Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
mc666
Tall Tyrion
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Empty
PostSubject: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:05 pm

Can someone help me out here?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:26 pm

I pronounce it "DARE iss", but I have no clue if that is correct or not.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:56 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
ditto...not sure if that is the correct pronunciation though.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:29 am

I strees the "e" more, but that's just me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:39 am

It's pronounced "a-noose". The "D" is silent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's pronounced "a-noose". The "D" is silent.

He's not kidding on this one. That is 100% true.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:45 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Ditto, but I've never been sure if it is correct either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:57 am

What about Jorn Lande?

I always say "Yorn Land" but I don't know if that's right either.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:08 am

Deris is like There is

Jorn, or more correctly Jørn, is like Yearn

Lande is harder for Americans, Lan-de. Every letter is pronounced, and the a should be like you say it in Narnia. And the e is like in end.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:18 am

I was way off on Jorn Lande then. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:26 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I was way off on Jorn Lande then. lol!

Don't feel bad. I recently found out that it's "Ace" Frehley. I've been calling him "Ache-e" all these years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:28 am

Yep. I've heard MG actually pronounce it like that. At the quilting bees the other gals and I just laugh under our breath when he starts talking about his favorite guitarist "Ache-e". Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:37 am

spectrefate wrote:
Yep. I've heard MG actually pronounce it like that. At the quilting bees the other gals and I just laugh under our breath when he starts talking about his favorite guitarist "Ache-e". Smile

All this time, I thought you guys were giggling at my amusing anecdote about the time I knit a guitar cozy for Ache-e. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:39 am

No. But really the cucumber finger sandwiches were OFR this week, thanks for those!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:39 am

You mean it's not pronounced Ache-e? Shocked
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 am

Don't be hatin' on those not in-the-know on how to pronounce Ace' name. I've pronounced his last name Freely for years!!!!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:50 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
You mean it's not pronounced Ache-e? Shocked

Nope. And it's not "Asss" Frehley either (another popular mispronunciation). It's like "face", just drop the f. I totally get why they call him Space Ace now. Duh, it rhymes! I never understood Space Ache-e. Weird, huh?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:50 am

kmorg wrote:
Don't be hatin' on those not in-the-know on how to pronounce Ace' name. I've pronounced his last name Freely for years!!!!!

I used to until he started "Frehley's Comet". I knew for that band name to make sense, his name had to be pronounced like "Haley"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:53 am

tohostudios wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I used to until he started "Frehley's Comet". I knew for that band name to make sense, his name had to be pronounced like "Haley"

Embarassed I never got that connection either. I just thought it had to do with the Sapce Ace thingy....

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:54 am

Who dis this guy all of ya'll are talkin' 'bout?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:09 am

spectrefate wrote:
Who dis this guy all of ya'll are talkin' 'bout?

He's the guy that ripped off Tommy Thayer's look in KISS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:11 am

My name is Ken. But it's pronounced Bob. The Ken is silent.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:02 am

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:05 am

"What if C-A-T really spelled "DOG""? Whoa!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:10 am

And Saxon is spelled W-A-N-K-E-R
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?   How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you pronounce Andi Deris' last name?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next