Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?

Go down 
+25
jstate
DeathCult
manny
Leatherface
EvyMetal
arttieTHE1manparty
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
Todd Jaymz
thejokeriv
TH Joe
AchrisK
Troublezone
krokus
Lurideath
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
stepcousin
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Empty
PostSubject: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:23 am

Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? If so, what is your favorite disc?

I really am loving "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow" this morning. Rocky George tears it up on the title track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 am

Lifelong ST/IG/CM fan! Fav will always be the first one.
That is one of those rare albums I probably know every word to.

I am glad Trujillo got his payday as he had to put up with Muir all
those years - but it is sad that he is having to put his art behind him
to get that fat cash. Maybe the King and Queen of Metallica-land
learned something from thier last bassist and will let RT do some side
stuiff for himself.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 am

i never really got into them, i like a few songs but wouldn't get any of there albums....

there's better stuff out there in my opinion
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:45 am

Loves me some Suicidal!

Lights, Camera...Revolution! has always been my favorite. First one I heard, first one I owned, all that jazz. I went backwards through their catalogue from there. I'd say How Will I Laugh is my second favorite, Join The Army next, S/T...

Not saying those are bad, as I really like J.T.A. and the S/T albums, just not as much as I do Lights. Haven't heard the Controlled By Hated.... EP

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:37 am

Their best - STILL CYCO AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:49 am

...all I wanted was a Pepsi....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:52 am

Still Cyco is the only one I've owned but I think its great!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 11:54 am

Lights...Camera...Revolution

"Send me your money!"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 12:00 pm

S.T. rules! They couldn't be touched on stuff like HOW WILL I LAUGH TOMORROW and especially LIGHTS...CAMERA...REVOLUTION (my fave CD of theirs). Too bad that after LIGHTS, CAMERA they took a fast train to funk-metal Suckville ("Suicidal for Life" anybody? Nah, me neither)...

I saw S.T. on the LIGHTS, CAMERA tour in the Fall of '90 (the openers were LeeWay and an unknown band called ... White Zombie, believe it or not) and it was quite possibly the SCARIEST crowd I'd ever seen. Skinheads beatin' on longhairs, longhairs beatin' on skinheads, club security beatin' on anybody they could get their hands on... it was insane. I was actually glad when the show ended and I was able to escape the club without any scars!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 12:34 pm

Count me in. I have Lights...Camera...Revolution and the Art of Rebellion and enjoy them both a great deal. I was lucky to find them used for $3.99 a piece. Well worth the money, I think.Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 12:40 pm

1.) How Will I Laugh Tomorrow...
2.) Lights, Camera, Revolution
3.) Suicidal For Life
4.) The Art Of Rebellion
5.) Join The Army

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 2:09 pm

Ahh love the ST and all similar bands linked to them (inc. Uncle Slam)
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 2:33 pm

How Will I Laugh Tomorrow...
Join the Army
Lights Camera Revolution
Self Titled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 3:29 pm

Awesome band! I do like their mid-period "metal" stuff better, though.And I think the debut is dreadfully overrated. Freedumb and Free Your Soul...And Save My Mind are also a little weak.

Metal Suicidal Tendencies KO1 Punk Suicidal Tendencies.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 3:33 pm

Yes, i like them. I saw them live at a festival years ago, in Spain and they were great. It was a pure metal festival and people didnt realy understand them but i knew the songs and kicked ass listening to them lol. My fave must be "Controlled By Hatred / Feel Like smurf poo... " but "Lights... Camera... Revolution" is also a classic.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 5:41 pm

I'm a big time ST fan! I bought How will i laugh... first back when i started high school and it's my fav but i got into them when i heard (Lost Again) and (Alone) on my local metal radio station KNAC back around '90. Then after The Art of rebellion came and went i lost interest for a long time.

Last edited by troublezone on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 pm

Join the Army rules!!

I also like the self titled.

ack
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:56 am

Locky wrote:

Loves me some Uncle Slam as well! Now if I could just find a copy of Say Uncle...

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 10:09 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Locky wrote:

Loves me some Uncle Slam as well! Now if I could just find a copy of Say Uncle...

You and me both. Don't think this one was ever released on CD, was it?

Have a copy of Still Cyco... coming from LaLa this week as well.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 10:12 am

ultmetal wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Locky wrote:

You and me both. Don't think this one was ever released on CD, was it?

Have a copy of Still Cyco... coming from LaLa this week as well.

Yeah, Say Uncle WAS released on CD, but ONLY in Japan. It's on the Pony Canyon label. Damn thing is rare as all get-out.

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 3:20 pm

I bid $50 and change on Say Uncle a couple of weeks ago. It went for over $100.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:58 am

I gotta go with "Lights...Camera...Revolution". "You Can't Bring Me Down" and "Send Me Your Money" are their two best songs IMO.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:18 pm

Not a huge fan, but I do like Lights.... Camera..... Revolution. I remember I Saw Your Mommy being in regular rotation at the local skate area (with Ride The Lightning!)

I saw ST when they opened for Queensryche on the Empire tour - great show. The floor was nuts during ST - i'm sure there were broken body parts after ST's set.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 4:01 pm

I'm listening to "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today" right now. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 12:54 pm

Lights, Camera...Revolution
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?   Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any SUICIDAL TENDENCIES fans?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next