Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EARL ROOT - R.I.P.

Go down 
+19
DallasBlack
nevermore
ultmetal
zombiewalkin
sovdat
Shiney
mc666
Thrasher73
XYZ
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
Todd Jaymz
SideShowDisaSter
Tall Tyrion
Lurideath
SAHB Healer
Stender
TrogDawn
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 5:14 pm

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Earlypoo3

The guy that has done more for the Twin Cities metal scene than anyone for the last 25 years has finally lost his battle with cancer. I know that 99% of you do not know this man, but trust me, he has probably affected your metal loving life at some point as well.

He has been in numerous bands over the years, the best [in my mind] being "Disturbed" [the real Disturbed - don't get me started] with my childhood friend.

He has had a 5 hour metal show on the radio weekly for 22 years:
root of all evil radio show

He owned a killer record shop and his own record label:

ROOTY'S EBAY STORE
ROOT OF ALL EVIL WEBSITE

Here is his myspace. Drop and say hi/bye. It would mean the world to his long time girlfriend!

EARL ROOTS MYSPACE

Bye Rooty. We love ya!

Obituary:

Obituary/guestbook

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. 23842096
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:06 pm

He's got killer chops and a Sabbath shirt on...what's not to know? EARL ROOT - R.I.P. 309780

R.I.P. EARL ROOT - R.I.P. 604261
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Saw this the other day. I've only heard him in Aesma Daeva, a fantastic band. I had no idea he'd done so much more.

Cancer is such a terrible thing. When scientists waste millions of dollars figuring out if the smell of a fart is stronger from a man or woman, I find it so offensive that there has been so little advancement in the treatment of the disease.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:34 pm

I never knew him/his music but it seems like he impacted a lot of lifes....rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:55 pm

I knew him though, not well. I listened to his radio program for years, and I wouldn't be who I am today without his input. The number of great bands that I wouldn't know about if not for him is beyond counting. Earl will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:00 pm

I've met this guy a few times over the past 5 years and he was an awesome guy! His record store ruled and his bands were all pretty good. He will be missed!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Never knew him, but that's too young to go, for sure. It's always sad when a metal bro passes, whether you knew them or not. God bless his family and loved ones.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:19 pm

If I'm not mistaken, we listened to his show on the way back from the Tankard show. I've heard you speak highly of him many times over the years John. R.I.P.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:25 pm

Sad! I worked several bands via Earl, met him twice-very nice guy! Too bad he will be missed-TJ
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:35 pm

Truly a sad day for metal, I liked Earl alot, and even though I never lived in the Twin Cities, he kept me in touch with the scene pretty well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:12 pm

I only know of Earl Root because of his label (Root of All Evil) but from what I've been able to gather he did a lot for the scene and therefore he has my respect. R.I.P. Metal Brother.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:14 pm

I will definately say a prayer for the man and for those he left behind who will always love him. Sax, I am sorry you lost a true friend. Peace.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:34 pm

RIP. It's always sad when someone passes on.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:20 am

Sad news indeed,R.I.P
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:29 am

it sucks when someone so young passes. rest in peace.

Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:45 am

Don't know him but i trust Saxon implicitly and if he says the man was the bee's knees then he certainly was...Death is tragic and sad...but an end to suffering...Earl suffers no more and has no more worries....rest, my Brother...rest..

Look for my Gram...she'll have a hug for you...for sure....

Last edited by Shiney on Wed May 28, 2008 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:49 am

I've read that news yesterday too ... didn't know he had a cancer Sad I bought some stuff from him few months ago, and even got Disturbed LP signed ... R.I.P.!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:53 am

Dont know him but may he R.I.P.....obviously he impacted many a metal brethren.
Back to top Go down

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Quote :
even got Disturbed LP signed ...
Very cool Sov-y!! Not an easy album to find, and now it will probably will never be re-issued.

Looking forward to his funeral/celebration. It CERTAINLY will not be a normal one.

If anyone digs old school thrash, pm me with your address and I will send you a burn of Disturbed - Disturbing the peace, along with the Don't Expect any Miracles ep, and some rehearsal demos [all impossible to find]. My way of paying tribute.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:53 pm

UGH!!! CANCER SUCKS!!!! So many people... angry

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Sorry you lost a good friend and musical pioneer for your city. Blessings.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:37 pm

R.I.P. Earl
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:46 pm

Never heard of him til now, but as TT said:

Quote :
It's always sad when a metal bro passes, whether you knew them or not.

Condolences to the people he left behind.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:53 pm

I have a lot of respect for people like EARL ROOT. R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:26 pm

I knew of Earl thru the MN metal scene and have and few years back been at the Root Cellar a few times. I never met Earl personally but wish I had!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Re: EARL ROOT - R.I.P.   EARL ROOT - R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EARL ROOT - R.I.P.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next