Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town

Go down 
+11
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
Lari
tohostudios
glassprison
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Stender
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Empty
PostSubject: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 3:51 pm

"Hair" metal is subjective, obviously.  Every city had 'em.  What are yours?

A few from the Twin Towns [will not include the killer Slave Raider]:

[Including a young Lance King]

[yes - same band that had to change their name to Hericane Alice]

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Props to Wrecked Neck'd town:

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:22 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Props to Wrecked Neck'd town:

Lol I was going to post them, but figured they were pretty well known, so didn't think they would fit the category. Plus I don't wanna claim them as fellow Vegas natives. lol!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Oregon wasn't exactly a hotbed..

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 8:49 pm

My neck o' the woods (Northern NJ) had Trixter, who of course were fairly well known. We also had American Angel and Danger Danger.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Nada, that I know of at least. All Fresno ever had was Stavesacre (gross) and The Crucified (right on). Pretty mediocre slice of California livin' haha.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Stender wrote:
Oregon wasn't exactly a hotbed..
I used to love that Black N Blue album. Still like a few songs on it, but it's pretty bad mostly. At least to me it is.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 am

From Chicago:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 am

I was living in Jackson, TN when hair metal was in full bloom and we had Blue Tears:

And Memphis was only about 60 miles away and they had Tora Tora who often get lumped in with hair metal bands but to me they're more sleaze:

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 am

Santa Cruz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Cruz_(band)

Obviously Hanoi Rocks, too, but I wouldn't call them unknown.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 am

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 am

Not really unknown in the Christian market but Bride are from my area.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 7:08 am

Hey Toho: did you get a chance to see Tora Tora live in those days?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Roughhouse from the Philly suburbs...

They originally were known as Teeze and played all the local Philly clubs back in the day. They would eventually change their name to Roughhouse and release one s/t album, then fade into obscurity.

Fun Fact: Nu-metal guitarist and convicted pedophile Tripp Eisen started out in this glam outfit, then know as "Rex" Eisen.

EDIT: Thanks to the power of the internet, you can hear the only Teeze album in all their glammy glory...

And watch a reunion gig from 2016...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Firehouse and Animal Bag are from my neck of the woods. I know Firehouse got pretty popular. Animal Bag played all the clubs but decided to move to LA. Where they eventually ended up with a record deal.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 8:45 pm

glassprison wrote:
Hey Toho: did you get a chance to see Tora Tora live in those days?

Sure did!  At the New Daisy on Beale Street. Also saw Rock City Angels and Eric Gale there.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Roxx Gang, which got signed to a major label and even had Ratt producer Beau Hill behind the knobs on their ' Things You've Never Done Before', by the time the album was released, the pop/hair metal party was over.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 9:47 pm

manny wrote:
Roxx Gang, which got signed to a major label and even had Ratt producer Beau Hill behind the knobs on their ' Things You've Never Done Before', by the time the album was released, the pop/hair metal party was over.
I actually found that album on CD a while back. I had a vinyl copy and was shocked to find it on CD.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
I actually found that album on CD a while back.  I had a vinyl copy and was shocked to find it on CD.

I had it on vinyl and found it on CD, dirt cheap years ago.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 6:20 am

I went to high school with these guys (SAGE from Knoxville, TN), not really a hair band but more like a Van Halen type band. The guitarist, Travis Wyrick went on to produce P.O.D., Disciple and many other bands. I bought the tape of Sage from Travis in the cafeteria.

Most of their stuff is not on YouTube. I have it the albums as downloads tho. Play them from time to time.

Used to go see them all the time playing the clubs. Saw them open for Bad Company as well.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 am

Not exactly hair metal per se, but close. This is actually very early incarnation of Rellik, before Mike Moore joined on vocals.

Another not-really-hair-metal-but-close band from Sharks town. RAPIDFIRE, which rose out of the ashes of seminal Bay Area thrash legends HELLHOUND

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 10:05 am

That RapidFire sounds pretty good!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town   Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool unknown HAIR metal bands from YOUR town
Page 1 of 1