Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What TYPE of music do you collect??

Go down 
+9
Mortuary
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
DallasBlack
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What TYPE of music do you collect?? Empty
PostSubject: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:16 pm

I mean, do you collect old Lp's, or Cd's?? And If you collect Cd's, what type of Cd's do you buy? I mean standard releases, or remasters, or special editions, or limited editions, ecc...??
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:40 pm

CDs, whatever I can get with the money I have at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:07 pm

CDs. No special kind though. I try to get limited editions if there's bonus tracks or a DVD or something but I don't actively seek them out exclusively. I only bother with remasters if I think the original release had crappy sound.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:16 pm

I still have a bunch of old vinyl LPs and cassettes in the back of the closet, but nowadays I'm pretty much all about CDs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:20 pm

All CDs, but I'm a bit tempted to start trying vinyl.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:32 pm

Mostly CDs. I've recently picked up some vinyl, but I want to limit that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 3:21 pm

My collection is largely CDs. But I do have a good amount of vinyl, mostly vinyl-only releases, and about 100 demos on cassette. I have regular tapes, too, but don't listen to them ever. They're all on the upgrade list.

As for album versions. I don't care if it's a reissue, remaster, or what-have-you. But if a band releases an album in the US with 10 tracks, the UK with 11 tracks, and Japan with 12 tracks (one being the UK bonus track), I want the Japanese version of the album. I don't want all three versions, like some collector's do. I just want as many songs as possible on one album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 4:41 pm

First press metal cds & anything by hard Japanese bands [old or modern].
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Mostly cds,but I do pick up some vinyl now and again.I prefer the original releases but remasters will do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:26 pm

I strictly collect acetates and flexi-discs of 1950's underground doo-wop trios that only wore polka-dotted jackets with vests. It's a limiting hobby but very gratifying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:09 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I strictly collect acetates and flexi-discs of 1950's underground doo-wop trios that only wore polka-dotted jackets with vests. It's a limiting hobby but very gratifying.
I own two flexi-discs. One for The Meatmen and another for Mucky Pup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Right now I'm trying to collect classic not-so-well-known thrash albums. When I say not-so-well-known, I mean as in to the casual metal fan.

Albums like Agent Orange from Sodom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:53 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Right now I'm trying to collect classic not-so-well-known thrash albums. When I say not-so-well-known, I mean as in to the casual metal fan.

Agent Orange was their most popular album though. scratch
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Whatever I can afford or get my hands on is what I collect.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:34 am

Phonograph records.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:34 am

Primarily cd's, originals or remasters, and occasionally a vinyl or 2 if I run across something cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:

Agent Orange was their most popular album though. scratch

I know. I said classics. But, it's still not a widely-known album. While just about everyone on this board knows it, more casual metal fans probably wouldn't. I never even heard of it until a couple of months ago.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:45 pm

CDs, mostly.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:34 pm

CD's only. Never understood anyone wanting Vinyl unless they are old enough to have been around when Vinyl was the only choice for a new album. I want the best sound possible from my albums.

I also try to get as many special editions as possible so if their is a choice of an album with bonus tracks and/or dvd I'll go for that version over the standard version, unless it is ridiculously overpriced.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:37 pm

CD's mainly. Though I have acquired recently the wanting of the special editions with bonus stuff - kind of wish I hadn't started down that path actually.

I also do the vinyl thing on the absolute cheap only - yard sales and the like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:18 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
CD's only. Never understood anyone wanting Vinyl unless they are old enough to have been around when Vinyl was the only choice for a new album. I want the best sound possible from my albums.

I also try to get as many special editions as possible so if their is a choice of an album with bonus tracks and/or dvd I'll go for that version over the standard version, unless it is ridiculously overpriced.
Do you know how many things are released only on vinyl? Not just older albums, but brand new 2008 releases! Also, many will tell you—and these aren't just old people—that vinyl sounds better than CD. Either way, vinyl doesn't sound bad at all.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 pm

cds. I dont really go for box sets/special editions and the like though. I just like to get stuff that I will listen to on a somewhat frequent basis. Genre-wise I am collecting more hard rock/prog rock than anything else right now (stuff like brother firetribe, the poodles, leverage, kramer, votchi, demians)

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:

Do you know how many things are released only on vinyl? Not just older albums, but brand new 2008 releases! Also, many will tell you—and these aren't just old people—that vinyl sounds better than CD. Either way, vinyl doesn't sound bad at all.

This is precisely why I waited until CDs were the only format available before giving in and getting them. To this day I maintain that clean vinyl sounds better than CDs; especially in the highs.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:

Well to my ears CD's sound WAY better than any Vinyl I have ever listened to but I suppose it is all down to our own unique taste at the end of the day.

I have no idea how much is released on Vinyl only. Surely this must be from very small bands with literally no money as everything I ever want to find even very obscure bands always seem to have a CD release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:16 am

I feel if a band that decides to release an album strictly on vinyl only is catering
to a demographic of chumps people that I will never be a part of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What TYPE of music do you collect??   What TYPE of music do you collect?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What TYPE of music do you collect??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next