Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seventh Avenue broken up?

Go down 
+2
Dark Horseman
metalhead777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Seventh Avenue broken up? Empty
PostSubject: Seventh Avenue broken up?   Seventh Avenue broken up? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Odd, went to check if there was any news on a new album, and according to their Encyclopaedia Metallum they broke up on September 4th of this year.
Cant find any other news about it though, anybody care to confirm? Sad if true, it was the band that got me into the entire Power Metal genre.

EDIT: never mind. Found some more sites commenting on it. Really sad, I would personally rank them up there with the likes of Helloween and gamma Ray.
However apparently, the entire band aside from a single member will be playing under a different moniker at some point, bringing up the question for the breakup at all.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue broken up?   Seventh Avenue broken up? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 pm

I'd heard they want to move in another direction.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue broken up?   Seventh Avenue broken up? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 pm

i heard the same as well. Its a shame - they had been getting better with each release.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue broken up?   Seventh Avenue broken up? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:21 am

Isn't the singer already in a new, more high profiled band! Forgot thrir name though....

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue broken up?   Seventh Avenue broken up? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Sinbreed. Don't know if it's a permanent band.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue broken up?   Seventh Avenue broken up? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Sucks, one of the only Christian bands in that genre too.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue broken up?   Seventh Avenue broken up? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Seventh Avenue newsletter wrote:

Hi,

this will be the final Avenue newsletter. Why the final? Why, one thing is: I have left the band and another is: Seventh Avenue is not any longer in the way you know it.

This is heavy news, I know. But let me explain. We haven’t parted badly. I just came clear with the knowing that I don’t have the same goals with the music as Herbie, Flo and Markus have.

We discussed a lot about our music and about Seventh Avenue. It came out, that the name “Seventh Avenue” is associated with white metal. And this is not wrong at all. But it is prejudicial to have commercial success, to be booked for „regular“ festivals and shows. Many people, and more important: many reviewers are not impartial if they know about our Christian background.
That’s why there will be a new band which enters the music scene with a “clean image”. Of course, this doesn’t changes our attitude to the belief.

The last sixteen years have been a good and an important period for me. And I regret almost nothing. Herbie, Flo and Markus will find a new drummer and keep on rocking under a new name.

You can’t reach me under the Seventh Avenue Email anymore, but if you have questions or comments, you can mail me to Mike_Avenue@web.de. If you want to know how it will go on with Avenue, please mail Herbie to info@seventh-avenue.de

I thank you all for your loyalty to Seventh Avenue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Avenue broken up?   Seventh Avenue broken up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seventh Avenue broken up?
Page 1 of 1