Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SSS - Short Sharp Shock

Go down 
+6
rattpoison
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

SSS - Short Sharp Shock Empty
PostSubject: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Short Sharp Shock or SSS

Yet another band of young thrashers playing it old-school, this time from Liverpool, England. I heard one of their songs ("Overlord") on the Thrashing Like a Maniac comp cd and a few other tunes on their myspace page. Sounds pretty good and I'll probably pick 'em up. Anyone else heard these guys or have any thoughts?

http://www.myspace.com/shortsharpshockuk

http://www.myspace.com/thrashinglikeamaniac
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Shrimp Shack Shooters
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Shrimp Shack Shooters

Yes, that was their original name. Thanks for that. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Sh!tty Sh!t Sh!tters
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Sh!tty Sh!t Sh!tters

Yes, that too was another potential band name. Management convinced them otherwise. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Slick Snail Slippers
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Snortin' Snot Savers?

But seriously folks -- I have a track from this band on a Thrash compilation CD that came free with an issue of Metal Hammer that I picked up last year sometime. I'd have to give it another spin to tell ya my thoughts on it cuz I haven't listened to it in a while.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Short Sharp Shock as in Dark Side Of The Moon?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Shawn Sucks Straws
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Shawn Sucks Straws

🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Spec Slaps Sausage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:35 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Spec Slaps Sausage

Guilty as charged. 🚽
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Spec Serenades Shiney.

SSS - Short Sharp Shock Specandshiney
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Last time I checked a half dressed man serenading another man on a dingy isn't a crime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Last time I checked a half dressed man serenading another man on a dingy isn't a crime.
lol!

That's actually a scene someone I know stumbled upon while fishing the other day. Haha. Imagine turning the corner of a lake and seeing that! Haha. And it wasn't just some dude laying the guitar, hanging with a friend. He was singing and playing for the guy sitting down. Weird stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Anyone else? I'm looking for band info here. Anyone at all? You. In the back. Yes, you. No, it doesn't stand for "Sharks Stealing Soup". *sigh*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:17 pm

There is an old band named SSS, right? Aren't they from around Boston?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone else? I'm looking for band info here. Anyone at all? You. In the back. Yes, you. No, it doesn't stand for "Sharks Stealing Soup". *sigh*

I have their self titled album here, off the top of my head I think it's on Earache. They don't seem to be that well known around really, I believe they have another album out shortly. What info do you want ?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Locky wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have their self titled album here, off the top of my head I think it's on Earache. They don't seem to be that well known around really, I believe they have another album out shortly. What info do you want ?

I was just looking for opinions mostly (they're awesome/they suck/they're ok, etc.). I've only heard 3 or 4 songs, but I dig 'em. I'll probably pick it up at some point. And yes, I do believe they have a new album in the works. Thanks Locky. You're a gentleman and a scholar, unlike the rest of these "comedian" wankers.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 6:58 pm

I thought this thread might of been about the great Sigue Sigue Sputnik, but alas no. Sad
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:02 pm

silly rabbit....... insane

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Locky wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I was just looking for opinions mostly (they're awesome/they suck/they're ok, etc.). I've only heard 3 or 4 songs, but I dig 'em. I'll probably pick it up at some point. And yes, I do believe they have a new album in the works. Thanks Locky. You're a gentleman and a scholar, unlike the rest of these "comedian" wankers.

They're pretty good, IMO definately not the best I've ever heard, but Id give it a 75 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:22 pm

I like em quite a bit. I've got their first 7", and the lp. Both are great. For me, they are one of the better bands in the current "thrash revival" because they mix quite a bit of punk influence in with the thrash. can't wait for a new record!
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Are you thinking of SSD? (society system decontrol), they were from boston. Great band by the way, at least the stuff they recorded before they started making bad hard rock albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:34 am

outofstep wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Are you thinking of SSD? (society system decontrol), they were from boston. Great band by the way, at least the stuff they recorded before they started making bad hard rock albums.
Yup. That's who I'm thinking of. I hate acronyms. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSS - Short Sharp Shock   SSS - Short Sharp Shock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSS - Short Sharp Shock
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next