Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.

Go down 
+13
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Eyesore
Sutekh
bassman
SpectreFate
exact33
tohostudios
Stender
Wargod
manny
Wurthless
martinsane
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Empty
PostSubject: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:50 am

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I needs me a pair of them pants! lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Holy sh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Dam is he talented, NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:45 pm

I thought he was going to start crying during the chorus.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Apparently upon further digging this is a cover...

Who new?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:10 pm

And I thought I couldn't dance.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:44 pm

If you think that is amusing, check out the first Dc Talk album!!!

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:32 pm

I'd rather burn in hell than listen to music like this.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:58 pm

exact33 wrote:

I'm trying desperately to FORGET how bad that was! What were people thinking?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:13 pm

bassman wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I'm trying desperately to FORGET how bad that was! What were people thinking?

maybe they recorded it with the mute button accidentally on??

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:15 pm

martinsane wrote:

Who new?

I'm embarrassed to raise my hand on this one. Saw the album a lot in CHristian bookstores a lot way back when. Happy to say I'd never heard it, though Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:11 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
I'd rather burn in hell than listen to music like this.

...you and God also.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:45 pm

When I was in college, a christian college, you could not escape this album, it was everywhere. People played it non-stop, in the dorms, their cars, walkmans, EVERYWHERE! No wonder I dropped out after 3 semesters.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:54 pm

martinsane wrote:

Who new?

Sadly, I did. lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:05 pm

That kid will never hear the end of it. Laughing

As far as DC Talk... they made Vanilla Ice look like NWA. I can't believe
those corny TBN type shows thought they were being "cool" and reaching people with their (Barney) influenced programming.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon May 09, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Like so many other Christian bands, DC Talk followed trends. As such, I love this song:

Not really the kind of song a non-religious type like myself would typically like, but I don't care. Stupid lyrics, but catchy as hell.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Like so many other Christian bands, DC Talk followed trends. As such, I love this song:

Not really the kind of song a non-religious type like myself would typically like, but I don't care. Stupid lyrics, but catchy as hell.

I remember that song. Growing up in a pretty conservative christian family I thought that was pretty "cool" at like 8 or whatever..ha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Stender wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I remember that song. Growing up in a pretty conservative christian family I thought that was pretty "cool" at like 8 or whatever..ha.
One of my exes had been a huge fan of the band since she was a kid, so she played that crap all the time. And I ended up diggin' some of it.

I like two Jars of Clay songs, too. Haha.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Stender wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

One of my exes had been a huge fan of the band since she was a kid, so she played that crap all the time. And I ended up diggin' some of it.

I like two Jars of Clay songs, too. Haha.

That is two too many
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:22 pm

I don't know what's more terrifying.. that kid's rapping, his pants, or the hostess' fashion ensemble. She looks like the love child of Dolly Parton, Tammy Fae Bakker and June Cleaver.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:31 pm

No way!

Those are good tunes!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:57 am

That song from Jars of Clay reminds me of the band Live.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:43 am

Troublezone wrote:

That song from Jars of Clay reminds me I must shove a pencil in my ears to bust my eardrums.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:44 am

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That song from Jars of Clay reminds me I must shove a pencil in my ears to bust my eardrums.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.   God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God is doin' a nu thang. In case you were wondering.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next