Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rarest CDs you own?

Go down 
+46
oldskoolcollector
metalmaniac122
manny
Wargod
Orion Crystal Ice
stevegarveyfan
Sutekh
Martin
Sword Of The Heretic
tohostudios
Vordul
ghostintheruins
Selvmord
Stender
powermacho
outofstep
arttieTHE1manparty
DallasBlack
Jedilink
rattpoison
Igor
ensiferum2k
KissinMaiden
krokus
Thrasher73
T-Roy
Invader
Chairman_Smith
the sentinel
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
AchrisK
Witchfinder
Troublezone
ultmetal
INVADERS
kmorg
Fat Freddy
mr.electric39
Shiney
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
sovdat
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:17 am

sovdat wrote:
So this was the catch Smile

So there are two almost identical copies, this one for the Russian market and the other, rare one?

I would say, normal and simplified versions. Both could found anywhere now (if you`re lucky). The reason why those first copies were printed outside of Russia was absence of CD manufacturing plants in the country that time (10..15 years ago). The value of austrian/swedish printed CDs are simple: extremely limited copies, so they are rare ones...
For your info: now Rus label CDM has re-issued all albums of Master in supreme quality (multi paged booklet with loads of photos and info, re-mastred sound etc..etc..)
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:21 am

Well, the seller wrote that this is the first press of Maniac Party on a CD, but from 2002 - so the Austrian / Swedish version came out back in 1994?
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 am

sovdat wrote:
Well, the seller wrote that this is the first press of Maniac Party on a CD, but from 2002 - so the Austrian / Swedish version came out back in 1994?

Yes, you`re right in early 90s. In Moscow stores those first prints sell for 100-200 USD.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 12:38 pm

Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Into_eternity_st
The first pressing of Into Eternity's debut is rare. I've got one of the 1000 ever pressed.

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:39 pm

Sacrilege - Turn Back Trilobite
Trouble - Trouble (not so rare)

Oh, BTW, this is my first post. Are there hazing rituals that I must endure? Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Oh, BTW, this is my first post. Are there hazing rituals that I must endure? Smile

Yes,you must send me all your rare metal cds:)

And by the way,Welcome.Nice avatar,great album
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Yes, you must start a post and tell us about yourself and some of your favorite bands. Welcome.

ult
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome, thrasher73 Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:05 am

Anyone ever seen a copy of Asmodis - Fahr Zur Hölle Pfleischmütze on CD sold anywhere? I've never seen it for sale (other than the copy I picked up for $15) and am curious to know if it's been sold on eBay (or a similar site) before and how much it fetched.

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:38 pm

I have motley Crue's - Dr Feelgood. Let the jealous ragings begin!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:38 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Well, I don't....... Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:40 pm

How rare does everyone think this vinyl is? The Queensryche EP on the 206 label?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:42 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Oh YEAH! Well i have their greatest hits that has nothing from Shout At The Devil, so that THAT!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
How rare does everyone think this vinyl is? The Queensryche EP on the 206 label?

I just read about it on Queensrÿche's own webiste, so I would say not as rare as this:

Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Ep-film-can

As most of you may already know, Queensrÿche has been through a lot of label changes in the last few years. Their first label, 206 Records, was run by their management company Kim and Diana Harris. In the EP's original pressing, only a few thousand albums were made. And because of this, the "206 EP" has become a favorite among collectors. Other than a few changes in the wording on the album cover and some slight differences in color in the printing, a 206 EP and an EMI EP are virtually identical. 206 EPs are typically hard to find, but if and when you get so lucky, expect to pay at least $100 or more for one.

What most of you may NOT know, is that there is a VERY limited edition of the EP that was distributed in a hardened metal film can. Two versions of this were released, one in the US and one in Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:47 pm

I guess to "keep it real", here, I think you will all see a few
thousand ultra rarities when I begin ebaying the collection in a couple
of weeks. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:49 pm

kmorg wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I just read about it on Queensrÿche's own webiste, so I would say not as rare as this:

As most of you may already know, Queensrÿche has been through a lot of label changes in the last few years. Their first label, 206 Records, was run by their management company Kim and Diana Harris. In the EP's original pressing, only a few thousand albums were made. And because of this, the "206 EP" has become a favorite among collectors. Other than a few changes in the wording on the album cover and some slight differences in color in the printing, a 206 EP and an EMI EP are virtually identical. 206 EPs are typically hard to find, but if and when you get so lucky, expect to pay at least $100 or more for one.

What most of you may NOT know, is that there is a VERY limited edition of the EP that was distributed in a hardened metal film can. Two versions of this were released, one in the US and one in Canada.

$100? Not bad considering I payed $3 for it haha.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

You have the ultra rare EP in the metal film can? fainting

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

You have the ultra rare EP in the metal film can? fainting

NO NO NO, a 206 EP.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:12 am

I recently bought a Jetboy pink vinyl compilation release of studio and live tracks called the Glam Years. 1 of only 300 pressed. Quite rare
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:57 am

I have

Mortification - Erasing The Goblin limited edition (mine is number 401 of 500 Very Happy) It's kinda new, but still, only 500! Very Happy

I also have
The Crucified - Pillars Of Humanity (some guy at my church had some stuff he didn't want anymore so this was one of maybe 4 cd's he gave me. The others were all alterna-rock though sadly, bleh. sick

And Master Of Puppets by Metallica. I bought it at Wal-Mart, so you KNOW it's hard to find. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 5:00 pm

I don't own anything very rare except for tapes. But I do have Fear Of God-Within The Veil which I see being sold for over $30 while I got it really cheap at a used CD store about four years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:46 pm

ITs amazing to me how much of this "rare" stuff I own. Every time I check this thread, I seem to have more.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:13 am

I have
Bride-Live To Die(This one is out of print)
White Cross-White Cross(This is also out of print)
Led Zeppelin-Zep Tapes, th first recordings(This is songs that were never released on a actual Zep album)
Evenescence-Origon(2000)(Try to find this in stores. This was hard to find, but the looking was worth it.🤘 )
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:41 am

Most of my rarities are on vinyl, but for cd's:

Angel Dust - into the dark past (original) is probably the rarest one I own.

Also:

Original pressings of:

Both detritus discs
Vengeance (not rising) - human sacrifice
all three believer discs
first three deliverace discs
both seventh angel discs
first two crucified discs, plus I've got the s/t crucified one on vinyl!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:54 am

The sad thing is that there are lots of rare cds/lps in the houses of people who do not care about rock/metal anymore.....

Sometimes a flea-market can be heaven on earth then.... I am in the process of buying someone's complete collection (1000cds/1500lps) right now..... will prolly cost me about 1000 euros but it's actual value is a lot bigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarest CDs you own?   Rarest CDs you own? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rarest CDs you own?
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: