Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax A.I.R.

Go down 
+10
XYZ
Leatherface
TrogDawn
Required Fields
Troublezone
Trial by Fire
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Anthrax A.I.R. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:58 am

Now we can get to bitchin' 'bout what S.A.T.O. really stands for... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 10:29 am

corplhicks wrote:

Sharon Arden (future wife), Thelma Osbourne (first wife). Supposedly the 2 loves of his life. I just read that recently somewhere, I forget where though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:43 pm

On one of the Metallica 12" interview pic discs that came out in 1987 or 1988, they start asking what it's like to have Anthrax as the opening band,
and I think it was Jason Newsted says he always runs to the side of the stage when they played  "A.I.R." because it was his favorite song by them at the time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 2:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Sharon Arden (future wife), Thelma Osbourne (first wife). Supposedly the 2 loves of his life. I just read that recently somewhere, I forget where though.

I believe it was in Daisley's book, but it's a point of contention amongst fans--a lot of people swear they've read Ozzy claim it stands for Sailing Across The Ocean, which thematically fits the lyrics.

I really have no idea.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Not that anyone will care at this point, but I'm reading Scott Ian's book and he says that A.I.R. is indeed "Adolescences In Red". It was just a play on words from the classical music song 'Rhapsody in Blue' and has nothing to do with the lyrics or song itself. It's just a title.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I believe it was in Daisley's book, but it's a point of contention amongst fans--a lot of people swear they've read Ozzy claim it stands for Sailing Across The Ocean, which thematically fits the lyrics.

I really have no idea.

Ozzy told the same names in "The Best in the World [At What I Have No Idea]" By Chris Jericho (Book - 2014 ) .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax A.I.R.   Anthrax A.I.R. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax A.I.R.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2