Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...

Go down 
+21
SAHB Healer
Selvmord
XYZ
Shiney
Lurideath
TrogDawn
Waylon
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
zombiewalkin
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
sovdat
rattpoison
MetalRob331
mc666
DallasBlack
DeathCult
ultmetal
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:29 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Not enough lists in this thread.
10. KORN
03. KORN
04. KORN
09. KORN
01. KORN
07. KORN
08. KORN
02. KORN
06. KORN
01. KORN

Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Corn2gv2

Well, Korn does have hair, so....
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:59 pm

DeathCult wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

5. Enuff Z Nuff

You may not like them but to label them hair metal is just down right silly.

Sure they had an Eddie Van Halen type guitarist and donned the make up for their first album, but that's were the connection with that era and metal ends. 19 years on and 10 albums of great Cheap Trick, Elvis Costello, Beatles, Raspberries Power Pop later, Enuff Z'Nuff have provided some of the most critically acclaimed power pop records of the last 15 years or so.

Apparently you missed the title of the thread and what they've been labeled as for years, so quit looking up crap and list 10.

Ignorant people label them Hair Metal. I didn't look up crap, i know since i own every album they have put out (12).

I used my ears to discern this fact of the style of music they play, you used your scant memory of seeing the "New Thing" video on Headbangers Ball or reading about them in some Metal mag back in the day to ignorantly label them. cool

I'll offer a list soon.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Actually, I had a couple of their albums and they sucked out loud. And they ARE sleaze. lame
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Danger Danger and Tora Tora have not been mentioned yet....
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm

DC is right, Enuff Z'Nuff are most definitely sleeze.....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Quote :
Ignorant people label them Hair Metal. I didn't look up crap, i know since i own every album they have put out (12).

I
used my ears to discern this fact of the style of music they play, you
used your scant memory of seeing the "New Thing" video on Headbangers
Ball or reading about them in some Metal mag back in the day to
ignorantly label them. Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 695652

DC, Rattpoison has spoken. You'll shut your mouth now, and carry on smartly.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:11 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

I
used my ears to discern this fact of the style of music they play, you
used your scant memory of seeing the "New Thing" video on Headbangers
Ball or reading about them in some Metal mag back in the day to
ignorantly label them. Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 695652

DC, Rattpoison has spoken. You'll shut your mouth now, and carry on smartly.

Or put a diaper around his mouth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Selvmord wrote:
Danger Danger and Tora Tora have not been mentioned yet....

Thats because Tora Tora were awesome
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:37 am

DeathCult wrote:
Actually, I had a couple of their albums and they sucked out loud. And they ARE sleaze. lame

That's fine, i wouldn't have had an issue if you listed them in the 10 worst bands of all time. But when you label them Hair Metal or even Sleaze (Come on really? Do you disagree with me labelling them a Power Pop band?) well i had to speak up. It's just one of my pet peeves i guess. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:33 am

rattpoison wrote:
(Come on really? Do you disagree with me labelling them a Power Pop band?)

If DC doesn't I will. That's just crazy talk. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:35 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
(Come on really? Do you disagree with me labelling them a Power Pop band?)

If DC doesn't I will. That's just crazy talk. don\'t know

So your saying their not a power pop band TT?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:37 am

Yep
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:40 am

How many albums of theirs have you heard? And of the ones you did who would you compare them to?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:47 am

rattpoison wrote:
But when you label them Hair Metal or even Sleaze (Come on really? Do you disagree with me labelling them a Power Pop band?) well i had to speak up. It's just one of my pet peeves i guess. Cool

What's that on your shoulder? Chimp Z'nuff?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
But when you label them Hair Metal or even Sleaze (Come on really? Do you disagree with me labelling them a Power Pop band?) well i had to speak up. It's just one of my pet peeves i guess. Cool

What's that on your shoulder? Chimp Z'nuff?

