Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Empty
PostSubject: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:49 am

Seems like I thought they did or were.......did they? Which ones got the treatment if they did and do they sound a lot better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:59 am

The Island discs did not get reissued or re-released. However I think they may have reissued a couple of the other Cds with John Bush.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:05 am

No, instead of re-releasing the Island catalog remastered, they released the 2 CD set, "Anthralogy: The Best Of Anthrax (1985-1991)". MOST of the songs off "Spreading the Disease" through "Persistence of Time" appear on this collection. The songs have all been digitally remastered and sound way better than the original releases.

DISC ONE
1. "A.I.R." (5:45)
2. "Lone Justice" (04:36)
3. "Madhouse" (4:17)
4. "The Enemy" (5:24 )
5. "Armed And Dangerous" (5:43)
6. "Medusa" (4:44 )
7. "Gung-Ho" (4:37)
8. "Among The Living" (5:15)
9. "Caught In A Mosh" (4:58)
10. "I Am The Law" (5:53)
11. "Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)" (4:54)
12. "A Skeleton In The Closet" (05:30)
13. "Indians" (5:40)
14. "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" (5:33)
15. "I'm The Man" (3:02)

DISC TWO
1. "Be All, End All" (6:23)
2. "Make Me Laugh" (5:41)
3. "Antisocial" (4:26)
4. "Who Cares Wins" (7:38)
5. "Now It's Dark" (5:36)
6. "Finale" (5:51)
7. "Time" (6:52)
8. "Keep In The Family" (7:08)
9. "In My World " (6:26)
10. "Intro To Reality" (3:24)
11. "Belly Of The Beast" (4:47)
12. "Got The Time" (2:44)
13. "Discharge" (4:12)
14. "Bring The Noise" (3:31)
15. "Antisocial" [French Version] (4:26)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:05 am

That sucks. I could have sworn I saw some digipack version of those old discs a few years ago in Best Buy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:08 am

Rexorcist wrote:
That sucks. I could have sworn I saw some digipack version of those old discs a few years ago in Best Buy.

An interesting side note. There is a report out today that says that pot shrinks your brain. Smile

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100204691&GT=31036
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:46 am

Rexorcist wrote:

I wish they would remaster the old-Belladonna era stuff. It sounds fine if I'm just listening to the cd, but when any of the songs come on my mp3 player, I have to CRANK the volume, then the next song comes on and I blow out my eardrums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I wish they would remaster the old-Belladonna era stuff. It sounds fine if I'm just listening to the cd, but when any of the songs come on my mp3 player, I have to CRANK the volume, then the next song comes on and I blow out my eardrums.

I use MP3 Gain. I level all my MP3s out at 98.0 decibels and that way they are all the same volume on my MP3 player. I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:42 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I use MP3 Gain. I level all my MP3s out at 98.0 decibels and that way they are all the same volume on my MP3 player. I highly recommend it.

I think I have that or something similiar on my home computer that came with the music player. I didn't know what it was and was afraid to click on it. The last time I poked around with something I didn't know how to use, I wound up with twins.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:47 am

The best of has nothing from the first album.........well that is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 am

zombiewalkin wrote:
The best of has nothing from the first album.........well that is just wrong.

It's an Island Years compilation, so no, it has nothing from the first album. Killer album for sure, but a different record label and singer.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:57 am

spectrefate wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:

An interesting side note. There is a report out today that says that pot shrinks your brain. Smile

[url=http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100204691>=31036
http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100204691>=31036[/quote[/url]]

Thats a bunch of crap, I smoked alot and...um uh what?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:57 am

Yeah I always liked Turbin. Why did he leave.......or get kicked out?

I heard the demos for his band "Turbin" and it was horrible, glammy type stuff with Doug Morrison on guitar (who is an incredible gitfiddler). If this is the direction Neil wanted to go I can see why Anthrax said no way hit the bricks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?   Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did the Anthrax catalogue get the remaster treatement?
Page 1 of 1