Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Along Came A Spider

Go down 
+19
tohostudios
DeathCult
DallasBlack
mc666
skullsmasher
A Handful of Wayne
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
nevermore
MetalH
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
ghost
ThrashedOutCobra33
kmorg
ultmetal
Shiney
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:02 pm

MetaLHoliC wrote:
The last Alice release that I purchased was The Eyes of Alice Cooper. I liked it pretty well... Never got Dirty Diamons. Is it a good album? I feel like I'm in the minority, but I really liked Brutal Planet and Dragontown. They were both very dark albums.

I'm the wrong person to ask because I love everything the man has done. Dirty Diamonds and Eyes of Alice were both back to basics, rock and roll. They both had a big 70's vibe to them. I loved 'em both. Dragontown and Brutal Planet were heavier and darker. I loved them too.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:05 pm

When I first got Eyes, I couldn't get into it at all. I think I was really heavily into Brutal Planet at the time and that album has a more modern vibe to it. I've spent the last 6 months or so immersing myself in classic rock/metal, so now when I listen to Eyes, it fits right in and I love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Quote :
Sweet album cover. Looks like a contender for a tattoo for me!

I just peed myself!!!!!!

So you basically want what amounts to Danny Devito's Penguin character on your body?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:00 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

So you basically want what amounts to Danny Devito's Penguin character on your body?

Its not a smiley face skull and crossbones, but it will work. Razz
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:00 pm

That looks more like Mortiis

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:38 pm

i like this cover !
must have album !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Quote :
Its not a smiley face skull and crossbones, but it will work. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_razz

Two things:

#1 - My Die Happy tattoo is immeasurably awesome

#2 - You're so jealous of it that you'd trade places with one of the "two girls" just to have one like it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
That looks more like Mortiis

Nah, Alice's nose isn't big enough. Close but not quite. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:08 am

Sounds GREAT! Can't wait! 🤘
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:37 am

Any thoughts yet?

I bought it tonight but haven't listened to it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:49 am

Its ok I listened to it twice. The first time I was taking a nap so I fell in and out of sleep. The second time I payed more attention and it was ok. A lot of industrialish sounding stuff in it but it wasnt bad. I'll be giving it some more listens. I wish he would go back and add some horns and orchestra stuff to his music again though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:53 pm

Oh boy.

I hate to say this, but this new album is not good. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

Oh my. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

What the heck is going on here? Alice isn't supposed to put out a bad album. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

I didn't even make it through the whole thing. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

Oh boy. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

This is bad........Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:11 pm

I'm listening for the first time right now.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:37 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Oh boy.

I hate to say this, but this new album is not good. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

Oh my. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

What the heck is going on here? Alice isn't supposed to put out a bad album. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

I didn't even make it through the whole thing. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

Oh boy. Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

This is bad........Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Uhoh-1

Wow! I'm just not hearing it like that. I'm actually quite enjoying this CD. Sounds like Alice to me. It's not some radical departure or something.

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:46 pm

I will, of course, give it another chance, but it just sounds very vanilla to me. I knew I had to stop and go back to it later. But my initial thoughts were not good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:56 pm

Only listened once so far but it sounds good to me. It sounds like Alice Cooper. What's not to like? It's doesn't sound like Dirty Diamonds at all. It's a return to a heavier, hard rock sound, whereas Dirty Diamonds was an attempt to get that 70's Detroit rock sound. Have not dug deep into the lyrics yet, but I am curious since it seems to be somewhat of a concept album with the return of Steven.

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:08 pm

I didn't hear anything heavier than Dirty Diamonds. There was nothing catchy. Maybe my ears are off today. I'll revisit this in like 6 months. I'm pretty bummed at how much I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:37 pm

I really like it a lot. I have played it seven or eight times through and like it more and more. I like everything this man has done with Trash being my least favorite of them all. Alice is a master at what he does, great songs and great shows. It is a lot different than Dirty Diamonds but very good in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:14 am

Okay, I've listened to it now! Still need to give it a closer listen and check out the lyrics but my first impressions are that this is good but not great. Which is what I have to say about his last two albums as well. Once I give it a few closer spins, I'll blog about it.

ultmetal wrote:
It's doesn't sound like Dirty Diamonds at all.

You don't think so? I would place this right alongside Eyes and Diamonds in terms of sound and quality.

It's definitely darker though and I enjoy that.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:17 am

skullsmasher wrote:
I like everything this man has done with Trash being my least favorite of them all.

Shocked

:kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:28 pm

I say I like Trash the least but I still like it. I just prefer Alice to write alone or with his band. I didn't care for the Bon Jovi, Steven Tyler, Slash etc. His style of singing and writing seemed to mimic these other guys and it didn't feel like an Alice album to me. I guess it was all the rage at the time to get a bunch of the top musicians together and do a collaboration album but I just didn't understand why Alice had to change to meet them when they should have changed to meet Alice. Does that make any sense at all. To me it sounded a little to pop and trendy to be Alice. My favorite era of Alice's career is from "Love It To Death" through "Da Da". Anything from that period in my opinion is pure genius, but like I said before I like it all. So Please, Don't club me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm loving the new CD. I suppose I am an Alice fanatic. However, I can't understand how any longtime Alice Cooper fan wouldn't like this album. I can understand why they wouldn't like Dirty Diamonds. That album was an attempt to simplify and was highly influenced by bands like the White Stripes. Along Came A Spider returns Alice to the glory days of Welcome to my Nightmare. Classic Alice with a modern production and tons of hook.

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I can't understand how any longtime Alice Cooper fan wouldn't like this album.

This what I was thinking too. I think this is a kick ass Alice album. I am really liking it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
Along Came A Spider returns Alice to the glory days of Welcome to my Nightmare.

It's not as bad as I initially thought, but that's stretching it a bit I think. WTMN was his pinnacle, the new one is at best his next to worst right beside Trash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:02 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
i like this cover !
must have album !

My thoughts exactly! Got it yesterday and it's pretty good. Very dark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Along Came A Spider   Along Came A Spider - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Along Came A Spider
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next