Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Along Came A Spider

Go down 
+19
tohostudios
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
skullsmasher
A Handful of Wayne
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
nevermore
MetalH
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
ghost
ThrashedOutCobra33
kmorg
ultmetal
Shiney
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:29 am

spectrefate wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Along Came A Spider returns Alice to the glory days of Welcome to my Nightmare.

It's not as bad as I initially thought, but that's stretching it a bit I think. WTMN was his pinnacle, the new one is at best his next to worst right beside Trash.
meh. you'll reverse your opinion as you did about TWNaH by Megadeth.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:02 am

I heard some samples and liked what I heard. I'm not very Alice experienced (various songs here and there, Temptation, Brutal Planet, Dragontown, and Eyes) but I have yet to hear anything I didn't like (except Man Behind The Mask sick ). If Wal-Mart doesn't have this by next week, I'll go pick it up at Best Buy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:59 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I heard some samples and liked what I heard. I'm not very Alice experienced (various songs here and there, Temptation, Brutal Planet, Dragontown, and Eyes) but I have yet to hear anything I didn't like (except Man Behind The Mask sick ). If Wal-Mart doesn't have this by next week, I'll go pick it up at Best Buy.

Surprisingly when I went to best buy to pick this up they didnt have it. There wasnt even a blank spot where it couldve been in the new releases or even in the alice cooper section. I give up on best buy for cds pretty much their selection, at least at the ones where I live, totally suck now. I used to get cds from there all the time since this past christmas the selection just keeps dying out.

BTW...Alice looks like gonzo from the muppets on that cover but the booklet is nice.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Along Came A Spider - Page 3 2551249116_0e26a1953c

Alice looks like an animated character from a Tim Burton movie in this pic.

First thing I thought of was Gonzo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:32 am

I thought Mortiis....
Along Came A Spider - Page 3 MortiisW
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:34 am

spectrefate wrote:
I thought Mortiis....
Along Came A Spider - Page 3 MortiisW

Yes but he's not blue, which is what made me jump to Gonzo Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:36 am

Exactly!

And Alice was on the Muppet show back in the day so maybe its a tribute haha
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:43 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Surprisingly when I went to best buy to pick this up they didnt have it. There wasnt even a blank spot where it couldve been in the new releases or even in the alice cooper section. I give up on best buy for cds pretty much their selection, at least at the ones where I live, totally suck now. I used to get cds from there all the time since this past christmas the selection just keeps dying out.

The Best Buy where I live is pretty crummy too but when it comes to big names like Alice Cooper, they pull though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:55 am

I'm still on the fence about getting this one. I've seen such wildly divergent reviews. I was going to get it because my favorite AC album is Welcome To My Nightmare and the idea of bringing back Steven appeals to me but man, I've seen some harsh reviews of this disc.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm still on the fence about getting this one. I've seen such wildly divergent reviews. I was going to get it because my favorite AC album is Welcome To My Nightmare and the idea of bringing back Steven appeals to me but man, I've seen some harsh reviews of this disc.

Though I'm quite younger than you Toho, I have been around long enough to know that reviews are like buttholes: everyone has one and they stink. Movies, books, or music I have learned to distrust reviews because there are many things that I love that critics hate. I take all reviews with a grain of salt (even Kmorg and Ult's Shocked ).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Yeah, I know but you can usually get a drift from user reviews on sites like Amazon. But users are all over the place with this one.

I'll probably end up buying it used once the used prices come down.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:02 pm

I like it....alot.

It's got a lod of storyline nods to Nightmare....'Steven" and whatnot...the music is a bit modern heavy but there are a lot of old school flourishes to it as well...

I like it, and that's all that matters to me.

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:16 pm

I like it a lot too! I'm with Ult. I can't see any long time Alice fan not liking it. In fact I think that I'm gonna listen to it right now.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Though I'm quite younger than you Toho, I have been around long enough to know that reviews are like buttholes: everyone has one and they stink. Movies, books, or music I have learned to distrust reviews because there are many things that I love that critics hate. I take all reviews with a grain of salt (even Kmorg and Ult's Shocked ).

and you should. It's all just opinions. 🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
but I have yet to hear anything I didn't like (except Man Behind The Mask sick ).

