Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Anybody else pick this up this week? I've listened to it more then the new Testament and that says a lot for me. It, at first blush, is more chaotic then their last couple but stay with it and you will start to get the connectedness of the whole. This seems more metal in places then in the past so I understand why some would bring up Meshuggah but the chops are so much more intense and technical. I think having Salinas on two albums in a row helps too as the vocals seem more part of the whole not as an afterthought like some of the last album. Some of this album is downright angry sounding so don't expect a DT type sound but man, give this a chance and you will find some real treasure buried in the chaos. This is one that demands to be played at 11.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:04 pm

I haven't found it yet. I'm hoping to tomorrow. I cannot wait!
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 7:16 pm

http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.19899/.f?sc=16&category=-116
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:54 am

Well, I know where I can buy it. =) But thanks! I'd probably by it direct from Sensory if I went through the internet. I'm surprised I didn't preorder it. Just slipped my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:55 am

So I found the album today. Holy crap! I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing yet, but those gang vocals at the end of "The Power to Believe" brought tears to my eyes! So badass and unexpected. It sounded like Strapping Young Lad had joined the band for a bit. I love when this sort of thing happens. It's not like I was crying; it's not the same as that. It's just this emergence of emotion that is sort of transferred to me from the music. Absolutely killer stuff!

Can't wait to really sit down with this album. I can already hear that Troy must have been taking bass steroids between albums because these bass lines are ridiculous! Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Why don't they get more press? They are phenoms on their instruments and have a more than solid catalog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:57 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Why don't they get more press? They are phenoms on their instruments and have a more than solid catalog.
No idea. They definitely should. A band like Dream Theater should take them on tour. And they're great guys. So appreciative to their fans. It's wicked cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)   ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZERO HOUR - Dark Deveiver (Prog Metal headache)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2