Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What TYPE of music do you collect??

Go down 
+9
Mortuary
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
DallasBlack
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

What TYPE of music do you collect?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:37 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
I have no idea how much is released on Vinyl only. Surely this must be from very small bands with literally no money as everything I ever want to find even very obscure bands always seem to have a CD release.
Nope. Big-name bands release vinyl-only albums all the time. Usually they're singles and EPs and such, but most of the time with songs exclusive to that release.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
I have no idea how much is released on Vinyl only. Surely this must be from very small bands with literally no money as everything I ever want to find even very obscure bands always seem to have a CD release.
Nope. Big-name bands release vinyl-only albums all the time. Usually they're singles and EPs and such, but most of the time with songs exclusive to that release.

Can you give me some examples. Not that I doubt you but I'm now curious to see if there is anything on Vinyl buy bands I am interested in. I have quite a collection of albums myself, just over 2000 and as I said before I have never had any trouble finding something I want on CD.

You've now got me thinking I may have missed out on something. I Know some bands I like released vinyl only singles in the early and mid nineties but everything I ever wanted has now been re released on CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:06 pm

Well, this year alone:

Absu/Rumplestiltskin Grinder - Speed And Spikes Vol. 2 (Split 7" EP) (Limited to 1,000)
Bludwolf/Toxic Holocaust - Speed And Spikes Vol. 1 (Split 7" EP) (Limited to 1,000)
Coral, The - Put The Sun Back (7" Single #1 w/Non-LP Track) (0758 out of 5000)
Coral, The - Put The Sun Back (7" Single #2 w/Non-LP Track) (1316 out of 5000)
Degree Absolute - Cleanse (7" EP)
Johnson, Jack - If I Had Eyes (7" Single w/Non-LP Track)
Saviours - Cavern Of Mind (12" EP)

That's just from my purchases list this year. Each release has exclusive material. Moreover, The Sword, Witchcraft and The Gates of Slumber have released vinyl-only EPs and singles recently, in 2007 and whatnot. The Gates of Slumber have another vinyl-only release coming out next month.

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of, too.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:09 pm

ok, now i'm doubting my musical knowledge (which I thought was pretty good) as I've not heard of most of those bands you mentioned Eyesore.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:22 pm

I have some of many of the formats (vinyl, cd's, cassettes, 8-tracks, digital) but I'm still missing having anything on reel-to-reel, 78 rpm and glass cylinder.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What TYPE of music do you collect??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2