Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?

Go down 
+31
Lurideath
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
Lari
Glower
metalken
Big Rich
the sentinel
powermacho
DallasBlack
Required Fields
7thSecond
krokus
ghost
EvyMetal
MetalRob331
Leatherface
nevermore
Stender
SAHB Healer
exact33
XYZ
scottmitchell74
ThrashedOutCobra33
mc666
Thrasher73
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
kmorg
Fat Freddy
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Yep
Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Vote_lcap75%Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 39 ]
Nope
Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Vote_lcap25%Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage

Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Empty
PostSubject: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:53 pm

Pretty simple.

I never have. I hate the metalhead term, 🤘 that thing and all the other little quirks that come from being a "metalhead". That doesn't mean I don't love the music any less, I just don't associate myself with it all the time. Hopefully, that makes sense. Just look at my CD collection I think there is just as much non-metal as there is metal.

By no means am I cracking on "metal-heads" I respect 68% of this board. Smile I just always have thought it was a dumb image to portray.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:54 pm

I guess so, yeah. I always preferred the term "Metal Geek" or perhaps "Metal Obsessive" for myself, but whatever works.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu May 01, 2008 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Sure do, and still use headbanger. You can listen to other styles of music, and still be one.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Metalhead and proud of it!!!! 🤘

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:57 pm

kmorg wrote:
Metalhead and proud of it!!!! 🤘

Couldn't agree more
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Yes. Without a doubt. Metalhead, head-banger, rocker, metal dork. I've been called all these and worse. I don't mind the label. I'm a music lover too, but the majority of my collection is of the hard rock/heavy metal variety. So if the boot fits, wear it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Nope. I like hard music.

Expanding on what Spec said, I like punk and a lot of "metalheads" hold punk in high disdain. I also like industrial, Celtic and various other forms of music that most "metalheads" wouldn't listen to.

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu May 01, 2008 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Nope. I like hard men.

Fixed that for ya.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Metal til Death bro.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

spectrefate wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Nope. I like hard men.

Fixed that for ya.

Laughing very hard I knew that was coming
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:08 pm

Not me. My history is rooted in the rock scene. Call me a rocker, if you have to. I simply consider myself a true music fan.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:08 pm

That was predictable Spec.

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu May 01, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Eyesore decided since he likes the Backdoor Boys, and other manbanders, he really can't be metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That was predictable Spec.

But sometimes you just gotta get it out. Nothing personal. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Nope. I like hard music.

Expanding on what Spec said, I like punk and a lot of "metalheads" hold punk in high disdain. I also like industrial, Celtic and various other forms of music that most "metalheads" wouldn't listen to.

Get lost, poser!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:

But sometimes you just gotta get it out.

sign

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Not me. My history is rooted in the rock scene. Call me a rocker, if you have to. I simply consider myself a true music fan.

Get lost, poser!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Quote :
Expanding on what Spec said, I like punk and a lot of "metalheads" hold punk in high disdain.

Nah, we liked 'em. They'd be skateboarding, and we'd listen to metal with their girlfriends in the meantime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:15 pm

I can't image not listening to punk. But then I think that whole image is pretty goofy too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:18 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
Expanding on what Spec said, I like punk and a lot of "metalheads" hold punk in high disdain.

Nah, we liked 'em. They'd be skateboarding, and we'd listen to metal with their girlfriends in the meantime.

Back in high school, we liked some of the music ok, but the punks and metalheads didn't get along at all. Not too sure why that was, seeing how my high school was run by jocks and both groups (punks and headbangers) were held in disdain by them. You'd think we'd be united in our hatred of the popular kids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:29 pm

I listen to a lot of other music styles and I'm a metal head.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Nope. I like hard music.
that's me too.

ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:15 pm

Yes I am
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:31 pm

More or less - but that's just in relation to who I work with. To my family and work mates I am the metalhead. However, I don't have the "look". (anymore)
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
My history is rooted in the rock scene.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"?   Do you consider yourself a "metalhead"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next