Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...

Go down 
+21
SAHB Healer
Selvmord
XYZ
Shiney
Lurideath
TrogDawn
Waylon
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
zombiewalkin
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
sovdat
rattpoison
MetalRob331
mc666
DallasBlack
DeathCult
ultmetal
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:21 am

Mr. Big (still hate'em)
Trixter (they may have been local boys but they were not very good)
Faster Pu$$ycat (simply godawful)
Firehouse
Johnny Crash
Bang Gang
The current "Tracii Guns" version of L.A. Guns w/Paul Black on vocals (YouTube them if you don't believe me.... soooooo terrible!!)
Vince Neil-less Crue
Crue-less Vince Neil
Nelson

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:23 am

You slagging Johnny Crash????

I love them! Yeah, they're just AC/DC wannabes but so what?

The rest of that list is right on though FF.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:27 am

tohostudios wrote:
You slagging Johnny Crash????

I love them! Yeah, they're just AC/DC wannabes but so what?

The rest of that list is right on though FF.

Meh, I dunno... maybe Johnny Crash weren't quite as awful as some of the others I listed, but by the time they came along I think I may have just been tired of the whole hair/glam/sleaze thing.

I should probably have also mentioned the Sea Hags and Bangalore Choir.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

The current "Tracii Guns" version of L.A. Guns w/Paul Black on vocals (YouTube them if you don't believe me.... soooooo terrible!!)

You're not lying there, mister.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:33 am

Quote :

I read that Paul Black is out again. Tracii Guns has another new guy doing vocals for the new album. Meanwhile, I believe Phil Lewis is still touring with his version of LA Guns. With any luck, Paul Black can throw some left-over Sunset Strip burn-outs together and form a 3rd version of LA Guns. Oh the drama!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:40 am

Wasnt' aware that Tracii now has L.A. Guns Mark III going without Paul Black. Good grief, you need a score card to keep track of what's going on in that camp.

As long as I'm back in this topic, would Jackyl be considered a "hair/sleaze" band? Cuz if so, I hereby officially remove Johnny Crash from my list and replace them with Jackyl. I freakin HATED Jackyl.

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

As long as I'm back in this topic, would Jackyl
be considered a "hair/sleaze" band? Cuz if so, I hereby officially
remove Johnny Crash from my list and replace them with Jackyl. I
freakin HATED Jackyl.

Yessssssssss....... they were terrible.

Green Jello should get a mention as well. It just kills me when that
lame 3 Little Pigs song gets drug out EVERY TIME I'm at the bar on
Karaoke night. Once is fun, but EVERY TIME? angry

I once sat in with a band that had some OK material, but when they
wanted to do that song as a cover, I knew I would not be back. sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Cmon, how can a band that uses a chainsaw as a musical instrument be terrible? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:40 pm

None of them... as ALL Hair/Sleaze/Cock Rock RULES!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:41 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Cmon, how can a band that uses a chainsaw as a musical instrument be terrible? Rolling Eyes

Lead chainsaw was the best thing about them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Lead chainsaw was the best thing about them.

I saw Jackyl live once and the chainsaw was the best part of the show.
However, when that Jesse James whatever-his-name-was guy stripped down to a g-string and was running up and down the aisles of Radio City Music Hall, jumping up onto random empty seats while playing guitar (badly), I was like "check, please!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:14 pm

What a mind picture. You owe me for a ruined day FF. I always wondered what it was with Jackyl acting so badass when they sucked royally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:16 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I always wondered what it was with Jackyl acting so badass when they sucked royally.

They were constantly on Headbanger's Ball so as far as I knew, that band was huge. Huge and retarded.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Vain is the second gretaest hair band ever.

And Enuff Z'Nuff is the worst. Very Happy

Fixed that for ya MG
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:46 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
What a mind picture. You owe me for a ruined day FF. I always wondered what it was with Jackyl acting so badass when they sucked royally.

Imagine how I felt. That sweaty g-stringed redneck jumped up on a seat in the row in front of my friends and I, played the riff from "My Sharona" and then looked at us and said "I wrote that." We were flipping him off like "Get outta here you retard!"

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

However, when that Jesse James
whatever-his-name-was guy stripped down to a g-string and was running
up and down the aisles of Radio City Music Hall, jumping up onto random
empty seats while playing guitar (badly), I was like "check,
please!"

And that's why we have therapists, ladies and gents.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:40 pm

I cant believe I forgot to mention Mr.Big fainting
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I cant believe I forgot to mention Mr.Big fainting

That's 'cause you secretly think they're the best band ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:17 pm

Quote :
Johnny Crash

I saw them open for tesla and Crue. They were actually worse than Crue was live, if that's possible.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Too...many...choices...I...don't...know...where...to...start... Shocked

But let me just say that KORN is the BEST!!! dancingthing
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 pm

Not enough lists in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm

Peppermint Creeps
Cherry Street
Love/Hate
Guns N Roses
Faster Pu$$ycat
Slaughter
Pretty Boy Floyd
Britney Fox
Tuff

This list is countless actually. Going to high school in southern CA during the late 80's... this whole style of music was huge. I'd get BAM magazine at Wherehouse Music every week just to laugh at all the pictures of these lame bands!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Good list Lur, but Slaughter is a pretty good live band, and GNR did have appetite. I love that disc, and always will.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:00 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Not enough lists in this thread.
10. KORN
03. KORN
04. KORN
09. KORN
01. KORN
07. KORN
08. KORN
02. KORN
06. KORN
01. KORN

Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Corn2gv2
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:24 pm

No such thing as bad hair/sleaze.....

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...   Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 worst hair/sleaze metal bands...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next