Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seventh Avenue- Terium

Go down 
+5
stepcousin
exact33
Wargod
powermacho
kethdredd
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Seventh Avenue- Terium Empty
PostSubject: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Power metal from Germany. Terium is a sci-fi concept album that is really growing on me. Some comparisons are Helloween and maybe a little Maiden. Pretty good stuff. This is a bit hard to find in the states, I got my copy from a pretty good little distro: http://www.nhmetal.com/cgi-local/commerce.cgi?listcategories=action

http://www.myspace.com/seventhavenueband

http://www.seventh-avenue.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=5&Itemid=35
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:37 pm

that store nhmetal is a very good store. This is the first time I have seen t-shirts of christian metal bands for sale on the USA.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Good stuff indeed!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:36 pm

I have been a long time fan of Seventh Avenue and I think Terium is their best effort to date. The music a lot more speedy than before and the vocals are better this time out. I think my biggest complaint about the album is it might be too long. It just seems to go on in parts...

Alex

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:33 am

exact33 wrote:
I have been a long time fan of Seventh Avenue and I think Terium is their best effort to date. The music a lot more speedy than before and the vocals are better this time out. I think my biggest complaint about the album is it might be too long. It just seems to go on in parts...

Alex

Its a great album, Im not sure if it is their best. I think at this point they are one of those bands that doesnt out-do themselves anymore, they just keep making great albums that are basically as good as the next. As far as speediness, I think it is a bit less than their usual but thats ok with me. I agree the vocals are better and more understandable and I think the lyrics are even more godly than usual, which I like.

As far as length goes, I agree that long albums tend to bog down and bet boring sometimes but this album doesnt do that for me, The last few songs are well placed and it kept me going til the end. Come to think of it, it might be their best. For me, only time will tell if thats true.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:53 am

I never liked this band, tried to get into 'em a few times, just never worked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:55 am

stepcousin wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

Its a great album, Im not sure if it is their best. I think at this point they are one of those bands that doesnt out-do themselves anymore, they just keep making great albums that are basically as good as the next. As far as speediness, I think it is a bit less than their usual but thats ok with me. I agree the vocals are better and more understandable and I think the lyrics are even more godly than usual, which I like.

As far as length goes, I agree that long albums tend to bog down and bet boring sometimes but this album doesnt do that for me, The last few songs are well placed and it kept me going til the end. Come to think of it, it might be their best. For me, only time will tell if thats true.

Don't mind if it's their best or not, if it's at least as good as the last two I will enjoy it-whenever I can get a hold of it (probably through Blastbeats).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Don't mind if it's their best or not, if it's at least as good as the last two I will enjoy it-whenever I can get a hold of it (probably through Blastbeats).

If you liked their Between the Worlds and Eternals you will enjoy this one. I think it is more polished than either of those and, even if stepcousin disagrees, faster too. I think it is a nice step forward for the band. It is shame it doesnt have the distribution that is deserves.

on a side note - is blastbeats still around? They have not updated their site in ages after regaining control of the domain...

Alex

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:40 am

On my wantlist.

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:03 pm

On my want list if I can ever find it for the right price. More polished then Eternals? That thing glowed in the dark it was so polished.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:19 pm

Does anyone know where can I get it?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:20 am

Terium is an awesome CD! 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue- Terium   Seventh Avenue- Terium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seventh Avenue- Terium
Page 1 of 1