Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 25 Hair Bands

Go down 
+8
powermacho
kmorg
MetalGuy71
James B.
rattpoison
Thrasher73
DeathCult
tohostudios
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:53 pm

[quote="SoldierUnderCommand"]
rattpoison wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
How do you have a hair metal top 25 band list w/out Poison; they are pretty much the ultimate hair band?

Or so Bret's wig tells us.

Heres another list that is much better, funny and well written. "11 Big Hair tunes you never should've ignored, 1980-1990". Or as i like to call it" 80's big hair rock that didn't suck".

http://www.diecastgarden.com/scruglet/lists/bighair.html[/quote]

Wow, for songs that don't suck, those sure sucked.

I bet you never heard a single one of them Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:16 pm

And I bet you'd be wrong. I lived through that era, bro. And just because those are obscure bands, doesn't mean those songs don't suck.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:33 pm

I like Hanoi Rocks and Dog's d'Amour but I wouldn't call either one hair metal. Sleaze/glam IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Queensryche as hair metal????????
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:08 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
And I bet you'd be wrong. I lived through that era, bro. And just because those are obscure bands, doesn't mean those songs don't suck.

No way should obscurity be a measure for great songs or artists.

I'm not a fan of hair metal or that lame hollywood scene (that era as you described it) but i'm a fan of those bands and artists in that list i posted who i should say had nothing in common with that era musically or image wise other than a prediliction for hairspray.

Hence why i cheekily dubbed the "11 Big Hair tunes you never should've ignored, 1980-1990" list as "80's Big Hair rock that didn't suck".

If you've heard all 11 songs (or maybe at least half of them) then your right to say they suck but i'm sceptical that you've heard many on the list including Nikki Sudden's brilliant "Bethlehem Castle" or the Bounty Hunters "Threads".

Judgement can only be made once you've heard the songs.

Last edited by rattpoison on Tue May 06, 2008 3:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:15 am

tohostudios wrote:
I like Hanoi Rocks and Dog's d'Amour but I wouldn't call either one hair metal. Sleaze/glam IMO.

That list wasn't saying their hair metal, it's just a cheeky ironic jibe at both the lame hair metal scene and those bands prediliction for hairspray (the only common thread all those bands have).

I think glam is a retarded term outside of describing the original british 70's glitter era. Usually when i describe the Dogs d'Amour and Hanoi Rocks style i usually say blues n' country rock n' roll and post-punk rock n' roll respectively.

And oh yeah Toho you might want to check out Dave Kusworth's Bounty Hunters in that list.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:06 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

Tex And The Horseheads were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:39 pm

I don't agree seriusly...

Guns n° 1?? Laughing very hard Come one, Kiss are always been better than Guns...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 Hair Bands   Top 25 Hair Bands - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 25 Hair Bands
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2