Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am a John Sandford character?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

I am a John Sandford character? Empty
PostSubject: I am a John Sandford character?   I am a John Sandford character? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 am

Apparently. I had nothing to read on my break tonight. Usually I read non-fiction, unless my mental health is poor (which it has been over the winter); so I decided to read a couple of pages of one of John Sandford's "Prey" series. I knew nothing about John Sandford, I just wanted a few minutes distraction. This was trippy.
The book starts with some armed robbers who start out heading toward my old neighborhood in the Twin Cities, and they end up robbing a place one mile from where I grew up and lived most of my life. This was kinda weird for me because as I am reading I am visualizing the setting very vividly as I know every block of it.
Then it shifts to a jailbreak in a town down the road from where I am now in Wisconsin, and the crooks end up hiding out in an abandoned trailer on a hill 40 minutes west of Colfax WI. My family owns an abandoned trailer on a hill 40 minutes west of Colfax. But so far it's all imagination and coincidence. Fun!
But then it got more concrete. Soon there enters a minor character that is the Dunn County sheriff circa 1996. Now the man who was actually Dunn Co. sheriff in 1996 was born and raised in the house that I now live in. In fact the bedroom that he had as a kid is my bedroom now. So I'm 50 pages into this book and I'm kinda trippin'. Needless to say I'm hooked, I'm gonna read the whole series, and I pretty much expect that I myself am gonna show up in one of these books before long. insane
Cheap thrills, yes, but pretty fun. I've read books in which I knew the setting before, but these Sandford books were #1 best sellers.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: I am a John Sandford character?   I am a John Sandford character? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:45 am

Allright. I just made my first appearance in this book. I'm headed across the river to kidnap Uncle Saxon (Sandford calls him John Bauer for some reason, but it's clearly based on Saxon). I'm just driving through Somerset now. Somebody should warn Sax. If he does disappear this weekend, He's probabley tied up down in my basement.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: I am a John Sandford character?   I am a John Sandford character? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:48 am

Not to worry. I just got hit by a bus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am a John Sandford character?   I am a John Sandford character? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am a John Sandford character?
Page 1 of 1