Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Type O Negative

Go down 
+15
TrogDawn
XYZ
akeldama
mez
Tall Tyrion
Chairman_Smith
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
EvyMetal
Mortuary
DeathCult
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:19 am

Anyone here like these guys?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:54 am

Might help if you spelt Type O Negative correctly ;P Anyway, great band. Bloody Kisses and October Rust are great albums. Still need to pick up Dead Again, though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:32 am

I was and still am a huge fan of Pete Steele's pre-Type O band, Carnivore, so I particularly loved the first Type O album (SLOW DEEP AND HARD) because even though it had a more "goth" sound, it still had links to the older thrash of the Carnivore era. That album is still scary as HELL today. (Scraps of some of those songs originally started out as ideas for a third Carnivore album that never materialized.) BLOODY KISSES threw me at first because it was even more goth and less angry/"metal" sounding, but eventually that one won me over as well.

Unfortunately, OCTOBER RUST and WORLD COMING DOWN were way too slick and way too "goth" for my tastes so I walked away from 'em for a while. Though I recently heard their newest, DEAD AGAIN, and it sounded pretty promising; more in line with the earlier BLOODY KISSES style stuff, with a little more of a rough edge than the last few CDs.

Great live band too, by the way. I saw Type O five or six times in and around NYC and New Jersey during the era of the first two albums and they were a hella fun show each time. The first time I saw them (Summer of 1991) they were at the bottom of a multi band bill opening for Prong, I don't even think the SLOW DEEP AND HARD album had even been released yet... and then four years later I was watching'em open for Queensryche on the Promised Land tour. It was kinda cool being able to watch'em "grow" like that. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:01 am

I owned October Rust at one point, but I didn't listen to it very much at all and unloaded it. Occasionally I'll hear them on sattellite radio and they sound pretty cool, but I don't know that I'd pick up anything by them anymore.
Back to top Go down

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Sorry i spelt it wrong. Anyway, October Rust to me is their best album. Theeir new album didn't spark anything for me though.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:11 pm

Smindas wrote:
Might help if you spelt Type O Negative correctly ;P Anyway, great band. Bloody Kisses and October Rust are great albums. Still need to pick up Dead Again, though.

Smindas,It was a Typo on his part Razz

And while I'm here,yes I like them pretty good.Bloody Kisses is a great album.Havent got Dead Again yet.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:22 pm

I like Carnivore. But not a fan at all of Type O
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:53 pm

I'm not a fan.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:24 am

Pete Steele is one tall MOFO
Back to top Go down

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:46 am

thewalkofman wrote:
Good review! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:29 am

^ LMAO I used to like October Rust but the slow paced drum beats kill it for me i mean come on who can move there head to 1/16 beats.

Have you ever watched someone who is about to fall asleep and there head slowly goes down, then up real fast. Thats what Typo reminds me of with that slow paced doom metal...
Back to top Go down

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:24 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Pete Steele is one tall MOFO

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
thewalkofman wrote:
Good review! 🤘

First, it wasn't a review. I wanted to know if anyone else here liked this band. insane
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:57 am

thewalkofman wrote:
Sorry i spelt it wrong.
Haha, no need to apologise, I was just kidding around.

thrasher73 wrote:
Smindas,It was a Typo on his part Razz
Haha, oh dear that's a bad joke.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 5:34 am

Awful band - Sorry, but.....meh
Back to top Go down

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:11 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

They are the closest thing to Black Sabbath I've heard, and I beleive that any real metal fan would like BS.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:47 pm

thewalkofman wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

They are the closest thing to Black Sabbath I've heard, and I beleive that any real metal fan would like BS.

Sorry, I;m a huge Black Sabbath fan and I do not like these guys.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Never cared for them. Slow can be heavy or it can be boring. The vocals always seemed like a parody to me.

And I like Black Sabbath. Smile
Back to top Go down

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:21 am

I love BS. And I like Typo. Some of their stuff isn't that great. I understand, but there are some stuff by them I kept cause it was just awsum.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:12 pm

thewalkofman wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

I love Black Sabbath, as do 99 percent, if not all on this board - Type-O-Negative ain't anywhere near the closest to Sabbath out there - Lots of great doom and stoner bands who wear Sabbath influence on their sleeve. Type-O-Negative are just boring......and.....not my thing
Back to top Go down

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:23 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
thewalkofman wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

I love Black Sabbath, as do 99 percent, if not all on this board - Type-O-Negative ain't anywhere near the closest to Sabbath out there - Lots of great doom and stoner bands who wear Sabbath influence on their sleeve. Type-O-Negative are just boring......and.....not my thing

If I could find something that was close to Sabbath feel I would go buy it, but no one has ever told me of any other bands like that. Maybe if you could give me a few names of bands that have tht style I could go search them out. I was being an ass, I was only saying that I haven't heard of anything else. That goes only for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:26 am

Quote :
If I could find something that was close to
Sabbath feel I would go buy it, but no one has ever told me of any
other bands like that. Maybe if you could give me a few names of bands
that have tht style I could go search them out.

How bout...

Trouble
Candlemass
Place of Skulls
Cathedral
Pentagram
Solitude Aeturnus

Just for starters... and there are literally zillions more out there!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:33 am

Thanks alot, man. I'll have to go check those out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:38 am

thewalkofman wrote:
Thanks alot, man. I'll have to go check those out.

You need to start with Trouble's PSALM 9 and THE SKULL (both of which have been recently reissued with bonus DVDs that are sweeeeeeet as hell). I would also recommend Cathedral's ETHEREAL MIRROR (my personal fave of theirs).

But as the saying goes... "it's all good."

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Also, give SLEEP a listen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

Type O Negative Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type O Negative   Type O Negative Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type O Negative
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next