Along Came A Spider - Page 3 19976

DallasBlack wrote:

The Best Buy where I live is pretty crummy too but when it comes to big names like Alice Cooper, they pull though.

Yeah, they definitely don't have the best selection for hard rock/metal. Though they do have tons of bands I've never heard of! Laughing They're usually my first stop to buy a new CD though just because I know they'll probably be the best price in town. We have an FYE in the mall, but that place is a ripoff and I try to avoid it if I can.

Sometimes I have been disppointed though, they didn't get the latest Scorpions in until 2 months after it's U.S. release, I didn't have time to wait, I bought it somewhere else.

I was pleasantly surprised that Alice was actually in the store. I really don't see mainstream regarding him as a "big" name anymore, so as I was walking in the thought struck me that they might not even carry it. No front end or new release section, but it was where it should be in the A-Z section.

Surprisingly, Whitesnake was placed on a front end AND in the new release section and they were sold out the day of the release, so I HAD to go to FYE.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 4:30 am

Quote :
So, despite my hatred for the whole platform, I went ahead and installed iTunes to download the three bonus tracks. I like 'em. The acoustic piano version of "Salvation" is very nice. Three tracks total...that and two non-album tracks called "Shadow Of Yourself" and "I'll Still Be There."

The nice thing is that, I guess enough people wrote hate mail about the pernicious practice of not allowing separate purchase of only the bonus tracks. I already bought the CD, the real physical product that I can touch and hold. So, I successfully purchased just the three tracks.

Anyways, there's also a four track "album" available on there called "Spiders - Early Alice Cooper." It has what sounds like the same versions of "Hitch Hike" and "Why Don't You Love Me" that are on the "Life & Crimes" box. But, it has an entirely different version of "Don't Blow Your Mind" and an instrumental track of "Why Don't You Love Me" as well. Not bad stuff...

That quote is from another board. Anyone downloaded this stuff?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:36 am

Nope. I hate this practice. It's the record company's attempt to stamp out CDs. They did the same thing to vinyl in the mid-90's, adding bonus tracks to the CDs not on the record. Funny thing is, the new Alice Cooper is available on vinyl.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:42 pm

I was given two free iTunes downloads when I bought my Crue tickets back in April. I didn't have iTunes on my PC or an iPod, so I didn't think much of it. Then, 2 days ago I saw there were 3 bonus songs, so I downloaded iTunes, and went to cash in for "Shadow of Yourself" and "I'll Still Be There"... Only to find out my coupons expired in May!

angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:29 am

I just received "Along Came A Spider" in the mail today. I'm listening to it for the first time right now. So far so good. I already like it better than "Dirty Diamonds". The packaging is great. IMO the booklet is the coolest booklet ever included with an Alice Cooper cd.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:34 am

I picked this up the other day and was expecting to be disappointed. But I was quite surprised it's a really good album.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:24 pm

I love this album. My first impression was it was a lot heavier and more in tune with my favourite Alice sound. The last couple of albums IMO had a few stand out tracks but on the whole I found them rather bland. This new album takes a few listens to fully appreciate but I agree with Ult, any long time Alice Cooper fans should love this album. I've heard a lot of reviews comparing it to WTMN which is a bold statement and could have put people off but this sits very nicely with me.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:32 pm

I was it on virgin records, I was about to buy it. But then I heard the samples and put it back. It sounded like those modern rock bands sick
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:25 pm

I see that there is a digi pack and a regular jewel case release for this album. Is there any difference, song-wise, i.e. bonus tracks, between the 2?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I see that there is a digi pack and a regular jewel case release for this album. Is there any difference, song-wise, i.e. bonus tracks, between the 2?

I don't think so, but don't quote me on that.

Speaking of the digipack... I FREAKIN' LOST MINE! I think it fell out of my car last week in my work's parking lot and no one has seen it since. Who's taking empty Alice Cooper digipacks?

angry angry angry

Luckily, the CD wasn't in it, but still...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:11 pm

I like this CD and count it among the best of the year. I got the digipack from Best Buy, I had no doubt that they would have it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Along Came A Spider
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next