Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...

Go down 
+15
zombiewalkin
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
krokus
powermacho
ghost
White_Mage
mc666
Mortuary
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
DeathCult
Troublezone
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Empty
PostSubject: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:43 pm

I love Lemmy because he is the only man on Earth who can get away with constantly wearing white cowboy boots...

Your reason for loving Lemmy?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:48 pm

His magnificent wart.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:17 pm

Because he's Lemmy, and Motorhead rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:06 pm

He's funny in interviews.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:29 pm

~ ugly as sin, yet probably bagged more chicks than all of us here combined.
~ most unique microphone stance ever
~ like wine, he gets better with age
~ the warts
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:50 pm

He was great in Airheads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:12 pm

I love Lemmy because he's a man of his word.

The first (and sadly only) time I saw Motorhead in 1991, he strolled nonchalantly out onstage at the beginning of their set, went up to his mike and said (and I quote) "Ello New Jersey, we're Motorhead, and we're 'ere to kick yer f**kin ass," and then they proceeded to do exactly that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:23 pm

Favorite Lemmy story right here:

Quote :
"When you're dealing with a warhorse like Lemmy, it's not easy to discuss typical normal healthy things, such as a balanced diet and proper fluid intake," Motörhead manager Todd Singerman explained in a statement issued Tuesday afternoon (July 5). "Look, one time when I spoke to him about the importance of vegetables in a diet, he looked me straight in the eye and said, 'What are you talking about, Todd? These [potato chips] here are part of the vegetable food group.' So imagine telling him he needs to drink more water because it's a crazy hot summer in Europe — although in fairness to Lemmy, he did start making an effort by adding extra ice cubes to his Jack and Coke."

The band's drummer, Mikkey Dee, said Motörhead have been playing in 100-plus degree heat during some of their most recent gigs, but you wouldn't have known it by the way Kilmister's been acting.

"I'm having to drink eight bottles of Gatorade as well as water just to get through these shows. I'm close to passing out," he said in the statement. "And there's Lemmy sweating his ass off, drinking his Jack and Coke."

Gotta love it.....
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:47 pm

He's awesome.

Can't wait to see Motorhead in August. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:31 pm

he is who he is & does what he wants.

White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:02 am

most certainly the mustache of doom 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:09 am

Because some of his songs are 100 mph heavy metal, but are, somehow, are still good ol' rock'n'roll
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:52 am

He is Rock 'n Roll.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:43 am

I love Lemmy because he can get away from not being a good singer, but still kick ass
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:26 am

Other bands play, MOTORHEAD kills 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:01 am

I love Lemmy because when doctors told him he wasn't drinking enough water, he started putting more ice in his Jack Daniels. happy

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:07 am

I own no Motorhead.

But I love Lemmy because I saw that show once about the Decline Of Western Civilization and I think he was in it and I don't know that I understood a single word he said.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:10 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I own no Motorhead.

You really ought to fix that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I love Lemmy because he's a man of his word.

The first (and sadly only) time I saw Motorhead in 1991, he strolled nonchalantly out onstage at the beginning of their set, went up to his mike and said (and I quote) "Ello New Jersey, we're Motorhead, and we're 'ere to kick yer f**kin ass," and then they proceeded to do exactly that.

The last time I saw Motorhead (about 2 years ago), he started the show in a similiar manner. "How ya doin? We are Motorhead and we play Rock n Roll". Then he stomped on the gas, the band took off and never looked back the entire show.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:22 am

Quote :

Speak to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:29 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Speak to me.

There are literally zillions of Motorhead best-of compilations out there to get you started. This 2-disc one released by Sanctuary Records four or five years ago would probably do ya fine to get your feet wet.

I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... 51HPX4ZDCXL._SL500_AA240_

Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:43 am

I love Lemmy because he defines the rock n roll tude.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:10 am

mc666 wrote:
he is who he is & does what he wants.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:50 pm

I own no Motörhead either, but tomorrow I'm seeing a Motörhead cover band, called Overhead!!

Oh, I don't love Lemmy..... I'm not ghey!

I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... 811939

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:08 pm

kmorg wrote:
I own no Motörhead either, but tomorrow I'm seeing a Motörhead cover band, called Overhead!!

Oh, I don't love Lemmy..... I'm not ghey!

I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... 811939

Sound like fun. Swing by my place and pick me up. We can go together. 🤘

PostSubject: Re: I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...   I love Lemmy, let me count the ways... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love Lemmy, let me count the ways...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next