Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mechanics re-release...question?

Go down 
+10
James B.
Stender
Glenn Rogers
GrandNational
HarmonicSqueal
TH Joe
fishingd
powermacho
kmorg
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Mechanics re-release...question? Empty
PostSubject: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 2:23 pm

A record company is talking to us about re-released Mechanics of Perilous Times. It would probably contain some 'bonus tracks'. What would you rather have, a few live tracks or some Mechanics demo tracks? Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 2:46 pm

I think a re-release should have bonus tracks that are relevnt to the release. So if you have demos and live tracks of songs from the release, or from that time period in the bands existence, I say use it all!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 6:48 pm

Since I do not have that album I would definitely buy it.

It would be a great idea to re-release it, to get a better production.

As for the bonus part I would prefer some demos extra that didn't made the album, It would be a great idea.
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 8:20 pm

kmorg wrote:
I think a re-release should have bonus tracks that are relevnt to the release. So if you have demos and live tracks of songs from the release, or from that time period in the bands existence

I agree with that..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 8:31 pm

Cover Denim and Leather and throw that on there. It would only take, like, five minutes.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 10:35 am

fishingd wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I think a re-release should have bonus tracks that are relevnt to the release. So if you have demos and live tracks of songs from the release, or from that time period in the bands existence

I agree with that..

I have a demo version of "Temple of the Spirit" with a totally different guitar solo I was thinking of adding.

Any live versions would probably be recorded in the last few years, but we could included songs that are from that album.

I also have an early (03) demo version of "Heart of Metal" I was thinking of including.

Quote :
Cover Denim and Leather and throw that on there. It would only take, like, five minutes.

That would be cool. 🤘
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 2:11 am

A couple of both would be cool.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 10:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
fishingd wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I agree with that..

I have a demo version of "Temple of the Spirit" with a totally different guitar solo I was thinking of adding.

Any live versions would probably be recorded in the last few years, but we could included songs that are from that album.

I also have an early (03) demo version of "Heart of Metal" I was thinking of including.

Quote :

That would be cool. 🤘

That sounds good. Mechanics re-release...question? 604261
Back to top Go down
HarmonicSqueal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Any demos of songs that didn't make the cut? I always liked hearing stuff like that on re-releases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/harmonicsqueal

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 3:36 pm

yea I'd go with demos from songs that made the album too.

What way will the cover art be done ?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 9:49 pm

I always liked hearing live tracks as bonus material like Judas Priest and Tourniquet did on their re-releases. Scott, you guys should put a few live tracks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 10:34 am

GrandNational wrote:
I always liked hearing live tracks as bonus
material like Judas Priest and Tourniquet did on their re-releases.
Scott, you guys should put a few live tracks.

There are actually two live tracks on the end of "Symphonic", although
only one track is listed. The other is a 'bonus/suprise'. It's not my
greatest vocal performance, as it was incredibly hot and we were at the
end of the show, but I enjoy the song overall, so I thought I'd include
it anyhow.

Mechanics has one live song, but it's a long one and includes the old guitar intro we use to do before Steve left.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Scott, any word for the future date of the re-release?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 pm

GrandNational wrote:

Mechanics? It's out bro. You can get it cheap right now at CDBaby.com, Amazon, Ebay, Divine Metal Distro, TheEndRecords, etc.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Shhh...don't tell anyone.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/ultimatummetal2
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Why not record a few cover songs live in the studio ala Deliverance Live vol. 1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Why not record a few cover songs live in the studio ala Deliverance Live vol. 1

We played a small, private Halloween party at a house that was also a studio, so it was recorded. We have some live tunes from that we may use for something. We played Iron Fist and Creeping Death.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:46 pm

I cant really say because I already have mechanics and I rarely buy reissues, but when I do get a rerelease I always like it when they include unreleased tracks, so if you guys got any of those that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:54 pm

There are three bonus tracks on the reissue.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 am

🤘 I can't wait for "puppet" to be be remastered and re-issued
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:50 am

ultmetal wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Mechanics? It's out bro. You can get it cheap right now at CDBaby.com, Amazon, Ebay, Divine Metal Distro, TheEndRecords, etc.

ult

Scott, I had one of those "brain-fart" moments. Sorry brother, I have this re-release. What I wanted to say was, when will "Puppet of Destruction" be re-released? I know you told me once that after 2008, the contract from Rowe Productions was up and you would have control. Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking of POD and ended up searching for MOPT fainting .
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:06 am

i have the album already & live/demo material doesn't encourage me to rebuy. if it had unreleased songs, b-sides, or cover songs from the same era, that might do it.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 am

mc666 wrote:
i have the album already & live/demo material doesn't encourage me to rebuy. if it had unreleased songs, b-sides, or cover songs from the same era, that might do it.

I hear you MC, I think Scott might find some material from that era that hasn't seen the light of day. But then I again, I wouldn't mind some fresh live tracks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:22 am

A cover song and a live track would be good enough for me to buy it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:43 am

There aren't any unreleased songs from those days. Demo and live tracks are all we had to add as bonus tracks.

The Mechanic reissue has an very early demo of "Heart of Metal" recorded at a friend's home studio. It's nearly live, and very raw.

There is a demo version of "Temple of the Spirit". It has a completely different guitar solo in a different part of the song.

It also has a live track on it. There are two versions floating around out there. Some copies leaked out with the wrong live track included. Most copies have "Greed Regime, Inc." live, but some copies have "Blink/Wrathchild" live.

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics re-release...question?   Mechanics re-release...question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mechanics re-release...question?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next