Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And That Makes 500...

Go down 
+8
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Fat Freddy
krokus
mc666
GrandNational
SAHB Healer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 2:40 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quite a few of those look like they came from Uncle Saxon's music room.....

Quote :
Toxic Holocaust - Speed And Spikes Vol. 1 (Split 7" EP w/Bludwolf)

Do you have a way to burn that for me?

I'll send you a burn of that with them CDs if you wish ?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Just for the hell of it I added up mine and its only 131 but I got alteast 5 or 6 more coming that I havent gotten in the mail yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Locky wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Quite a few of those look like they came from Uncle Saxon's music room.....

Quote :
Toxic Holocaust - Speed And Spikes Vol. 1 (Split 7" EP w/Bludwolf)

Do you have a way to burn that for me?
I'll send you a burn of that with them CDs if you wish ?
Send it to Sax. I can wait. By the way, I sent those e-mails out last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:17 pm

Killer! Thanks my Irish brother from a Scottish mother!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:22 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Oh, he was talking to you anyway. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Oh, he was talking to you anyway. lol!

yes I was ya Gimp Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:07 am

Where do you find the money? I've been collecting cds for almost 4.5 years now, and I have just over 500. Even that's cost me thousands of dollars. I thought I buy a lot.

Tell me your secret, please! I want to be able to buy that many. Although, I think you guys in the US get WAY better deals on cds than elsewhere. I've read reviews on cd pages where the person paid like $5 for an album that cost me $20 (and that was a good deal for me).

There's just not enough money when you're a student. I'm broke!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:33 am

I spend probably $100 a week on music. No more, at least. I usually buy a few at regular price on Tuesdays and then maybe some used shops later in the week. But I generally don't pay more than $5 for used discs. I pass up a lot that are over that amount, figuring I'll find them for less at some point. Unless the CD is rare, of course. I'll spend more then.

But in Boston I know a shop that has a large $2 section, and other shops sell discs for less than that. Then there's the trading site lala.com where each CD costs $1.75 plus a CD of your own (you ship a CD to receive one). Then SwapaCD is another trading site, but there you don't have to ship CDs to receive them; you can buy SwapaCD money and credits, and each CD costs you $0.49 plus 1 credit, which is like $4.35 total, or something like that. Then there's eBay and other online music sites that have clearance sections, like CD Baby with their $5 CDs.

Basically I've learned how to buy cheap through years and years of practice.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:52 am

You've surpassed my ENTIRE collection, in just 5 months!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:32 am

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Where do you find the money? I've been collecting cds for almost 4.5 years now, and I have just over 500. Even that's cost me thousands of dollars. I thought I buy a lot.

Tell me your secret, please! I want to be able to buy that many. Although, I think you guys in the US get WAY better deals on cds than elsewhere. I've read reviews on cd pages where the person paid like $5 for an album that cost me $20 (and that was a good deal for me).

There's just not enough money when you're a student. I'm broke!

You gotta shop around. Bargains can be found everywhere if you know where to look. Flea markets, yard sales and garage sales are a great place to find cheap music. I've purchased tons of cd's for a buck a piece (or less) over the years. Yea, sometimes you have to wade through some real turds, but when you find that gem, it's all worth while. And while I haven't had much luck, I know some other members here have found great success at pawn shops and Good Will stores.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:40 am

I go on pawn shopping adventures, myself. With mp3's screwing up my fav hobby, pawn shops are selling cds for 50 cents to $3.00, and they don't have a clue what any of them are worth. I usually take 2 day trips and route out a 500 mile trip.

When me n Auntie went to the Keys last October, I came home with about 1500 cds!!! Most were junk and went on lala, but the stuff I get from lala for discs that are completely worthless is the best way I have found to upgrade/benefit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:45 am

Sax, that's so nuts that it is genius.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:54 pm

Sax puts me to shame when it comes to knowledge on buying music. And I'm pretty snazzy, if I don't say so myself.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:10 am

Line Of Fire are a band of 16 year olds that play at a pub in my town every saturday,are we talking about the same band!?!?!? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:13 am

metalmaniac122 wrote:
Line Of Fire are a band of 16 year olds that play at a pub in my town every saturday,are we talking about the same band!?!?!? Shocked

Yep. Same band. They are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:19 am

KoRn? Eyesore, I know you have issues, but are you serious?
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:32 am

Some interesting buying tips from Eyesore and Saxon here.

Eyesore, I can't believe the amount of albums you have got in such a short space of time. I have purhased about 120 CD's so far this year and thought I was nuts. My biggest problem with buying CD's is living in the UK. It is almost totally not worth buying from any recognised stores. I'll give you an example I was in HMV the other day and they wanted £22 for the deluxe edition of Hysteria. That would be $44. Now amazon.com have the CD listed for $20 which is £10, les than half price. I find with the exchange rate as it is I am buying a lot more from various sites that import the CDs from th States to the UK with good postage rates.

I am very wary of used CD's and only buy used if absolutely necessary. I am just so anal about my collection and can't bear to have any scratches on the CD and want the sleeve to be in perfect condition. I think that I take care of my stuff so If someone bought anything from me no matter how old the CD is it is like they are buying brand new so I expect the same when I buy used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:18 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
KoRn? Eyesore, I know you have issues, but are you serious?
Would I lie? And honesty is not an "issue."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:21 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Some interesting buying tips from Eyesore and Saxon here.

Eyesore, I can't believe the amount of albums you have got in such a short space of time. I have purhased about 120 CD's so far this year and thought I was nuts. My biggest problem with buying CD's is living in the UK. It is almost totally not worth buying from any recognised stores. I'll give you an example I was in HMV the other day and they wanted £22 for the deluxe edition of Hysteria. That would be $44. Now amazon.com have the CD listed for $20 which is £10, les than half price. I find with the exchange rate as it is I am buying a lot more from various sites that import the CDs from th States to the UK with good postage rates.

I am very wary of used CD's and only buy used if absolutely necessary. I am just so anal about my collection and can't bear to have any scratches on the CD and want the sleeve to be in perfect condition. I think that I take care of my stuff so If someone bought anything from me no matter how old the CD is it is like they are buying brand new so I expect the same when I buy used.
I'm up to 530 now. lol!

And I lived in the UK for 4 years; I know how horrible their prices are! Even the used shops rape you. Sure, £8 is better than £18, but it's still $16 for a frickin' used CD!

You should lower your standards, though. A few scuffs and dings on a used CD is fine, especially if it's cheap. I'm pretty anal about my stuff, but I'll work with a less than stellar-looking CD if the price is right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And That Makes 500...   And That Makes 500... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And That Makes 500...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2