Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suicidal Tendencies- 13

Go down 
+12
Shawn Of Fire
EmoElmo
Eyesore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
exact33
James B.
metalinmyveins
ZombieHavoc
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Empty
PostSubject: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm

The last album I liked from ST was Lights Camera Revolution. Those first 4 releases from them are some of my favorite punk/thrash/hardcore/crossover/whatever records.

But after like 1990....pretty much crap the whole way through.

But I like the first single from this upcoming album. I am actually kinda excited to check it out now. I'll probably Spotify first, in case the single is a fluke, and the rest of it sounds like garabage.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 6:08 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
The last album I liked from ST was Lights Camera Revolution. Those first 4 releases from them are some of my favorite punk/thrash/hardcore/crossover/whatever records.

But I like the first single from this upcoming album. I am actually kinda excited to check it out now. I'll probably Spotify first, in case the single is a fluke, and the rest of it sounds like garabage.

I've gotta disagree, as 1992's "Art of Rebellion" was pretty damn good!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 6:40 pm

Wow !

Another cd callled "13"

The "Nortenos" in upper California are gonna flip out and wanna shank folks Laughing very hard

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Lights Camera Revolution... there is an album i have not heard in like forever. I check out the new one but i have not liked their last couple.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm a big fan of the albums that had both Rocky George and Mike Clark together.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Anybody got a YouTube of this new single? I wanna check it out!! Loved S.T. back in the day. How Will I Laugh Tomorrow..., Feel Like Sh*t/Deja-Vu and Lights, Camera, Revolution were great albums. They started to lose steam (IMO) with Art of Rebellion and by the time they re-recorded the first album (Still Cyco After All These Years), I'd lost interest.

Quote :

I saw them live on the L, C, R tour and Rocky George totally tore it up on stage.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anybody got a YouTube of this new single? I wanna check it out!! Loved S.T. back in the day. How Will I Laugh Tomorrow..., Feel Like Sh*t/Deja-Vu and Lights, Camera, Revolution were great albums. They started to lose steam (IMO) with Art of Rebellion and by the time they re-recorded the first album (Still Cyco After All These Years), I'd lost interest.

Quote :

I saw them live on the L, C, R tour and Rocky George totally tore it up on stage.

Saw them on that tour too - they opened for Queensryche (Building Empires tour) - kick a$$ gig!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 pm

I've enjoyed most of their older stuff to various degrees, but haven't listened to or thought about these guys in some time. The new stuff would really have to blow my wig back before I'd invest in them anymore.

Some bands just worked for me at a given time in my life and now that time has passed. No point in trying to go back.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Still haven't heard the new stuff, but this thread inspired me to order a cheap copy of the classic Feel Like Sh*t/Deja Vu CD from Hastings last night. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I've gotta disagree, as 1992's "Art of Rebellion" was pretty damn good!

headbanger Some of Rocky's most memorable solos. Especially the ones in I'll Hate You Better.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Still haven't heard the new stuff, but this thread inspired me to order a cheap copy of the classic Feel Like Sh*t/Deja Vu CD from Hastings last night. Very Happy

Last night, I picked up the new Anthrax at FYE. The cashier handed me a free cd sampler called "March is Metal Month" which had, among others, the new Suicidal tune on there 'Cyko Style'.

It's an ok track. Sounds like ST to me. Mike Muir still curses an awful lot throughout the song. Not that I was offended, but it sounds kinda hokey for a 50 (?) year old man to be spouting off like some teen that hit his thumb with a hammer.

Hmmmm, maybe I'm more interested in this new album that I thought. I want to smash something. Cool

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 am

I re-listened to Art of Rebellion today on Spotify. Still not a fan.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 4:13 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Your ears must be clogged. Razz
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 4:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Your ears must be clogged. Razz

Ha, maybe. I will say it's not as bad as stuff got later, Free-Dumb and what not.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:08 am

While we are on the subject of ST, I really wish the Welcome to Venice comp would get a CD release.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 6:53 am

I've always thought the debut was ridiculously overrated. It's good, but...I don't know, I just don't get what's so special about it.

Join the Army, to me, is when this band became a great band, and pretty much every release up through The Art of Rebellion was awesome. Suicidal for Life is okay, but...man, the cussing on that album is SO over the top. I cuss all the damn time, and this album makes me cringe. Not their best moment.

Freedumb and Free Your Soul And Save My Mind are simple punk albums. They're decent albums for what they are, but they're not what makes ST great. Personally, I think they're Cyko Miko albums released under the ST banner because that name sells better.

When they released the Year of the Cyko album back in 2008, I was pretty psyched. It's a compilation album featuring bands Mike has sung for—ST, No Mercy, Infectious Grooves, Cyko Miko—but the new ST songs were old-school. They were metal! So yeah, it got me excited for a new release.

To me, 13 stands tall among their best work. It's got a little more punk/hardcore influence than some of the albums from their classic era, but it's a damn good album.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:21 am

Dear God, why can't they make a Lights...Camera..Revolution pt. II again?

13 sounded like a melting pot of their Punk-Metal glory days, to which Im not accustomed of listening to...

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:01 am

I only know of their "Send Me Your Money" era... lol! That song always cracked me up. I saw them open for Queensryche on the Empire tour...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:51 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Dear God, why can't they make a Lights...Camera..Revolution pt. II again?
Because if they did you'd complain that they made Lights...Camera..Revolution Pt. II. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Quote :
Join the Army, to me, is when this band became a great band, and pretty much every release up through The Art of Rebellion was awesome

Join The Army is one of my favorite records ever.

I don't know why, maybe a musical mood thing, but I'm not real excited or motivated to run out right away and get this. There was a time when an ST release would've required nothing short of death to stop me from getting it on release day. I may have to break down and try out some samples.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:31 am

Speaking of which, while I know there isn't a lot of P.O.D. fans but this is a cool song they did with Cyco Miko:

@ 2:55 it goes into Suicidal Tendencies mode.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Yup. Great tune.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 pm

I was never a major fan but used to hear 'Lights Camera..' and " How Can I Laugh' all the time, thanks to my stoner pals. I would buy these discs if I saw them dirt cheap.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Lights, Camera, Revolution still makes me wanna break stuff to this day.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Join the Army, How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today, Controlled by Hatred/Feel Like Shit...Déjà Vu, Lights...Camera...Revolution, and The Art of Rebellion—you can't go wrong with any of those albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies- 13   Suicidal Tendencies- 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suicidal Tendencies- 13
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next