Your hilarious Sahb, but throw your 2 cents into the argument that is if your own Chimp isn't weighing you down. I know your thoughts since we discussed this topic not that long ago.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:17 am

I only have Strength to quote the chimp, but he's an Animal With Human Intelligence so I respect his opinion. Based on the two albums, he thinks that they do tend toward power pop, but like any band it depends on the song. A song like Master of Pain would fit nicely into my sleaze play list; and their image at that point was glammy (if not sleazy) as well. So it depends on the song or album. How's that for a cop out? You gotta admit that they had some pretty hard edged songs here and there, far removed from Smithereens or Shoes territory. But they are filed in my power pop section, yeah.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:20 am

i agree with Rattpoison on this one, & not just because of his Traci lords avatar. Enuff Z'nuff was a pop band.

i hear absolutely no sleaze or metal in their music. i still think they stink though.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I only have Strength to quote the chimp, but he's an Animal With Human Intelligence so I respect his opinion. Based on the two albums, he thinks that they do tend toward power pop, but like any band it depends on the song. A song like Master of Pain would fit nicely into my sleaze play list; and their image at that point was glammy (if not sleazy) as well. So it depends on the song or album. How's that for a cop out? You gotta admit that they had some pretty hard edged songs here and there, far removed from Smithereens or Shoes territory. But they are filed in my power pop section, yeah.

No doubt about some songs (although a minority in their whole catalogue of 12 albums) were fairly hard rock.

But you would treat them as like early Cheap Trick who had those big hard rockers, some would say Enuff Z'Nuff were wholly derivative of late 70's Cheap Trick.

But basically their whole discography over the last 20 years has been very Beatlesque and unabashedly retro in their reverence to 70's Power Pop groups like Raspberries, Big Star, Badfinger, Blue Ash etc.

Their real peers at the time were groups like Redd Kross, Jellyfish etc. Groups that painted their bombastic pops songs in bright primary colours and had the odd hard rock guitar here and there.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:52 am

rattpoison wrote:

No doubt about some songs (although a minority in their whole catalogue of 12 albums) were fairly hard rock.

But you would treat them as like early Cheap Trick who had those big hard rockers, some would say Enuff Z'Nuff were wholly derivative of late 70's Cheap Trick.

But basically their whole discography over the last 20 years has been very Beatlesque and unabashedly retro in their reverence to 70's Power Pop groups like Raspberries, Big Star, Badfinger, Blue Ash etc.

I don't think of them as a Cheap Trick clone, but I would say they are like Cheap Trick in that they do mix a fair amount of legitimate hard rockers in with their poppy stuff. Both bands were capable of crossing over into heavy territory quite often. As far as I know bands like Big Star and Badfinger didn't do that very much. Not going by what I've heard from them anyway.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:27 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

I don't think of them as a Cheap Trick clone, but I would say they are like Cheap Trick in that they do mix a fair amount of legitimate hard rockers in with their poppy stuff. Both bands were capable of crossing over into heavy territory quite often. As far as I know bands like Big Star and Badfinger didn't do that very much. Not going by what I've heard from them anyway.

Badfinger and Big Star did, although when they rocked hard it was coming more from a really loud heavy 50's rock n' roll rather than a legitimate attempt at then modern hard rock. Although Badfinger's underrated epic classic Wish You Were Here (1974) has it's fair share of moody dark heavy/hard rock which could be compared favourably with Queen at the time. Another band Enuff Z'Nuff took their cues from, but more in the way of Enuff Z'Nuff's slower moody piano based numbers.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:22 am

ENUFF Z'NUFF were in no way remotely sleaze....or glam aside from their image...they were psychedelic tinged Beatles-esque power pop....hard rock.

And if this turns into more slamming I'll sit each one of you in a corner....then a ferociou spanking...followed by being sent to bed with no dinner...you all dig!?!?!?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:40 am

Call 'em what you want. I still like Enuff Z'nuff. Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 19976
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:23 am

Of all the debates people get into on the boards, the "genre-wars" interest me the least. Sleep

I'll call them a sleeze band because that's what I think they were. If
anyone wants to call them power pop, I'll just disagree and leave it at
that.

Heck, call em a country band if you like.... either way, they were not all that great IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:29 am

The first Nelson album is an excellent Melodic Rock/AOR album...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:58 am

I'm listening to Faster Pu$$ycat's debut as I type this!! Oh the memories this brings back. Many moons ago, my buddy's band, The Outlaw Pandas (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=39758862) covered "Bathroom Wall" with MetalGuy taking on lead vocals. I'm sure it was horrible to the 7 or 8 people in the club that night, but dang, it sure was fun.

Thanks for the trade Spec!! I don't know why I waited so long to replace my long-gone tape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next