal/Infectious split cd called "Busload of Freaks". Great
stuff! And if you are a fan of Aladin Sarsippius Sulemanagic
Jackson da Tird, grab "The Great Infectious Cover-up" single. It
has about 20 secret out-takes of Mr. Jackson III just ranting!
Very entertaining, if you are "in the know".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 6:44 am

I think "Feel Like Sh*T" and Light, Camera, Revolution are my favorites.

Waking the Dead is such a great song! though I love the whole album all together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 2:10 pm

Awesome band.
"How can I laugh..." is one of those albums, that everytime I listen to it, I always ask myslef "Why don't I play this more often?".
I always thought they were overlooked and underrated when compared with the 'big 4'.
"Feel like (poop)", "How will I laugh..." "lights.." all stand with anything the 'big 4' did (in my opinion).
As well as the first two Forbidden, Heathen, Atrophy, Xentrix albums--but I digress.
ST=good time moshin'
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 6:57 pm

I'm a little confused. I have "Still Cyco" and "Controlled by Hatred/Feel like Dung" and they both rock. But I believe that "Controlled/Feel" has two versions (a heavy one and a light one) of "How Will I laugh". Was there another album of that title? And what is the"Controlled/Feel" CD? Is it two E.P's combined or an E.P. with a couple of "How Will I Laugh's" added on or what? This is a CD from the early 90's. I've alway really liked it anyway, and for some reason I alway grouped them with Nuke Assault as Metal/ Punk crossovers.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 am

Isn't it about time they put out a new record? I hope it will lean a bit more to the metal and less punk/funk.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Art Of Rebellion is one of my favorite albums of all time.

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/the-art-of-rebellion-t2235.htm?highlight=art+of+rebellion

While I haven't had much of their other albums (I do plan on getting some eventually) I have had a greatest hits CD. Rocky George is one of the best guitar players ever and his solos in AOR are awesome (especially the one for I'll Hate You Better). Trujillo is one of the best bassists ever and I think his talent thus far has been wasted on Metallica. When I was at the Symphony X concert, I was talking with someone on how much St. Anger sucked and he tried to blame it on the new bassist and I had to set him straight. Methinks I will put AOR on today's playlist.

Songs I've liked from them (not including all from AOR):

Institutionalized, I Saw Your Mommy, Join The Army, How Can I Laugh Tomorrow, You Can't Bring Me Down, Send Me Your Money, and Love vs. Loneliness.

I also had and loved Infectious Grooves-Groove Family Cyco and if I ever see it again I will snatch it up faster than you can blink.

You want funky? We got funky!
Who's got funky? We got funky! You said funky
Violent & Funky!
Violent & Funky (4x)

Sticks and stones may break some bones but a .357
gonna blow your damn head off
You take the pen and I'll take the sword, you can write
some smurf poo till I cut your f****n' head off

(Chorus:)
You want funky? We got funky! What kind of funky?
Violent & Funky!
Violent & Funky (4x)

Do unto others as you do unto yourself
'course for me that's damn easy 'cause I hate myself
A penny saved is a penny earned, but a stolen case of
beers gets you a hell of a lot drunker
Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy
and boring
It ain't over till the fat lady sings and the big b***h is
choking on a chunk of salami

(Chorus)

You know it's snapped lika Mutha, you know we're
snappin' lika Mutha

(Chorus)

You know we're snappin' lika Mutha

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:33 pm

Always been an ST fan an dhave all their stugg, including some rare radio promo-only stuff. Love Mike Muir!

ARttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:08 am

I've been thinking about this band, and I keep seeing releases by them at a couple CD stores I frequent. I only have thier self-titled release and the "Still Cyco After All These Years" which is just a re-recording of the first release. Are there any other albums that have that same hardcore/crossover sound? I am too scared to buy any albums in fear that I will be disappointed. Any help?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:40 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I've been thinking about this band, and I keep seeing releases by them at a couple CD stores I frequent. I only have thier self-titled release and the "Still Cyco After All These Years" which is just a re-recording of the first release. Are there any other albums that have that same hardcore/crossover sound? I am too scared to buy any albums in fear that I will be disappointed. Any help?

Yes, "Join the Army" is a crossover classic.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 am

I got the Controlled By Hatred EP SEVERAL months back (didn't own it yet when I made my original post). I'd probably say it's now my second favorite.

Four of the songs on it came from Mike Muir's side project, No Mercy. They were a thrash project when Suicidal had just started tinkering with the crossover sound. Not surprising really that they rerecorded those No Mercy songs for that EP, as Mike Clark had recently joined Suicidal (he was with Muir in No Mercy).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:42 am

There alright. I have thier first album and I saw them open for Megadeth back in '92. Good show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Troublezone wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

Yes, "Join the Army" is a crossover classic.

Is that all?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Lights, Camera,....Revolution
Join the Army
How will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today

There is also a greatest hits package titled 'Prime Cuts' but I have no idea what is on it and what years of their career it covers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Like most of the album mentioned (except Art Of Rebellion which didn't do anything for me)...I was also a big fan of Infectious Grooves.

I can't imagine them without Rocky George though, what a great guitarist!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Love Suicidal Tendencies. Their S/T is one of my all time favorites 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Is there any love for Art Of Rebellion from longtime ST fans? It seems that causal ST fans like me tend to like it more than diehards.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:56 pm

I think Art Of Rebellion was the first ST that I didn't completely love. I still like the record but it just didn't reach the greatness for me that the records before it did. Join The Army is one of the few records I have bought in every format over the years. And would gladly buy it again if need be.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:16 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Is there any love for Art Of Rebellion from longtime ST fans? It seems that causal ST fans like me tend to like it more than diehards.
it's a great album with great songs like Can't Stop, Nobody Hears, We Call This Mutha Revenge, Gotta Kill Captain Stupid, & Which Way To Free?.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Casual fan. I only have the s/t, and it's pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Join the army is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
oldskoolcollector
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldskoolcollector

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:42 pm

I like this band. Especially their debut and How Will I Laugh....
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:06 pm

suicidal for life fuckas 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2