Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pink Cream 69 news!

Go down 
+5
Rex
tohostudios
zombiewalkin
MetalGuy71
Wargod
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Pink Cream 69 news! Empty
PostSubject: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Frontiers Records has set a March 23 European release date for the new PINK CREAM 69 album, entitled "In10sity".

For a number of reasons "In10sity" is a special album in the band’s history. On the one hand it marks the band's debut for their new label, Frontiers Records. On the other it is the band's tenth regular studio effort and celebrates the group's 20th anniversary.

Three years after their critically acclaimed "Thunderdome" album, PINK CREAM 69 is strengthened by the addition of second guitarist Uwe Reitenauer. The new CD was recorded from October 2006 to January 2007 at the famous House Of Music studios near Stuttgart, Germany and was once again produced by Dennis Ward. Besides a truly dynamic and explosive production the album blows the listener away with a blistering set of songs.

Commented drummer Kosta Zafiriou: "Thanks to the addition of Uwe Reitenauer as second guitarist, we have the opportunity to realize many ideas on guitars where we previously used keyboards. The new record is much more guitar-driven than our last productions."

"In10sity" track listing:

01. Children Of The Dawn
02. No Way Out
03. Crossfire
04. I'm Not Afraid
05. A New Religion
06. The Hour Of Freedom
07. Stop This Madness
08. Desert Land
09. Out Of This World
10. It's Just A State Of Mind
11. Wanna Hear You Rock
12. My Darkest Hour *
13. Last Train To Nowhere

* Bonus track exclusive to the first pressing in slipcase
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:02 am

Just picked this one up on ebay. Can't wait to hear it. Even though I absolutley despise the band name (it's so very "merry" and yet so juvenille at the same time), I've loved every thing I've heard from these guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:28 am

Excellent band...
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:44 am

I might have to break down and take a listen to this band even though I despise their name. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:03 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
I might have to break down and take a listen to this band even though I despise their name. Very Happy

Don't let the stupid name fool you. This band writes intelligent lyrics; way beyond the sex,drugs and rock n roll fare the name would imply.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
zombiewalkin wrote:

Don't let the stupid name fool you. This band writes intelligent lyrics; way beyond the sex,drugs and rock n roll fare the name would imply.

Also, they are more in the melodic/hard rock style of music. Tr00 arcane steele meTal fans would be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:22 pm

I got the new one a few weeks ago too...my first one.....and it rules. I'll definately be checking out some more of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:26 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:

Yes, the name realy sucks but they always released good albums(only in the mid 90s they went a little grunge and strange, like AXXIS in those days). Ones i saw them opening for BRUCE DICKINSON (1999 i think, in Barcelona) and after the concert i went to HARD ROCK CAFE in the same city and the guys from PINK CREAM 69 were having a drink and they payed me a drink too. Very nice guysssssssssssss.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Not very familiar with these guys but I've just heard two songs from them with two different vocalists (one being origional vocalist and current Helloween vocalist Andi Deris) and I must say I am VERY impressed and must get some PC69 albums (any suggestions on where to start are welcome).

If anybody has never heard PC69 with Andi Deris on vocals check this out [one of many things I found tooling around on youtube-such and awesome website!]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq0xsJWAfg8&feature=related

For people who say Deris is an inferior vocalist, see if hearing this doesn't change your mind.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:16 pm

In my opinion, the best Deris-era PC69 song is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqSTQXDZuls

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:17 pm

That said, I have all the Pink Cream 69 albums (one of my favorite bands) and overall I prefer the David Readman era.

And any AOR fans should do themselves a favor and check out Readman's solo outing from last year.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Here's a good example of how PC69 sounds with Readman on vox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcwC8k5MOA4

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Yeah, I could pimp this band all day long!

If you want to hear more, look them up on YouTube. There are tons of entries.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That said, I have all the Pink Cream 69 albums (one of my favorite bands) and overall I prefer the David Readman era.

And any AOR fans should do themselves a favor and check out Readman's solo outing from last year.

Where would you suggest I start in their catalogue? This is one of my favorite kinds of music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Where would you suggest I start in their catalogue? This is one of my favorite kinds of music.

I'd start with "Electrified" or "Endangered" but the newer "In10sities" or "Thunderdome" might be more readily available in stores.

Incidentally, those are all Readman albums.

The best Deris albums are Sonic Dynamite and Games People Play but it looks like those have gotten pretty pricey.

Good luck diving into this band. You really can't go wrong with any of their albums.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Deris didnt sing on Sonic Dynamite that was a Readman album. Their Debut album is great its a S/T and also One Size Fits all. Games People Play is ok theres some good songs on it but thats where the band starts to change their music somewhat. I would avoid the album Changes though its almost border line grunge and their first release with Readman on vocals. Thankfully they got back on track and the next album Food For Thought was pretty good and Electrified was even better. All the albums after are great as well. Their music style hasnt really changed too much over the last couple of albums and sometimes I get confused with what songs are from which album but they are a great band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:50 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Deris didnt sing on Sonic Dynamite that was a Readman album. Their Debut album is great its a S/T and also One Size Fits all. Games People Play is ok theres some good songs on it but thats where the band starts to change their music somewhat. I would avoid the album Changes though its almost border line grunge and their first release with Readman on vocals. Thankfully they got back on track and the next album Food For Thought was pretty good and Electrified was even better. All the albums after are great as well. Their music style hasnt really changed too much over the last couple of albums and sometimes I get confused with what songs are from which album but they are a great band.

Whoops, my bad you're right about Sonic Dynamite. Good call on "Changes" too. That was the hardest one for me to round up and when I finally got it I was like "Who is this band?". There's maybe one or two songs on there that are even tolerable.

But since "Changes", PC69 has put out consistently solid releases IMO and the lyrics tend to me more thoughtful than most bands in this style.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Hey just dont let that mistake happen again lol j/k.

Yea Changes is horrible. I was trying to get that cd for a long time and I kept seeing it sell for like over $30 and I heard things about it not being anything like their other stuff. So I waited and eventually got it for like $15 or somewhere around there. I only have it just to complete the collection.

They have a live cd which I dont have. Im not sure if its a deris era or readman era cd. If its readman id like to hear how he sings the older songs. Im surprised they havent released any live albums more recently.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:40 pm

laughing

Sorry, I can't get past the name.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Hey just dont let that mistake happen again lol j/k.

Yea Changes is horrible. I was trying to get that cd for a long time and I kept seeing it sell for like over $30 and I heard things about it not being anything like their other stuff. So I waited and eventually got it for like $15 or somewhere around there. I only have it just to complete the collection.

They have a live cd which I dont have. Im not sure if its a deris era or readman era cd. If its readman id like to hear how he sings the older songs. Im surprised they havent released any live albums more recently.

I have the live album and I think it sucks. I hate live albums that fade in and out after each track.

Oh, and it's Readman on vocals covering all eras of PC69.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:53 pm

Oh one of those fade out live cds? that sucks. oh well i'll just stick with the studio albums then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pink Cream 69 news!   Pink Cream 69 news! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pink Cream 69 news!
Page 1 of 1